What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Came home from work and I was using mostly the paddle shifters. They are very cool feature to have.
If you keep it in D and just shift(after rolling only) it goes into the gear you have selected, but after that, you can just not change it any more and goes back automatically into D. This time it shows DM3 or which gear you have selected. If you flip over into M then it shows only the M3. Here, you have to change the gears, no help from the gearbox.
I have started from a stop light and revd it all the way up, to 6k RPM at each gear change. I have left everybody, really behind and I have reached 60 in a 3/4 block(ops, did not notice the speed).

Time for a tune

Had my buddy apply some some wrap to protect the top of the rear bumper. I don't like the factory option. also tinted the reflectors on the bumper.

Had to take our '16 GT in today to check out a serious creaking/knocking noise in the right front dash/underhood area that developed on our way back from Las Vegas yesterday. Dealer checked front suspension and subframe and cowl and re-torqued all the mounting bolts. Seems to have narrowed it down the the wiper area cowling bolts and re-torqued them as well. Problem solved, hopefully not to return.

Also did the multipoint inspection and air pressure check while they had it. Even did a nice job washing the road trip grime and cleaning up the interior.

Warranty, no charge. :)

Last edited:
After 24.5K miles, I cleaned and detailed the engine. I used Gunk Foamy Engine Cleaner and followed up with CD-2 Engine Detailer.

No oil leaks or gunk...just a bit dusty. I separately cleaned the engine cover and waxed the blue paint. :)

JBR front sway bar with billet brackets came in today. matches my c/s rear.
xXqoauG.jpg

Nice Chris. Do they sell them with those brackets? Mine still did not ship yet, I'm getting frustrated.

Nice Chris. Do they sell them with those brackets? Mine still did not ship yet, I'm getting frustrated.

Really... that's odd. It's been a month? Jbr charges a premium for the bracket. Not sure how it compares with cs pricing. Jbrs sway bar rear is for fwd only.

I have got it for $226 shipped which is a good price. I also had 11 points which are included.
Now the new shipping date is 11/21, from 10/6(!).

Busted a tail light, so I decided to order the full set of "Spyder LED" tail lights (same ones that Chris_Top_Her has). I really like the look of them on his. Sorry for copying the look, but I don't plan on driving to San Antonio so we won't have that awkward "same-dress-to-the-party moment" (2thumbs)

Busted a tail light, so I decided to order the full set of "Spyder LED" tail lights (same ones that Chris_Top_Her has). I really like the look of them on his. Sorry for copying the look, but I don't plan on driving to San Antonio so we won't have that awkward "same-dress-to-the-party moment" (2thumbs)
lol. who says that's a bad thing?
aF0IEGO.jpg

Back