What have you done to your Miata today?

waiting to get my injectors back so I can get 'er put back together

finally got around to bleeding the clutch, and topping off the brake & clutch fluids

man is this a fun car to drive when it's running right :)

Did the wiper mod and tried the WebElectric third brake light mod but wired it up wrong. Will try again tomorrow.

Replacing the wiper arm with one from another mazda vehicle that has a variable int speed and not a fixed one like the NC Miata has.
i'm assuming you mean the stalk on the steering column.

I finished the downpipe (O2 sensor and 'bell mouthed'), and made the rest of the exhaust. The rest of the exhaust consists of a straight piece of 2.5" all the way back. 2 small angle adjustments, but less than 10* adjustment to clear the differential. :) I think I'm going to get a 'flex' joint to make up for movements, but otherwise I'm back on the top of the car putting the rest back together.

I didn't have a real camera with me last night during final assembly, and I never got a shot previously of the downpipe. but here you go, while everything is all shiney. Manifold and downpipe. It's not as easy as it looks with all the curves and bends and managing heat so stuff doesn't distort etc, but i learned a lot along the way. So next time I can do it better (after I swap in the 2.0l (evil) ):

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 419
oh, and I'm re-doing the back half of the exhaust. I decided to cut the rear bumper(for aero reasons) and I'm going to have the tailpipe sticking straight out the center. :)

don't be that guy :(
the rear bumper is like a big parachute creating drag... I'll eventually make a diffuser out of it, but as it sits if I have the exhaust hang below the bumper, it drags when loading/unloading from the trailer. And I'm not going to the trouble to route it all the way to the passenger side just so it can go out the stock cut out... lol and I need it to exit past the body because sometimes I shoot flames :) I already melted part of the bumper on the driver's side from where i had it last year.

Don't worry man, it's not a street car. That's ghey on street cars. But this is GRM style egineering. don't worry, i'll make it look good ;)

Nicely done, Fadi! I can't wait to see her finished

Lets see, today I scored:
4.10:1 Torsen with stub axles for $20
95 Rear subframe with all the bracing for $50
1.8L Driveshaft for $15

I'm satisfied. Junkyards rock! :D

sumbitch I hate you. Which junkyard did you manage to find a somewhat intact miata in?!

sumbitch I hate you. Which junkyard did you manage to find a somewhat intact miata in?!

In Charleston, SC. There is a 95 black/tan with a right front hit...enough to tweek the subframe. The entire driveline was intact until i arrived. The only things really missing were interior parts and the doors. I'd like to go back and salvage more, but I leave town tomorrow.

I replaced a valve stem cap

Last Saturday I went out and replaced a cracked valve stem cap..I feel a lot better knowing I no longer have a cracked valve stem cap on the car and now the car drives a whole lot better..
Clean dry hands and the correct finger tip torque is very important in the instillation of a valve stem cap and daily propper plastic cleaner application will give your caps a long and happy life span..

Last Saturday I went out and replaced a cracked valve stem cap..I feel a lot better knowing I no longer have a cracked valve stem cap on the car and now the car drives a whole lot better..
Clean dry hands and the correct finger tip torque is very important in the instillation of a valve stem cap and daily propper plastic cleaner application will give your caps a long and happy life span..
you should do a write up with pics. Did you use chrome caps, or OEM style black? Is it required to check pressure at the same time, or can you do it anytime? Also are the steps the same for the front -vs- back tires?

replacing a valve stem CAP made it drive better!? Now that's a new one...

Back