What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Cool! (headbang)
I washed and vacuumed it yesterday. Gotta clay bar the big one though, Exped has water spots. :/

^^^ Where are the pics? ^^^
Mine need it so bad, but I am waiting to do the entire brake system w/new cross drilled rotors and EBCs.
Besides, the weather 'round here has been questionable at best lately.
Did you use the G2 epoxy paint?

Nope. I used caliper spray paint from Autozone.

Forgot to post about a month ago when I swapped out the winter steelies for the factory set.

Got a decent jack and jack stands from Northern Tool & Equip. and a beam torque wrench from Sears (which performs adequately and actually has a lifetime warranty, unlike most of their other more expensive torque wrenches).

Doing it myself was most satisfying.

(yippy)

Istalled and painted my ebay lip.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 181
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 162
15K service: oil & filter change, front & rear brake inspection. Will rotate tires this weekend. (I really need to get a radio for the garage..)

Also plan on giving it a good wash this weekend.. we'll see... There are some tar trails on the driver's side "rocker panel" area all along the front door and on the rear wheel. (Should've taken the alternate route that morning, I guess.) I'm hopeful that the SimpleGreen wash will take it off, but if it doesn't I'll probably end up getting the exterior professionally detailed when I get the interior detailed.. Might budget that for once/year.

Rotated tires front to back and gave them a good washing in the process (I really hate Road Construction Season), which took much longer than I anticipated. Wish I had something to take off all the little tar spots.. fingernailing them makes them smear and Bug Tar (the Turtle Wax product) doesn't seem to do anything but smell bad. Any suggestions?

P.S. Commandeered the radio for use in the garage. Much better! (headbang)

Last edited:
Rotated tires front to back and gave them a good washing in the process (I really hate Road Construction Season), which took much longer than I anticipated. Wish I had something to take off all the little tar spots.. fingernailing them makes them smear and Bug Tar (the Turtle Wax product) doesn't seem to do anything but smell bad. Any suggestions?

P.S. Commandeered the radio for use in the garage. Much better! (headbang)

Go to an automotive paint store and get some of their mild surface prep. I used to work for Sherwin Williams Automotive Paints and they had a product (R7K-148, I believe) that I got in a quart. I'm sure Dupont or PPG have their own similar product. Anyway, it worked wonders on tar and bugs! Just dab a little on a terry cloth towel and wipe!

Just did the HD lip today. Wish I would have used the tape all the way around though not just segments. Would have looked better. Oh well, still looks good I think

Attachments

• lip1.jpg
    lip1.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
installed a twm sts with shortened boot monday...
and then ordered led's to replace the map lights, dome lights (glove box, trunk, license plate etc) on tuesday
and wednesday finally got around to ordering the BSD delete

installed a twm sts with shortened boot monday...
and then ordered led's to replace the map lights, dome lights (glove box, trunk, license plate etc) on tuesday
and wednesday finally got around to ordering the BSD delete

How you like the twm sts? The BSD is a sweet mod to do as well. You will notice a difference right away. I currently have all of thoughs mods u just listed and they were well worth it.(headbang)

How you like the twm sts? The BSD is a sweet mod to do as well. You will notice a difference right away. I currently have all of thoughs mods u just listed and they were well worth it.(headbang)

i love the sts... the strangest adjustment for me was not being used to it being so low and trying to grab above the shift knob a few times on the first few times driving after installing it.... lol

the bsd is something ive been wanting to do for a while, just was waiting for coondog to get some money in so we could both order and install at the same time....

and i cant wait for the led interior lights...

have a few other goodies, but those wont be told til they come in and get installed (lol2)

The OEM diffuser is HOT! looks great YearOfTherat

i love the sts... the strangest adjustment for me was not being used to it being so low and trying to grab above the shift knob a few times on the first few times driving after installing it.... lol

the bsd is something ive been wanting to do for a while, just was waiting for coondog to get some money in so we could both order and install at the same time....

and i cant wait for the led interior lights...

have a few other goodies, but those wont be told til they come in and get installed (lol2)

The OEM diffuser is HOT! looks great YearOfTherat

Yea man it has some small adjustments to it. LoL I remember from a start I would throw the car into 3rd gear instead of first. :mad:

For your BSD install pick up some red loctite, and some oil resistant RTV. Thoughs items should help you out as well.

Installed OEM rear diffuser.

IMG_0726.jpg
They make those!?!??!? (boom04) I had no idea!!! I'd scrape it up anyways. I want more pics of your car though...looks good!

I'm probably getting it back from the shop tomorrow so I'll probably get to drive it tomorrow for the first time since last Sunday! (thumb) Although I'm enjoying the Expedition...(wiggle) (signifies slight body roll)

They make those!?!??!? (boom04) I had no idea!!! I'd scrape it up anyways. I want more pics of your car though...looks good!

Thanks !! It was available for the 04- 06 hatches. The dealership I got it from sold it to me @ cost (yippy) and I couldn't refuse. I'll post more up soon.

Thanks !! It was available for the 04- 06 hatches. The dealership I got it from sold it to me @ cost (yippy) and I couldn't refuse. I'll post more up soon.
Damn...another disadvantage to having an 08.5. lol
I'm waiting for them!

Yea man it has some small adjustments to it. LoL I remember from a start I would throw the car into 3rd gear instead of first. :mad:

For your BSD install pick up some red loctite, and some oil resistant RTV. Thoughs items should help you out as well.

thanks for the tip on the bsd install... im are both hoping to have it in before this weekend... for the dyno day (saturday) and autocross (sunday)

Last edited:
Back