What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

new shoes :)

just put my new rotas on my car today :) (sorry for weird pic quality, from cell phone)

mazda 1.jpg

mazda 2.jpg

mazda 3.jpg

Throttle body ground and K&N high-flow went on tonight.

So. so far we've got :

Timing mod, TB ground, Denzo Iridium plugs, NRG voltage stabilizer, and K&N high-flow box air filter.

The car is so quiet and smooth. Even at high rpms it still stays quiet. I actually over-reved the other day cuz I wasn't used to how quiet the engine was.

My cars getting fast (cabpatch)

+1 to that!

Also, those pics look just fine.. Nice cell phone! ;)

Q: What tint level is that?

Thanks lol yeah wasn't too sure about the color at first but now I'm def loving the bronze on black :)

Also the tint is 20 :)

question for you all that have repainted their emblems. do you save the glue that was on originally or do you get new glue and put it back on? I have never really looked in to the mod and would like to do it.

newb question lol

thanks.

hey there mountain biker. you should ask this question as a new thread under the mazda 3 appearance section. anyway..... no glue. its double sided tape from factory.

front mazda emblem uses no double sided tape. it has tabs to pop out behind the grill. so thats that.

rear mazda emblem has mounting pins with bushings around them as well as tape. I removed all the tape and didn't use any to put it back on. the little pegs should just pop back in. be careful to remove the bushing as well as the peg coming out of the badge.

"mazda" badge has the same mounting pins and tape. again i just popped it back on. no tape.

The "3" on the back and the "2.3" (if you have that) use the double sided tape stuff. I didn't put the three back on. I think it looks cooler and more custom to leave it off. but thats opinion. I epoxy'd the 2.3s back on with plastic to metal epoxy from AAP. I also put them back on lower, near the bottom bump in the door.

tips: use a plastic spreader to gently work your way under the corners of all the badges. take your time, scratches occur easily doing all this. match your emblem color to your future wheel color!

may want to use a clear coat finish on the front badge. for rocks and such...

hope this helps!

car looks good nicole, but now its begging to be lowered haha :p

seeing your black on bronze almost makes me miss my bronze wheels....

hey there mountain biker. you should ask this question as a new thread under the mazda 3 appearance section. anyway..... no glue. its double sided tape from factory.

front mazda emblem uses no double sided tape. it has tabs to pop out behind the grill. so thats that.

rear mazda emblem has mounting pins with bushings around them as well as tape. I removed all the tape and didn't use any to put it back on. the little pegs should just pop back in. be careful to remove the bushing as well as the peg coming out of the badge.

"mazda" badge has the same mounting pins and tape. again i just popped it back on. no tape.

The "3" on the back and the "2.3" (if you have that) use the double sided tape stuff. I didn't put the three back on. I think it looks cooler and more custom to leave it off. but thats opinion. I epoxy'd the 2.3s back on with plastic to metal epoxy from AAP. I also put them back on lower, near the bottom bump in the door.

tips: use a plastic spreader to gently work your way under the corners of all the badges. take your time, scratches occur easily doing all this. match your emblem color to your future wheel color!

may want to use a clear coat finish on the front badge. for rocks and such...

hope this helps!

Thanks!

removed the throttle body ground. it lowered performance.

oh yeah. and spanked a mustang on some back country roads : D

removed the throttle body ground. it lowered performance.

oh yeah. and spanked a mustang on some back country roads : D

I have read that the tb ground is a bit of a waste. Stock mustangs are not so good in the twisty bits too heavy imo. Now if it were a Roush Mustang oh my different story! Nice work though.

grounding the TB smooths out the powerband some... not necceccarily something you can always feel but dynos from before and after show it really did help to smooth out the power band

I know what it does. But I think it doesn't do its job the same way with a voltage stabilizer, which I have.

agreed, i think the voltage stabilizer is the best option, the grounding kit is next best option and just a DIY throttle body ground is last

but for the couple bucks to do the TB ground its not a bad choice... haha

I've had a busy weekend. I painted and installed a fujita f5 CAI, painted wired and installed some hella supertones, grounded my throttle body, did the timing advance mod and laid new lamin-x on my fog lights (2 layers this time). I even gave her a bath.

All in all I am extremely happy with how these light mods have changed the throttle response and mid-top end power of my car. Power delivery is much smoother and the hesitation and slight bucking under light/partial throttle is eliminated. It is much more responsive, it sounds better, and it drives like I want it to.

H&R coilovers should be delivered on monday so that should be next weekend's project if it is nice out.

Back