What have you done to your CX-5 today?

All weather mats
Kid's car seat installed
Soft cargo liner
Scotchguard interior
Install license plates
Think about bumper stickers

Getting rid of that corny chrome line and re-coating my emblem while I'm at it.

Priming.
IV71Uuq.jpg

Deleted. Figured out how to add attachment by replying to myself.

Last edited:
A lot of good things happening in here.

Thoughts on this? Not sure if I should call the dealer to have it checked, cut it off or just stuff it behind the dash. Only thinking of calling the dealer as I am not sure if its part of the windshield seal. If its for sound deadening I will simply stuff it back behind the dash.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
20160912_192634.jpg

^ haha I had it in the exact and I mean exact same spot. When I installed my tweeters I just cut it but for some odd reason it seems to have slightly returned....creepy

View attachment 215009

It's not a seal, it's a self-adhesive foam strip that is applied to the lower rear edge of the dash to stop potential rattles or squeaks against the windscreen. It runs the entire width of the dash so the small length that has torn on you will not cause any issues. I would push it back down rather than cut it though, if something small or thin rolls off the dash towards the windscreen, it could stop it falling behind and allow you to hook it back up.

^ haha I had it in the exact and I mean exact same spot. When I installed my tweeters I just cut it but for some odd reason it seems to have slightly returned....creepy

Very strange. I wonder if they cut it in the same spot on the line? Creepy indeed that it's "growing" back. lol

It's not a seal, it's a self-adhesive foam strip that is applied to the lower rear edge of the dash to stop potential rattles or squeaks against the windscreen. It runs the entire width of the dash so the small length that has torn on you will not cause any issues. I would push it back down rather than cut it though, if something small or thin rolls off the dash towards the windscreen, it could stop it falling behind and allow you to hook it back up.

Thank you for confirming. I'll be stuffing it back down into place tonight.

If the bumper is off its just 3 screws and some clips. Might be able to get it off by taking the panel above the horns off but not sure

Decided to do some interior LED light conversions tonight. Much brighter and cost very little for them from Amazon.
I am happy with the results and only took all of 5 min to do.

Small things :)

Last edited:
Aries all weather floor mats... I had the weathertech ones in my other cars. These look much nicer. Hope they hold up.

svM0KMUl.jpg

4xkj6ZBl.jpg

1Un018ol.jpg

Back