What have you done to your MS3 today?

Haven't got to drive to much but in the 5 min I was out it doesn't seem to pull as hard and suprisingly isn't as loud. Seems pretty solid though. Not gonna complain about having to get under the car to clean the air filter anymore.

Haven't got to drive to much but in the 5 min I was out it doesn't seem to pull as hard and suprisingly isn't as loud. Seems pretty solid though. Not gonna complain about having to get under the car to clean the air filter anymore.

If you haven't done so make sure you reset the ecu by disconnecting the negative battery cable and let it off for 20 minutes. Then reconnect and put in 50 miles or so until ecu learns your new intake. Every intake is different so make sure you reset ecu every time a new power mod gets installed. Oh and don't go WOT for those first 50mi just casual driving.

*cough* ahem

0731101740.jpg

0731101740b.jpg

0731101637.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on a new set of wheels, after 5 months of deciding back and forth, posting a poll on this forum, and lots of wife convincing. Ordered a set of Advan RZ in bronze from weksos for a great price(6 week wait from japan). Unfortunately won't have them on until end of year.

MM Boost.. can you take a close up of your hotpipe coupler on the turbo. I needs reference prease.

Looking good my friend

take a shot like this if you can sir:

2010-07-25234341.jpg

thats pretty much how mine looks man...that was the ONLY part during the whole install that had me kinda iffy, but I put the strength of god into the clamps and tried pullin the thing loose...won't budge!

Finally pulled the trigger on a new set of wheels, after 5 months of deciding back and forth, posting a poll on this forum, and lots of wife convincing. Ordered a set of Advan RZ in bronze from weksos for a great price(6 week wait from japan). Unfortunately won't have them on until end of year.

wow, so much hotness. well done...

The past two weekends involved a great deal of work on the J-Speed MS3 as my participation in Red Bull Flugtag took up almost all of my free-time for the past 4 months:

- Installed spin-on oil filter conversion
- Oil change
- Fixed front bumper alignment problem from FMIC install
- Installed BC coilovers
- Removed one ring from rear spring perches to level front-to-rear ride height
- Cleaned the exterior and engine bay (amazing how dirty the engine bay can get!)
- Removed door mouldings
- Cleaned and applied leather conditioner to seats

Also did an oil change and replaced both headlight bulbs on my girlfriend's Honda Accord.

Did all of this in near 100-degree FL heat. Felt awesome to be finished and jump in the pool!

Last edited:
Need info on R&R of Headlamp Assy's on MS3

Can you remove the headlamp assemblies without removing the front facia? I was in a minor shunt and the headlamp assy needs to be resealed around the edges. What is involved in taking one on them off besides unhooking the bulb connectors?

Goalpath,

To remove the headlights, you must remove the front bumper due to the way the headlights fit into the front fascia. Just be sure to not break any of the bumper retaining clips on the left and right-hand side when removing the bumper and you should be fine.

If you're looking to reseal the edges of the headlight, it would be a good idea to inspect the rest of the headlight assembly for any cracks from your "incident". It would be very frustrating to disassemble, reassemble and then have to repeat the process after you find moisture inside the headlight!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

J-Speed Inc.

Thanks J-Speed

I will make sure to be careful removing the fascia and ensure the I have sealed all of the leaks. Thanks again.

Back