What Have You Done To Your House Today?

Check that bumper (on the left lolz)...
engine%20bay.jpg

We added some cool stainless steel solar lights last night...pics later.

Holy crap what a day I've had.

Did everything we had on our list. Took a HUGE load of trash to the dump, got everything out of our storage unit, got all the furniture out of our apartment, brought it all back here and got it all unloaded under the building storm front before the rain hit.

We win.

Things have been moving slowly with my house lately. Electrician came today and I am going to travel to Ikea and look for a kitchen thursday. Not much of a reason to post pics though.

I'll come back later when I have something more interesting to tell

Monday, I took my first day off of the project since we closed. I'm much less sore today than I've been in weeks.

well we got half of the back patio(gonna be 30 feet wide and 10 feet out from the house) poured and i just found the water heater leaking....cold shower in the morning FTL before replacing.....YAY

Paint01.JPG

Bathroom all in white
Paint02.JPG

Girlfriend picked color before I had input.
Paint12.JPG

I can haz spackle.
Paint03.JPG

Pre-living room all white
Paint04.JPG

dark gray living room with ultra bright white for trim
Paint05.JPG

ditto
Paint13.JPG

We changed sofa covers, bought new pillows. Went from red couch and white pillows to this set on sale at kohls.
Paint06.JPG

Light gray for corridor.
Paint07.JPG

Paint08.JPG

Kitchen was all white, and painted blue.
Paint09.JPG

Spencer does not do paint..
Paint10.JPG

Ev got paint on my head.
Paint11.JPG

Ev, becareful with the paint behind you, nevermind.

Last edited:
The colors look great Santos...the lilac is good for a bathroom, since the space is smaller - brightens it up alot...nice work you two!

wow really looks great!!!

Also some fucker drove by my house so fast it woke me up. I heard tire screeching and ran to the window in time to see him drive into some ones house and back out and drive away! No one got hurt but I spent about a hour last night talking to the police and the poor guy that owned the house....... I asked the village for a tree to replace the one knocked over in the easement on our house (who knows how long that will take), but now I am thinking with my tree missing tire marks in my lawn and last night I might need some boulders too.

So where would I find big ass rocks and how much would I expect to pay.

P.S. police found the car and not the driver.

Also some fucker drove by my house so fast it woke me up. I heard tire screeching and ran to the window in time to see him drive into some ones house and back out and drive away! No one got hurt but I spent about a hour last night talking to the police and the poor guy that owned the house....... I asked the village for a tree to replace the one knocked over in the easement on our house (who knows how long that will take), but now I am thinking with my tree missing tire marks in my lawn and last night I might need some boulders too.

thats sucks, how big you looking for, their is a place by my house that sells them. I will check into how much they want.

Most cities have places that have landscaping materials like that. Definitely not a homedepot/lowes type place but a place that specializes in just landscaping rocks...no idea about the cost tho.

We just bought a very large table.
Not just any table. A solid marble top with seating for 8.
We currently only have 2 chairs (because there's only 2 of us now...lol & we couldn't afford $75 for 6 more chairs ATM).
Pics later....it's really nice.

You worry too much Patrick. Might as well live in a bubble. I'll talk to you later about where we can find some boulders, and expect to pay a lot.

well last fall me and my father started the construction of his new deck and pool. its been a long time working on it and it finally drawing to an end
deckpool005.jpg

first step was to remove the old deck and dig out the ground quite a bit this was made easy due to using a tractor
deckpool008.jpg

next we put down the drainage pipe for the pool drain
deckpool010.jpg

then we started framing the main deck to start with
deckpool011.jpg

once that was done we next poured the footers for the deck that was going around the pool and started measuring out where the pool was gonna be
DSC00398.jpg

putting the pool up its self was a project on its own had to lay the liner and get it just right so it wouldn't wrinkle up when it was filled
deckpool015.jpg

we got the main deck done and the pool put together then we started on the roof of the main deck
deckpool018.jpg

main deck and roof it finished minus railings
deckpool016.jpg

built up a barrier wall so dirt wouldn't fall in behind it making it hard build the deck around the pool
deckpool019.jpg

starting the framing of the deck around the pool

thats all so far need to take more picture so far now we got all the joists installed and begun to lay the decking boards on the pool deck

Last edited:
Back