What have you done to your CX-5 today?

So now that I've got my CX-5 back, looking to do some light compound/polishing. Gotta get those swirl marks out.

Tried by hand last night and decided that was for the birds. I think I will need to look for a machine.

So now that I've got my CX-5 back, looking to do some light compound/polishing. Gotta get those swirl marks out.

Tried by hand last night and decided that was for the birds. I think I will need to look for a machine.

Why are you removing swirl marks after having paint work done? That's Service King's job!

No. They fixed the part I wanted them to. The paint is good there.

I am talking in general about the rest of the car. I've had it for 4 years, and I've neglected the paint really.

Thought I might pop over to the Harbor Freight and pick up a dual action polisher.

This is the principal reason I got the CX-5...

vVhYVvg.jpg

You can see the effect of the additional 20% tint in the rear.

Installed OEM all weather mats and cargo liner, Japanese spec rear headrests, and aftermarket cargo net. Still need to do the bumper guard and get the little dent popped, ordered OEM touch up paint for the scratch. Also attempted to use the MyMazda Android app but it seems to be broken and won't let me login with my working MyMazda account. I've got over 1000 on the odometer as of yesterday.

Installed OEM all weather mats and cargo liner, Japanese spec rear headrests, and aftermarket cargo net. Still need to do the bumper guard and get the little dent popped, ordered OEM touch up paint for the scratch. Also attempted to use the MyMazda Android app but it seems to be broken and won't let me login with my working MyMazda account. I've got over 1000 on the odometer as of yesterday.

Also got the mats and cargo liner, was tempted on the cover too...

Where did you get the net and touch up paint? Would like to have the net and paint for standby. Lol

Also got the mats and cargo liner, was tempted on the cover too...

Where did you get the net and touch up paint? Would like to have the net and paint for standby. Lol

Amazon for both. The cover is as awesome as people say, well designed and well made. Definitely the best one I've ever seen on any vehicle.

Super fun addendum to today... I got to use my car horn for the first time when someone ran a red in front of me, and I was transporting a cat at the time which pissed itself in terror. The new rubber mats saved it from being worse but now I need to clean piss off one of them.

Sideload the app. Just search mymazda apk. On google and download from one of the links. My lg g6 has nougat on it and always shower incompatible on the play store.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Engine oil + both xFer Cases Oil + AFT 4QTs oil. Good stuff. One down, one to go....

Amazon for both. The cover is as awesome as people say, well designed and well made. Definitely the best one I've ever seen on any vehicle.

Super fun addendum to today... I got to use my car horn for the first time when someone ran a red in front of me, and I was transporting a cat at the time which pissed itself in terror. The new rubber mats saved it from being worse but now I need to clean piss off one of them.

How about the JDM rear headrests? I'll probably replace the ones in my CX-17, to improve visibility out the back.

How about the JDM rear headrests? I'll probably replace the ones in my CX-17, to improve visibility out the back.

Japanparts.com - they improve visibility significantly, I am very happy with them. I haven't actually sat back there yet so maybe they are less comfortable, but whatever.

Polished up the car and waxed it. Lookin' good!

Drove on a dirt road yesterday so need to wash it after work today heh!

I accidentally got some polish on the black trim, but a magic eraser took care of that.

Japanparts.com - they improve visibility significantly, I am very happy with them. I haven't actually sat back there yet so maybe they are less comfortable, but whatever.

Thanks :) I probably won't ever sit back there, and my 8yo won't reach that height for awhile, so it's all about visibility.

Interesting pricing strategy: one for @10.79 or 2 for $41.10!
Omg. Didn't notice that. Wth?
That's not the exact one I have but you have to get something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is the principal reason I got the CX-5...

vVhYVvg.jpg

You can see the effect of the additional 20% tint in the rear.

This is the right car. I kind of snicker at guys with coupes that have baby seats in them....give it up bro! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Installed the soft cargo liner

Ytpic72.jpg

For reference, the rubber cargo liner does fit on top of it as well.

vqbJJA7.jpg

https://driveautoproducts.com/products/car-seat-protector

I have this one. Works great, price is right, and it arrived in 1 day...you can get it on eBay for $15 shipped.

Last edited:
Back