What have you done to your Miata today?

ROFL please stop! Please? Someone take the shovel away from him...

Yea people told me that before, thx tho! But it isn't that you lose torque, just on a take off i will have to rev higher to take off uh
no, you will lose mid-range torque if you take off the resonance chamber on an n/a car. And yes, that is dyno proven.

I don't understand why you'd have to rev higher unless your clutch is slipping. Since the speed of the car is directly related to mechanical parts (the ratio of the gears), the RPMs-vs-speed will never change unless you change gears. Putting on bigger pipes after the converter will have no negative affects on your car. Period.

Perhaps you're confused with pipes being too big on the primary tubes of a header...

sold my miata to someone who wants to convert it for spec racing (drive)

Damn! What year?

And kudos to whoever for unblocking M247.com at work for me!!
Whoop whoop!

This poor guy will never return to zoominmiata after this.

Well, you can't say we didn't at least TRY to be nice right off the bat. but if you keep spewing nonsense, I'm going to make fun of you.

Damn! What year?
1994 laguna A-pkg

has the spec wheels already ;)

miatafs3.jpg

/\ /\ /\
What?

If you plan on spinning the tires evertytime sure. But you really won't lose THAT much torque...I mean you are running an NA car, so it's not like it's a powerhouse to begin with. You should really try get a good exhaust on there...I'd recommend a 2.25-.5" pipe. A nice intake and a good set of headers. That would get you going in the right direction. As you asked, I posted a nice enough exhaust..cat back at that for like $170 shipped to your door or something like that...I would have got that if I were you. :p

I see, there did you get the tsudo catback at? If they don't have any i might go for either anza or custom 2.25'' and a straight through muffler. Intake i will do the DIY cowl, dyno proven to increase tq/hp (like the one on picture). And headers will come later on with some high flow cat.

Attachments

• DSC01353.JPG
    DSC01353.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 147
no, you will lose mid-range torque if you take off the resonance chamber on an n/a car. And yes, that is dyno proven.

I don't understand why you'd have to rev higher unless your clutch is slipping. Since the speed of the car is directly related to mechanical parts (the ratio of the gears), the RPMs-vs-speed will never change unless you change gears. Putting on bigger pipes after the converter will have no negative affects on your car. Period.

Perhaps you're confused with pipes being too big on the primary tubes of a header...

The intake i will use is the one above, and yea maybe my old miata had 2.5'' pipes and my header had 3 leaks.

20 minutes with the cut-off wheel and yes, a little bit with a sawz-all :) Now there is plenty of room for the exhaust and it doesn't hang low enogh to scrape when loading/unloading. Also got rid of that big pocket reducing some drag..

Attachments

• DSC00865.JPG
    DSC00865.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00867.JPG
    DSC00867.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00868.JPG
    DSC00868.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00872.JPG
    DSC00872.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I coned away a CSP trophy at this weekend's Dixie NT. Instead, I had to settle for 7/12. I are not happy about this.

Came in NOT DFL (but close....) in my first tour on a brand spanking new setup. We basically used the event as a test and tune and got the car dialed in pretty well. After a few events with the car, and learning to have a heavier right foot, I think we'll be doing better.
Here's the fun part. Loaded the miata on the trailer to head back. Stopped in Macon for dinner, no problems. After dinner, I took over driving duties. Take into consideration this is the 2nd time I've ever driven a vehicle with a trailer. About 15 minutes north of Darkness Macon,ga HUGE vibrations. The driver's side trailer tire let go. I manage to shut it down slowly and get to the shoulder. It was about 9:45 or so and we didn't have a spare.
We assess the damage and head back to macon hoping the walmart (only place really open on a Sunday night) had trailer wheel/tires. They did not. So we drive a half hour north to Jackson where there's a truck stop. They don't have 15" tires, but they can mount one if we get it. Drive up another 15 minutes north to McDonough (sp?) to another Walmart to get a tire. Back to the truck stop where I see a guy w/ 2 huge 'spoons' do the fastest tire mounting I've ever seen. BY HAND! We slip him $30 and head back to the trailer. Get everything back together at about 11:45-12. I resume my driving stint and we start heading back up towards the A. Well, everything went well until we hit my off ramp. Again, BAD vibrations coming from the vehicle. Tire pressure monitors didn't report anything, so it probably wasn't the truck. Anyway, I baby it the 5 minutes to the house. The OTHER trailer tire had a chord let go internally. We backed the trailer into my garage and remove the wounded wheel. The tire was egg shaped... And now I'm here at 2:30 posting up.

Oh, and the muffler fell off of the miata while Brett (my codriver) was en-route to the gas station to add about a gallon. Better there than on course I suppose...

Good news is that we are SO under driving the car. The few tweaks have literally made it 150% better than it was last weekend. The Potenza RE-01Rs are absolutely amazing. WAY better than the Azenis RT-615s. It's also about 3/4" shorter, which gives us much better effective gearing. Sure, they're a little more expensive, but you're definitely getting what you paid for.

Well, it's been one hell of a weekend. I had a GREAT time at my first national tour. Sure, didn't quite do as well as I would have liked, but my list of excuses is long. The #1 reason? Not driving fast enough ;) Granted, an autocross with TWO shifts to third and back is a bit outlandish haha.

Ok...I'm rambling, tired as hell and have work in the morning. The caffeine's finally starting to wear off, so I think it's about time to hit the ol' road.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back