What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Definitely use the anti rattle bracket. With the original one, there is a sloppy connection and the detector bounces(with sound as well) like crazy.

Thank you. I'll look at my gt2016 in the am, but I think I would have to do something differently because of the mirror layout and rain sensor setup. I would like to try to conceal it a little more from LEO as well.

In my experience cops just don't care about detectors. There is nothing illegal about their use, actually, some cops will respect you more for taking counter-measures.

In my experience cops just don't care about detectors. There is nothing illegal about their use, actually, some cops will respect you more for taking counter-measures.

They are illegal in Virginia and DC, and most states don't allow it in commercial vehicles.
And as for officers respecting you more.................................ummmm, no.
I am an officer, and fortunately I don't have to deal with traffic enforcement very often. But the guys who do laughed when I told them your comment.
If an officer told you that, it must have been sarcasm. Did he say something like "Yeah buddy, I really respect guys who go above and beyond to try and break a law meant to keep people safe and cut down on crash fatalities. And I'm sure the fact you were speeding with a radar detector won't come up in any way at your vehicular manslaughter trial."
(hi)

Anyhoo...
Things I've done to my CX5. Curt class 3 trailer hitch, curt bike rack, oem mudflaps, weather tech mats, one replaced windshield, one dent removed, and one touch up paint for a chip in my door. People in NJ have little or no regard to the car next to them in a parking lot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I updated my Navigation maps using the Mazda toolbox. The download actually corrupted the Mazda SD card rendering it useless. Fortunately I was able to restore a previous iteration to a Sandisk SD card, and then re-download the update. Gotta keep a spare on hand from here on out.

A couple of days ago, I finally installed the 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring LED Taillights (complete set), on my 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring. Plug-N-Play!!!

Perfect fitment since they are OEM. I purchased the complete setup from QuirkParts.com for $641.16 (plus $46.62) to ship the set to my home in California. I took advantage of the additional 10% Black Friday discount off their already low wholesale prices on OEM Mazda parts. Glad I did this.

Also received my Beatrush front and rear lower bars. I probably will not have time to install them until after the New Year. The Beatrush strut tower bar is also scheduled to be delivered sometime in January 2016. Perhaps I will install all (3) one of those weekends next month.

Last edited:
A couple of days ago, I finally installed the 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring LED Taillights (complete set), on my 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring. Plug-N-Play!!!

Perfect fitment since they are OEM. I purchased the complete setup from QuirkParts.com for $641.16 (plus $46.62) to ship the set to my home in California. I took advantage of the additional 10% Black Friday discount off their already low wholesale prices on OEM Mazda parts. Glad I did this.

Also received my Beatrush front and rear lower bars. I probably will not have time to install them until after the New Year. The Beatrush strut tower bar is also scheduled to be delivered sometime in January 2016. Perhaps I will install all (3) one of those weekends next month.

Nice. You can install those without a lift if you like. However you do it, you need to place a jack under the control arm near the bolts you will be removing (More so for the rear). Even if the car is on the ground there is too much tension on the bolts. Power tools should not be needed.

I felt the force awaken...
02b059365ae49fd75157302df7070ea8.jpg

...sent...

Going to be changing my oil soon so went ahead and drilled my extra oil pan and added the turbo oil return. I will have a cap on it until it's ready to be plumbed. 5qt of water, still under the inlet. Also I will be checking for any build up around my drain valve since some people expressed concern about how far the threads go into the pan.

P1dafp4.jpg

I fell in love with my CX-5 again today. I went on a trip for the last week and the rental was a Mazda 2. What a POS.

How do you change the background picture on the infotainment screen? I searched wallpaper, background pics, etc. (generally in the forum and in the audio section), looked in the online manual...no dice. Thanks in advance for the help and happy holidays to all.

How do you change the background picture on the infotainment screen? I searched wallpaper, background pics, etc. (generally in the forum and in the audio section), looked in the online manual...no dice. Thanks in advance for the help and happy holidays to all.

I think I found it...looks like a script upload that, while others have done successfully, I'm not brave enough to attempt.

Script upload was actually very easy to do. Just make sure to start with a freshly formated flash drive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back