What have you done to your Miata today?

Cleaning up my heap before going to Myrtle Beach in a week and a half. I've neglected the underside of the hood while everything else gets at least wiped down every once in a while, and today I tried to make amends.

100314-01.jpg

i was just curious what it woulda cost to go 24A Laser Blue

But it's too much so just gonna take care of this mis matched color to restore the smurf

4432240233_0a9478f476.jpg

that's cause it was done VERY cheaply less than a year ago

there was NO prep work done at all. It flakes off every time i wash it (on the front bumper) and there is making lines on all the rubber trim and no clear coat or any prep work to the body before painting.

My iphone cam makes it look nicer than it is, just ask John

yeah, i mean it's not bad, but it's most def. not something i am gonna dump aton of money into

I'll keep my eyes open for a clean 1.8 NA or possibly even an NB next year, but for now, just keeping up with trying to keep it clean/decent.

Put on the new summers tires and rims. Also lowered the car back to summer height. Goes in for an alignment on Wednesday and the bodykit goes on this weekend.

Passed emissions on the second go-round lol. Now to burn off some regular unleaded fuel driving it back and forth to work, and then at the Test & Tune next weekend, where hopefully we can put in some premium again, advance the timing back to where it was, and gain my precious horsepressures back :D

Looked at some pictures of mine and began looking into tires for it.

Looked at some pictures of mine and began looking into tires for it.

What are you looking for tire wise son? I am sure that I can save you some money.....actually, I will be picking up 6 Kumho V 710's 225/45/17 (new) for $100 a piece........

Well, after talking to Bryan Lingruen down at Daytona, I'm thinking of going with the Direzza Star Specs in 215/40-17. Still thinking though. It all depends on what kind of a deal I can find, ya know?

Well, after talking to Bryan Lingruen down at Daytona, I'm thinking of going with the Direzza Star Specs in 215/40-17. Still thinking though. It all depends on what kind of a deal I can find, ya know?

Just put a set on mine, Love them.

The Star Specs are excellent street tires.

I have GOT to figure out what the F is causing this ear-splitting squeal on the left-rear brakes in the miata. It's fine if you're really moving and jump on the binders, but if you're just sort of putt-putting through traffic and use them lightly, omg the worst noise in the universe. And I've had them apart as late as a month ago trying to fix it. It went away for a while then came back. And I can't find anything that's touching the rotor that shouldn't. Nothing's got any weird wear patterns on anti-rattle-clips or on the rotor. I'm starting to think it may be a defect in 1 of the pads honestly. I think tomorrow I'm going to take that corner down and see what's up. I need to track down a couple of clunks before the next event, so I'm going to have it on jack-stands anyway.

Last edited:
315cc, how cute... heh. (j/k)

I've got 550's in mine. DEFINITELY don't need any that big.

I would have 750 but I don't have money for the Hydra EMS, and 3071R Garrett :(

But I will soon :)

For right now, I just wanted to get rid of the "sand noises"

Well, blew the front coilover, so the car will be down for at least a week while I get it sent out and rebuilt. PITA

4443095371_cb48f564f2_b.jpg

is innocent blue :D on a less pointless note my voodoo magnum with nb 6speed pattern should be here today. ordering a new fog light on sunday/monday and next sunday/monday ordering a steering wheel :D.

I've got mine warming up in the driveway right now. Gonna get the boost controller set to 12 psi again.

Back