What have you done to your Miata today?

I'm on my 4th tank of fuel. Hahaha.

I've put over 600 miles on this beast.

Yeah, I know. Remember what I was saying about us getting to a lull in the season? I've got the crank pulley and front main seal, the reverse lights I need to see why they're not working, and the heater core to swap out. All of that, hopefully, before Nationals rolls around.

Nationals? That isn't until fall. You be able to do all that stuff in a weekend. ;)

Took a couple pics

3523752760_1d93cdea08_b.jpg

3523751246_f3b0c583bd.jpg

I've been noticing some motion in my shifter that wasn't there before... not wiggle in the shift tunnel, but you could get a few degrees of 'twist' laterally before hitting a hard stop. That wasn't there before at all... ever.

See anything missing?

img1627.jpg

Needless to say, the one on the right replaced the one on the left. Took this opportunity to slap a couple new dust boots on as well. Anyway, I'll take it for a spin tomorrow to see how she feels then button the center console back up.

Also put something up to keep me a bit more organized, or at least so I can't make excuses for forgetting...

img1629.jpg

Last edited:
You may remember that brake caliper issue I had a while back. Tonight I had some time and tried to un-f*** it. Well... turns out that it was seized and there was no going back LOL

img1637.jpg

img1635.jpg

img1636.jpg

fail.jpg

hit the drags today for fun and to get a baseline.

pretty consistent.

only "power" mod is the AEM filter on the factory MAF/Tubing.

Killed another set of tires yesterday. We had a novice school / TnT today so I broke out an old set of RE01Rs for the girlfriend and I to have some fun on. They had 190 runs on them when we started, and we put about 20 on them between us today, many of those nearly back-to-back. I'm incredibly impressed by how well they've held up, and continue to. They'll still be good for another TnT / school day, though not much past that

img1642.jpg

img1641.jpg

My insurance won't let me do that. It's just as well. I'd probably break something.

I just clean, clean, clean our Miata. Between two cars, and maybe as many as three events in a weekend, much car cleaning is done. It's no wonder I leave them covered in the garage, during the week. Whew! The Miata is doing OK in the show circuit, though. It's garnered a couple of specialty trophies, so far.

My insurance won't let me do that. It's just as well. I'd probably break something.

I just clean, clean, clean our Miata. Between two cars, and maybe as many as three events in a weekend, much car cleaning is done. It's no wonder I leave them covered in the garage, during the week. Whew! The Miata is doing OK in the show circuit, though. It's garnered a couple of specialty trophies, so far.

Very nice (rockon)

I finally tightened the bolts on my hard top latches lol they've been loose forever.

Friday night, installed new slotted brake rotors and Hawk HP pads...

P5220001.jpg

P5220002.jpg

Drove to Hawthorne, Nevada that night for the annual SCCA North/South Challenge autocross between Las Vegas region and Reno Region...

A run from Saturday (click for video):

A run from Sunday (click for video):

Reno ended up winning the overall challenge again (in the past 11 years, Reno has beat us 10 times... lol...), but I took 3rd on Saturday in CSP, and 2nd on Sunday in CSP... my last run on Sunday would have been fast enough to take 1st on Sunday in CSP, and 1st overall for the whole weekend in CSP, but I nicked a cone, and it fell over... but even w/the cone penalty, I went from 3rd for Sunday to 2nd... that run was 3 seconds faster than my previous fast run that day... but hey, theres always next year :D

Drove mine from Akron, OH to the races in Lime Rock, CT. Such a fun weekend. Here are some pics.

3565800965_bc82c0df9c.jpg

3566543690_54f724f360.jpg

3565718813_e239d9bb0f.jpg

3565066483_9955476f00.jpg

During Parade Laps.

3564994865_9d74a4710b.jpg

Big Mazda house party.

Back