What have you done to your MP3 today???

Yet another double header of AutoX this weekend, including a shootout style loop yesterday through absolutely drenched conditions; TONS of fun :)

New wheels are supposed to ship out today. Hoping to get them by this weekend. :D

Is it worth the extra $10 to get aluminum hub rings? Or are the polycarbonate/plastic ones ok? Any of you guys had any personal experience with the polycarbonate rings melting @ auto-x or track events w/ heavy braking?

New wheels are supposed to ship out today. Hoping to get them by this weekend. :D

Is it worth the extra $10 to get aluminum hub rings? Or are the polycarbonate/plastic ones ok? Any of you guys had any personal experience with the polycarbonate rings melting @ auto-x or track events w/ heavy braking?
I'd stick to aluminum over plastic any day of the week, especially with the amount of stress they'll be taking in the corners, and the heat they will build up with heavy braking...

I'd stick to aluminum over plastic any day of the week, especially with the amount of stress they'll be taking in the corners, and the heat they will build up with heavy braking...

Just bought some aluminum ones from Discount Tire Direct through ebay. 72.6:67.1

Mazda 3i

I have a 2009 Mazda 3i, I would like to make some changes. First the speakers, then engine modifications, and effects to the car. Can someone help me with places to get the items needed?

Thanks

Toni

they have smaller ones, and i saw some needle nose vise grips the other day...i thought they were pretty cool when i saw them

Took apart my extra IAC valve tonight. Needle nose Vice-grips ftw! Good lookin out, keno! I bought allen head bolts @ HD to replace the gay screws, too. Won't have to deal with those soft cheese heads anymore.

Hopefully this will cure my bouncy idle... Sitting @ red lights with your rpms rhythmically bouncing from 500 - 800 gets old, quick. lol

Mine were bouncing to 1700 before I fixed mine...

Good, hoping to swap them out tonight, and I'm looking forward to a nice clean idle!!! I'll probly give my EGR a quick clean, as well.

I put on a pair of ANCO Contour wiper blades last night, also. Amazon had them on sale for 50% off last week... The 21" is a bit bigger than the 21" Rain-x I usually use, so next time I'll get 24"/20", but they perform pretty well...

Took apart my extra IAC valve tonight. Needle nose Vice-grips ftw! Good lookin out, keno! I bought allen head bolts @ HD to replace the gay screws, too. Won't have to deal with those soft cheese heads anymore.

Hopefully this will cure my bouncy idle... Sitting @ red lights with your rpms rhythmically bouncing from 500 - 800 gets old, quick. lol

glad those worked out for you...ill have to get some of those on my next tool run, those screws are like the softest metal ive seen on this car, mine were def FUBARed after i took the vice grips to them.

Finally got her back on 4 wheels again and I took a couple mile test ride so we will see if the wheel heat comes back again.....

Love hate relationship and right now pure hatred.

Swapped in the new/cleaned TB & IAC valve after taking it apart and cleaning the piss out of it. Also did the TB coolant bypass. I think the idle is a bit high, tho... It's idling around 850, which isn't too high, but still should be around 750. There's also a whistling noise that I'm pretty sure is vac leak around the TB somewhere. The gasket seemed to not line up right, so idk if that is the problem or what. Car idles great now, tho. Nice & steady.

Too bad nothing ever goes as planned with this car...

Anyways... New wheels should arrive today. Hopefully I'll get them on tonight, wire in the new fog lights & *maybe* get a wash. I'll mess with the TB again this weekend.

glad those worked out for you...ill have to get some of those on my next tool run, those screws are like the softest metal ive seen on this car, mine were def FUBARed after i took the vice grips to them.

The needle-nose vice grips failed on 2 of the 4 screws on my previous TB. Had to just install the new one... Took forever to get that wicked old TB gasket off the new TB. It was rock hard and not chipping off worth a s***. And the fel=pro gasket I got for it did NOT seem to line up right. The bolt holes were off by ~1/2". I think this may be the cause of my current vac leak/ whistling noise since installing the new TB. Could this cause my idle to be sitting a little high, right now? It's @ ~900rpms, I would like it @ 750 where it's supposed to be.

Back