What have you done to your MS3 today?

stupid tree splooge ! You have kept her in great shape.

Today i got some boxes checked off. : )

i just got back in from the garage and buttoned up the rear suspension bits excepting setting height. its still on jackstands so that will be one of the very last things i do.
Any one have corner weighting scales ?

But i now have the Ksports (500 lbs non progressive} rear) in and the Cobb springs+stock struts out. the Mazdaspeed camber arms are in, rear sway and adjustable links from Tri Point are set to neutral for now and the stiffest setting.
The The DBA xc4000 rotors and EBC redstuff pads are compressed with Goodridge lines using Motul fluids ( soon to flush again ) and speed bleeders. JBR 5mm wheel spacers will be attached when i put wheels back on.
The GTspec trunk brace from LaraS is still in there and looking sweet. Thanks Lara !! and the blue anodize goes well with my Cosmic blue mica paint. My cargo net is holdin my CP-e front mount and piping but saving for a later date. and the stage 3 build. I can finally move back up front to finish many loose ends
Jeez i love springtimes !
next weekend I hope get working on drivers mount.

Yesterday: Went from completely assembled engine bay to yanking the turbo, exhaust mani, downpipe, and cylinder head. Head will be going to a machine shop for surfacing. Block deck surface getting cleaned/prepped for new headgasket, new headstuds, hopefully won't lift this time under 28+psi boost.

Turbo getting v-band conversion to Tial stainless steel housing, 1.06 a/r. Downpipe also has to be converted to v-band. No more lame .55 ATP housing! Time to let this engine breathe

Yesterday: Went from completely assembled engine bay to yanking the turbo, exhaust mani, downpipe, and cylinder head. Head will be going to a machine shop for surfacing. Block deck surface getting cleaned/prepped for new headgasket, new headstuds, hopefully won't lift this time under 28+psi boost.

Turbo getting v-band conversion to Tial stainless steel housing, 1.06 a/r. Downpipe also has to be converted to v-band. No more lame .55 ATP housing! Time to let this engine breathe
heads lifting under boost can really be a nuisance.
28 lbs is serious business i have heard. are you still at stock compression ?
Deep breathin ftw.
Important to me... downpipe ? How are you solving that ?

Get in the A1 H11 group buy??

Yeah I had 101K on mine when I sold it in January at the 4.33 year mark. :D

Changed out the headlight bulbs (yesterday). Just used Silverstars 4k from Auto Zone. I was pulled over Saturday night by a douche cop to make me aware I had a bulb out. He asked do you know why I pulled you over, I of course said no, which I truely did not know I had a bulb out. He said you have a headlight out, I was like "Oh really, which side?" He said ummm I dont remember. Needless to say he asked if I wanted a ticket in a smug way, I said no and went about my way. They werent OEM bulbs, the bulbs in there were Xmas gifts from my parents from 2 years ago, so I guess not a bad life out of them.

^^ no HIDs? they are relatively cheap and last a long time. Ive had a set since I had my '08 mz3. Ive had a bulb go out and I called in a got replacements for free plus shipping.

heads lifting under boost can really be a nuisance.
28 lbs is serious business i have heard. are you still at stock compression ?
Deep breathin ftw.
Important to me... downpipe ? How are you solving that ?

Downpipe is being converted to vband too. A good welder can do it no problem. I provided an extra SS u-bend to assist. 9.5:1 compression, yes.

Get in the A1 H11 group buy??

Yes, but I'll be running some ARP 625's I got from Tork Motorsports along with an OEM 4 layer HG (better than cometic 3 layer IMO)

Downpipe is being converted to vband too. A good welder can do it no problem. I provided an extra SS u-bend to assist. 9.5:1 compression, yes.

Yes, but I'll be running some ARP 625's I got from Tork Motorsports along with an OEM 4 layer HG (better than cometic 3 layer IMO)
when all is back in place please send me, or post up some pictures. Thanks.
sounds like you have a firm plan but tell me please why you chose one gasket over the other.
And the studs, are they different in diameter/pitch/ length or is it just material ? i ask because you called them out specifically.
Sounds like good clean fun Mike !

ARP 625's are a different material than the ARP2000's, much higher tensile strength rating. As for the hg, the OEM has been quietly upgraded to a 4 layer design. Going to have to think it's better than the rather generic cometic 3 layer. As long as it stays sealed i'll be good.

ARP 625's are a different material than the ARP2000's, much higher tensile strength rating. As for the hg, the OEM has been quietly upgraded to a 4 layer design. Going to have to think it's better than the rather generic cometic 3 layer. As long as it stays sealed i'll be good.
And how the h+ll did you find that little gem out ? I have a very early build date and a motor rebuild in the future. Of course. we all will do whether we need it or not.
any upgrade that keeps the hat/s on is something i want on my radar. Like the ARP studs. i have made a note. Thanks brother

Damn... Thats it?! Mine had 40k on it in May of 2010 when I bought it, not I'm sitting at 98k just 3 years later
Yeppir, that's all. 16mi./day round-trip commute four days a week (Fridays the Ram has the duty). A few day-trips and one rounder to Baton Rouge.

And how the h+ll did you find that little gem out ? I have a very early build date and a motor rebuild in the future. Of course. we all will do whether we need it or not.
any upgrade that keeps the hat/s on is something i want on my radar. Like the ARP studs. i have made a note. Thanks brother

hpfpupgrade.com aka PTP John. A lot of people hate, but few have done the hands on digging and testing he has on MZR DISI's. Mine too is an early build date.
The drop in pistons/rods have worked flawlessly thus far. Cylinder walls after 16k miles look fantastic, and the carbon buildup on the pistons was minimal and cleaned off pretty easily.

Head goes in this week for surfacing and a valve job.

hpfpupgrade.com aka PTP John. A lot of people hate, but few have done the hands on digging and testing he has on MZR DISI's. Mine too is an early build date.
The drop in pistons/rods have worked flawlessly thus far. Cylinder walls after 16k miles look fantastic, and the carbon buildup on the pistons was minimal and cleaned off pretty easily.

Head goes in this week for surfacing and a valve job.
So is the gasket a newer revison of the 2007 oem unit ? part #s please? PTP John should not be discounted. They did some interesting stuff. And built some very fast cars even though the specialty was srt 4's i believe. lots of concepts are transferable.
I have a couple of the parts still I bought years ago such as windage tray and phenolic gaskets. Not installed though. still haven't pulled the motor and rebuilt , but it's on my list. So anything i can learn from others with experience is extremely helpful.
May i pm you about some details on the head and valve work ?
I look forward to the day when i can detail the plan for the motor build as you and some other helpful folks have.
good luck with the build !

my ssp primary egr delete came in yesterday, and i also bought a set of used fortune auto coilovers off paul walll. Should be picking them up this weekend then i need to send one shock out to get rebuilt.

^^ no HIDs? they are relatively cheap and last a long time. Ive had a set since I had my '08 mz3. Ive had a bulb go out and I called in a got replacements for free plus shipping.

No HIDs, I didn't know how invasive it was to convert it over so I never messed with it.

Got my prosport oil plate with pressure and temp sensors installed, along with wires ran through the firewall. Just need to connect grounds and power and that should be done. Will be starting on 5th port as well hopefully.

Back