What have you done to your Miata today?

Damn that sucks! Glad you guys got home safe though.
I got news too:
1 - Overheating. The car started over heating badly..... After adding coolant & water it went down. After checking it today it appeared that liquid simply vanished??? So we get a pump and stuff it in the radiator & start pumping. All I could hear was water & pssssssh from air escaping. After tracking down the leak, the problem was an easy fix. It was the plastic nub behind the block directly below the coil. A quick replacent solved the problem.

2 - Mirrors. Stockers installed! Problem is they are not seating right. And the covers for the screw/bolts are not snapping into the base.
Question? How the hell do you adjust them?? Since I had the cf ones it was easy....it seems as if these don't move. The glass doesn't move & they don't fold LOL!
They do look really good though.

3 - Rear subframe brace. Its a wrap on the first production piece by JamTurk Design. Details on this upcoming. If this actually goes in to production it'll be alot less than the ones currently on the market & you guys will be the first to know. Right now we (Ahmet & I) are concentrating on miatas and bmw (his bread & butter as a mechanic)....I'll have pics up soon. Hopefully you guys will be interested. :)

Last edited:
Here's the first production J/T brace:
(Basically it's like the FM one...but for less). :)

Last edited:
Here's the first production J/T brace:
(Basically it's like the FM one...but for less). :)
RE: my PM to you. n/m it doesn't look like that'll clear my exhaust... :/

Woo woo I finally got NEW OEM what I always wanted. Mudflaps! I think they will further refine the lines of the miata with the hardtop. I don't know what they go for new but used ones for rx7s go for 150.00 so I feel I didn't overpay. I'll take pictures when I put them on and wash it. This will save a lot of time cleaning the areas behind the tires.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Fadi, as I said...this is just the first one. I'm going to try and see if we can modify it for fitment of larger pipes. I'll let you know.

Mel, I swear...if those were the ones I was watching on ebay (can't see ebay stuff at work)...I am gonna kill you lol. Make sure you take some pics after the install. I recently saw a NA with flaps and a hard top...I thought it looked really good.

heh.. battery is tiny, I had to check that it was actually a 12v heh. Since the battery has a non standard posts. i was trying to figure out how to attach the cables. I figured that if I took the little bolt out of the post clamp, and bolt the cables straight to the battery :) And with the rest of the clamp in place, it gives a great place to attach the battery charger lol

Attachments

• DSC00880.JPG
    DSC00880.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 176
So i came back from the muffler shop, replacing center cat with a 30'' glasspack and removing stock muffler for a high flow bike's muffler. The car had a high deep tone, buzzy at 3k. Some better flow after 5k till RL

heh.. battery is tiny, I had to check that it was actually a 12v heh. Since the battery has a non standard posts. i was trying to figure out how to attach the cables. I figured that if I took the little bolt out of the post clamp, and bolt the cables straight to the battery :) And with the rest of the clamp in place, it gives a great place to attach the battery charger lol

damn that's small. I assume it is for racing? Not for everyday use?

So i came back from the muffler shop, replacing center cat with a 30'' glasspack and removing stock muffler for a high flow bike's muffler. The car had a high deep tone, buzzy at 3k. Some better flow after 5k till RL

pics?

Sorry i got a ticket and i had to change it, i replaced the bike's muffler for a turbo muffler, chambered. Slightly louder than stock. I might get a straight through magnaflow but add more resonators to quite it down in case it gets loud

Miada is running!!!!11!!1! After sitting for 10 months, made a new manifold, downpipe, core support, exhaust, new radiator, new intercooler it started right up once the battery was finally charged.

Didn't run it too long because I haven't finished the coolant lines, but yay!! Race gas still in the tank smells nice BTW :p

Back