What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Washed it and added 20mm abd 25mm spacers

449848579eb82784204394d4f8f87010.jpg

e33a58fb8a85d5f7625f620c14c5472a.jpg

e8d78c56d478b598c895b40a309a095c.jpg

CX5_QC, glad to see you finally got those spacers on, they definitely help with the stance of the car!

What else have you done, or are thinking of doing?

G2 caliper paint is the best. Unless you're going to disassemble and powder coat

Next up on my list of mods was footwell illumination! I'd read about the rubbish official CX-5 red led fittings, so I decided to try the white LED version instead (as used in the CX-3, part numbers below). My car had the illuminated sill plates already so installation was incredibly easy.

IMG_0312_zpsksddzan3.jpg

The LED bulbs and connectors, this is what's included in the kit I bought. Cars without sill plates will need a kit that includes a wiring loom to go to the body control module in the back of the car.

IMG_0316_zpse0f6omce.jpg

IMG_0318_zpsuxo3obwh.jpg

A 29mm hole drilled in each kick plate and the LED fitted, then the connection is made using the harness shown above to join the LEDs to the sill plate wiring

IMG_0328_zpsyjawrmoa.jpg

IMG_0329_zpsmqfjzume.jpg

IMG_0335_zpsouoctmom.jpg

IMG_0336_zpsvn6lyjkg.jpg

They're quite subtle but still light up the footwells nicely (along with all the dirt on the carpets!) and are warm white to match the OEM incandescent bulbs so aren't a perfect match for my cool white interior bulbs.

Part numbers:
CX-3 White LED welcome illumination (bulbs and connectors only, for cars with illuminated sill plates) C851-V7-057, along with the extension kit C830-V7-700 for connection to the sill wiring. If your car doesn't have sill plates you'll need a kit including a harness and fuse to connect to the BCM.
Now I'll need some nice aluminium pedals to go with the lights!

^^^ That looks really good! I toyed with the idea of adding some single Surface mount LED's (SMD) my self. I just wish someone could find a wire to tap into that didn't require running a harness to the back of the car. There has got to be something under the dash that gets 12v when the doors open.

^^^ That looks really good! I toyed with the idea of adding some single Surface mount LED's (SMD) my self. I just wish someone could find a wire to tap into that didn't require running a harness to the back of the car. There has got to be something under the dash that gets 12v when the doors open.
I haven't looked for it, but the dome light comes on when the door is opened. There must be a relay for that.

Back