What Have You Done To Your House Today?

Before: White everywhere, trim needed paint badly as well.
Bath01.JPG

Bath02.JPG

Bath03.JPG

Photoshop of the color I wanted:
Bath04.JPG

(4) Coats later, yes (4) coats, red are a b**** on white walls:
Bath05.JPG

Bath06.JPG

Bath07.JPG

Bath08.JPG

Now you can bleed all over the place and not notice!

Nice color, Santos! We painted one of our walls in our old house a deep red color as an accent wall and we only did one coat. Maybe it's b/c the paint was sitting in the garage for 3+ years and it thickened up. Maybe that's the trick. (rlaugh)

Nice color, Santos! We painted one of our walls in our old house a deep red color as an accent wall and we only did one coat. Maybe it's b/c the paint was sitting in the garage for 3+ years and it thickened up. Maybe that's the trick. (rlaugh)

or maybe it was quality paint :p

In before Santos disagrees that you did one coat.

or maybe it was quality paint :p

In before Santos disagrees that you did one coat.

we should have used a gray primer but we painted instead from a white paint as seen in the first 3 photos. The problem was we used a foam roller first (which worked great for other colors in the house) not so much the red. So then we had to keep hitting the red with additional coats until it started to dry evenly. Reds are a b****, and we were warned when we purchased them, but we are still happy with the color. Never again though will we use a red anywhere else in the house.

we should have used a gray primer but we painted instead from a white paint as seen in the first 3 photos. The problem was we used a foam roller first (which worked great for other colors in the house) not so much the red. So then we had to keep hitting the red with additional coats until it started to dry evenly. Reds are a b****, and we were warned when we purchased them, but we are still happy with the color. Never again though will we use a red anywhere else in the house.

(werd) Reds are the hardest color to paint. But you did a great job, Santos. Kudos to you!

looks good santos!

incase anyone cares, I purchased my first home in December and I'm currently working on it. It was designed by a apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright in the late 50's. I've started a blog to track the progress. Feel free to take a look. UsonianAutomatic.com

Looks good Santos! Yeah, red is tough. I've always done a dark primer coat before painting red (or any other pigment dense color)...cuts down on the topcoats you have to apply.

Looks great with the white accessories in there! :D

DSC04433.JPG

We have something similar...although ours was just over $700 for the table and of course the chairs came seperately...and the damn thing weighs about 400lbs...******* marble is ridiculous though.
We have 6 chairs total (2 of which our kitties have made their marks on).

Whats up with the big expensive dinning room tables in little dinning rooms?
I dont get it.

I have a decent sized dinning room but a really beat to crap furniture set that was a handy me down from my mother-in-law as she wanted something nicer. Too bad my wife thinks its like a family heirloom.

Mudded, sanded and mudded again in the downstairs bike room/storage room. A little light sanding on Wednesday, and I'll be ready to paint. Then I need to figure out flooring, and I'll be ready to start hanging shelves and moving in bikes and tools! :D

Anyone will floor-to-ceiling closet openings? Standard interior door height is 80", and my closet openings are 93". I'm debating whether it's worth it to frame out the top to lower the height to standard or pay the premium for custom doors.

My shower curtain kept falling down so I installed a new curved shower curtain that screwed into the wall. Solid now and won't fall.

0*F start lights. hooked up at the light so they turn on and off with the wall switch.

Attachments

• media3.jpeg
    media3.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 157
Back