What have you done to your MS3 today?

13,5xx miles in 16 months. Driven 7 days a week. None of that garage time crap. Still going strong.

Didn't drive today but the home made tow plate had a good test run on Sunday. It withstood excess of 80-90 mph and the pothole bearing streets of phili

Main concern was the bracket drooping down after hitting bumps or whatever, but everything stayed in its place. I have locktight for the main bolt, and the screw holding the plate bracket to the bolt, but with your hand you can turn the bracket between the washers, even though the screw is tight and there's a lock washer.

So I can either see if locktight will work on washer surfaces, maybe do a very small amount of solder on the washers, or use rubber washers to try and thwart this thing possibly drooping down in the future

Have you tried a star-type lock washer? They tend to dig in really well.

I did think about those, but the only ones like that available to me were the kind that come attached to a nut already, and if I used that I would have had to cut the head off a long 1/4 20 and then grind down the leftovers

Bought my first (and probably only....) set of used aftermarket wheels...Hopefully I get them within a week or so

I did think about those, but the only ones like that available to me were the kind that come attached to a nut already, and if I used that I would have had to cut the head off a long 1/4 20 and then grind down the leftovers

Try McMaster, they're typically next-day delivery on ground shipping.

My 1/4-20 bolt has the flange style head with the grooves cut into it for a locking surface, coupled with a split type lock washer my DIY tow plate hasn't moved since I put it on since last October.

My 1/4-20 bolt has the flange style head with the grooves cut into it for a locking surface, coupled with a split type lock washer my DIY tow plate hasn't moved since I put it on since last October.

Your serrated bolt head is doing all of that ;)

Got my 2nd roll of cool tape. Gonna go wrap the cold pipe not. Will be tough cuz of all the bends.

Latest posts

Back