What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Holy crap. $95 on Amazon!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Signature Series II is half that, and beats everything out there too imo, although I understand, still high compared to most. I used to have a show car and be into the underground car scene, so I splurged on car related items, however, I've
yet to even wax my CX-5 though, lol.

I got my Crater Lake license plates!
attachment.php

[Note, I removed the travel permit and copy/pasted an image off the internet over my plate. Mine look nice and new!]

Attachments

• Licence Plate2.jpg
    Licence Plate2.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 655
Added Gorilla wheel lock set for like $15 ...while not as nice/flush as OEM ..
the dealership is way expensive for OEM wheel locks

Also added got my rear windows Tinted by AutoImage Tint in Belmont, CA
I got the LLumar CTX15 because its a bit darker than OEM but not LIMO dark.
20046571_10154531902422511_3495662414569955171_n.jpg20046600_10154531902377511_1239712330230480141_n.jpg

Last edited:
Added Gorilla wheel lock set for like $15 ...while not as nice/flush as OEM ..
the dealership is way expensive for OEM wheel locks

Also added got my rear windows Tinted by AutoImage Tint in Belmont, CA
I got the LLumar CTX15 because its a bit darker than OEM but not LIMO dark.

I took the OEM wheel locks off of my wheels and replaced them with the regular lugs. Anyone interested in buying these things?

I took the OEM wheel locks off of my wheels and replaced them with the regular lugs. Anyone interested in buying these things?

Ha, I hear ya! Couldn't careless about em either. At $55, I made dang sure I didn't pay for them. Wish I had the reg lugs.

New Car!

Hi All,

First time poster... What did I do for my CX-5 today? Well I picked it up from the dealer! Pretty happy with the purchase.

20170713_164412.jpg

Why do older-gen owners throw sh*t on current-gen design?
Is it just happening for Mazda?
I remember when I was driving my 06 sedan and a current-gen pulled up beside me, all I can think of was "nice car".

I remember when I was driving my 06 sedan and a current-gen pulled up beside me, all I can think of was "nice car".

Because the new gen is a different philosophy.

2017 is going for that sophisticated refinement style.

I like my pre-2017 much better because it looks more sporty-ish and definitely more unique with the swoop design on the side and doesn't have all that chrome they added in the 2017 (not a fan). I feel like the 2017 blends in with the herd a little more with these changes.

2017 vs pre-2017 really feel like apple to oranges to me with regard to their design, as a result I like one and don't like the other to much.

That's just me, YMMV.

Edit: If I totalled my 2014 I'd definitely look at a used gen1 before I ever considered a 2017. Their new stylistic direction is just not me and not what I wanted out of my CX-5.

Last edited:
Because the new gen is a different philosophy.

2017 is going for that sophisticated refinement style. Plus it has too much chrome added.

I like my pre-2017 much better because it looks more sporty-ish and definitely more unique with the swoop design on the side. I feel like the 2017 blends in with the heard a little more.

2017 vs pre-2017 really feel like apple to oranges to me with regard to their design, as a result I like one and don't like the other to much.

That's just me, YMMV
Its true this is really a new stepping stone for the CX-5. If you look at the 2012 2013 2014 and so forth they are relatively similar. Once you hit the 2017 its practically a new vehicle with the same name.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about it, I've seen this on the mazda3 forum too, where any new gen comes out there's always some hate. All I can say is I love the first gen mazda cx-5 but love the new ones even more. I guess it really depends on what you're going for. If I wanted a more sporty looking CUV I would have chosen the 2016.5 model as I think that's the best looking one out of the first gens. Coming from the mazda3 I was really excited when they announced that they've quiet down this car because I was really tired of the road/wind noise on that car. The new gen cx-5 just feels more relaxing to drive and very quiet on the highway. It's just more mature and premium looking/feeling, and I'm okay with that. I could have saved some $$$ going with the 2016.5 but I wanted a more quiet car this time around, plus it looks very nice too.

Ha, I hear ya! Couldn't careless about em either. At $55, I made dang sure I didn't pay for them. Wish I had the reg lugs.

The security lugs weren't included in the price that I paid, in fact I didn't even know the car had them till I got home. When I first noticed them I was thinking, 'oh great, where's the 'key' for these things'. The 'key' was in the glove compartment along with the 4 normal lugs. I replaced them when I rotated the wheels for the first time.

Still for sale!

The security lugs weren't included in the price that I paid, in fact I didn't even know the car had them till I got home. When I first noticed them I was thinking, 'oh great, where's the 'key' for these things'. The 'key' was in the glove compartment along with the 4 normal lugs. I replaced them when I rotated the wheels for the first time.

Still for sale!

Gotta keep those people from stealing those sweet vampire fang GT wheels! (lol2)

I like the new CX5, except the front, looking at it from an angle, or side. From the front, it looks great. It is to pointy, that hood lip is sticking out too much.

I like the new CX5, except the front, looking at it from an angle, or side. From the front, it looks great. It is to pointy, that hood lip is sticking out too much.

For me the Headlights are too sleak for the body. The front and the rest of the body dont go well. How the Jaguar looks in proportion with an aggressive front matched with rest of the body - this is where CX5 is a let down. It does not follow through with the sleek body behind to blend well.
Grill is great though.

I maintain that the beauty of the 2017 CX-5 is inside, with all the new features/refinements it has added. I am a big fan of how the 2016 GT models look with the vampire fang wheels :)

Last night I finished up the dynamat. I have done the entire rear hatch and the doors. Some will complain you added 60 lbs of weight. So what you should hear how quiet it is now.

On a side note, I have been in the doors lots doing this slowly. Man do the doors get tons of water in them during a wash. Next time you wash just pop the bottom on one of the rear door panels and feel how wet it is.

Last edited:
Got back from the dealer for oil change, tire rotation, recall, and inspection.

All that was done in a hour. They were super fast.

From the inspection, looks like my rear brakes are wearing out. They wanted to replace the pads, resurface the rotors, and do a brake fluid flush. Anyone recommend a place to get that work done? Their price seemed really high to me, but I am admittedly naive to what it costs. I haven't had to deal with brakes since like...2010???

Dealer Quote:

Brake Job - Rear (Replace Pads/Resurface Rotors) - $223.49
Brake Flush - $109.95

Total: $333.44

Edit: This was a new dealer, not sure if I like 'em or not. Kinda trying different ones since I lost mine.

Last edited:
Got back from the dealer for oil change, tire rotation, recall, and inspection.

All that was done in a hour. They were super fast.

From the inspection, looks like my rear brakes are wearing out. They wanted to replace the pads, resurface the rotors, and do a brake fluid flush. Anyone recommend a place to get that work done? Their price seemed really high to me, but I am admittedly naive to what it costs.

Dealer Quote:

Brake Job - Rear (Replace Pads/Resurface Rotors) - $223.49
Brake Flush - $109.95

Total: $333.44

Edit: This was a new dealer, not sure if I like 'em or not. Kinda trying different ones since I lost mine.
If your dealer did oil change, tire rotation, recall, and inspection all within an hour, I'd double check if everything has done correctly. Check your oil and see if it's fresh and at correct level. What kind of oil did they use?

How many miles do you have needing the new pads on rear? $333.44 for the rear brake job with brake fluid flushed is typical from a dealer. If you know a reputable national chain brake shop such as Brake Plus in our area the cost usually under $100 per axle with aftermarket pads and resurfaced rotor and fluid flush is about $50 additional.

Back