What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Took her on a 1,000 mile road trip up the coast. Took off the CX-5 as well.

IMG_20150407_122440297_HDR.jpg

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Took her on a 1,000 mile road trip up the coast. Took off the CX-5 as well.

IMG_20150407_122440297_HDR.jpg

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Nice! I'm hoping to sell my '01 Civic today and make the CX5 my new vehicle in the next week or so. Really, really excited.

Finally I have lowered my car. It took me three hours. Did not rush.
The ride, is soft and where are imperfections on the street, like waviness, the car tends to follow very well and it became bouncier then before, but I like it.
In my opinion, I'm at a height of a regular sedan.
Did not install the lateral link at this time, but soon.
I'm starting to move, so that becomes priority.
attachment.php
That looks great man btw you lowered on HR or Corksport?

Spring Cleaning

1st handwash after the winter season revealed a gazillion specks of rusting rail and brake dust in the clearcoat.

It took over 3 hours claying with Riccardo (yellow) and Optimum No Rinse as lube to get rid of it. My back is killing me, I'm putting Iron-X on my shopping list for the next detailing session.

Washed again with Optimum No Rinse and applied 1 coat of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Finished with one coat of Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and applied Autoglym tire dressing. Looks like new!

7xzEOin.jpg

1st handwash after the winter season revealed a gazillion specks of rusting rail and brake dust in the clearcoat.

It took over 3 hours claying with Riccardo (yellow) and Optimum No Rinse as lube to get rid of it. My back is killing me, I'm putting Iron-X on my shopping list for the next detailing session.

Washed again with Optimum No Rinse and applied 1 coat of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Finished with one coat of Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and applied Autoglym tire dressing. Looks like new!

7xzEOin.jpg

Very nice!!

Hope you're not planning on driving too much during that time. You're liable to end up with some noticeable inner tire wear as your toe has got to be significantly out with that much drop.

Hope you're not planning on driving too much during that time. You're liable to end up with some noticeable inner tire wear as your toe has got to be significantly out with that much drop.

You are correct. My toe was out of spec after the initial install while the camber was good. Since they've settled, I've noticed some camber issues on the back two wheels. I have an appointment tomorrow to have the alignment corrected again.

tbh the camber wear everyone is so worried about is not even an issue. over 40k on my current tires, dropped and only one is recently in the "yellow". And I drive my cx-5 harder, and can rotate it more than most here, 100%. I am interested in the arms though; if they work out and you want to make some $. Also I recommend toyo proxes supposedly they are designed with cambered setups in mind; I dont know how true that is but seems right to me. They have good grip too, for wot turns and hard turns.

Last edited:
You are correct. My toe was out of spec after the initial install while the camber was good. Since they've settled, I've noticed some camber issues on the back two wheels. I have an appointment tomorrow to have the alignment corrected again.
What do you hope to have "corrected" with an alignment recheck? I don't know whether you're on H&R or Cork Sport springs, but either way your camber is not adjustable and some amount of inside tire wear is unavoidable. It's just a matter of degree (pardon the pun!), regardless of what some here would have you believe. I'm assuming the "camber issues" you've noticed on the rears have something to do with the fact that you can actually see the top of the tire tipping inwards when you vied the car from the rear?

Well I don't know about the stock tires. They are skinny and some people have reported replacing them after only 30k. I wouldn't expect them to perform well under such conditions. Imo the car looks ridiculous lowered with the stock wheels (tires) anyways.

saw two new murano driving today. pretty much looks like a fairy car.. in pretty much all of the multiple meanings of that word

Finally I have lowered my car. It took me three hours. Did not rush.
The ride, is soft and where are imperfections on the street, like waviness, the car tends to follow very well and it became bouncier then before, but I like it.
In my opinion, I'm at a height of a regular sedan

Very good Tibimakai......it seems to be a little lower than my car (Eibach Pro Kit) -2,5

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429265410.558009.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429265428.374274.jpg

The Eibach Pro Kit on the CX

The bounce on the rear is very short and directly still after several bumps in the road........perfect !

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

Last edited:
Back