What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Have a Curt Class III hitch and wiring harness en route. I hope to be able to say the same about myself soon.

Have a Curt Class III hitch and wiring harness en route. I hope to be able to say the same about myself soon.

Are you going to be towing any trailers? CX-5 does nice!! I'm not towing any big trailers but you can't even tell this one is back there.

e36910bb2b7877d1a42f8936d2f563a8.jpg

Towing a trailer is why I'm getting the hitch. Won't be anything too big of course, maybe the occasional motorcycle or some household goods.

Forgot earlier, any of you regulars know the hatch opening measurements (the usable opening that you can actually fit something through)? I need to figure out if I'm going to be able to transport the hood for my RX-7 inside when I get home.

Towing a trailer is why I'm getting the hitch. Won't be anything too big of course, maybe the occasional motorcycle or some household goods.

Forgot earlier, any of you regulars know the hatch opening measurements (the usable opening that you can actually fit something through)? I need to figure out if I'm going to be able to transport the hood for my RX-7 inside when I get home.

You won't be able to tell it is back there... I've had a 800lb quad back there in trailer and it was barely noticeable. If I remember tomorrow I will measure myself if no one responds to you.

Installed the Kenwood DNN991HD this weekend. Need to route the HDMI cable to the armrest and also the USB cable. The latest, I will have to hook it up, to the stock port.

First oil change finally got done yesterday, at 5,050 miles. Mazda oil with moly and OEM filter, done by my ex-mechanic boyfriend :D Roof rack is next, hopefully this weekend.

I don't have the precise dimensions but I can tell you I was able to fit a stack of 3'x5' cement board sheets for a tile job I was doing and they fit flat on the cargo floor and the hatch closed without having to adjust the front seats forward. I have the front seats adjusted to fit my 6'-04" self.

I don't have the precise dimensions but I can tell you I was able to fit a stack of 3'x5' cement board sheets for a tile job I was doing and they fit flat on the cargo floor and the hatch closed without having to adjust the front seats forward. I have the front seats adjusted to fit my 6'-04" self.

Thanks for that info, but I suspect you loaded it with the 3' side across? The hood is 55" X 41". I suspect I may be able to get it in diagonally but not 100% sure how much the interior plastics will cause an issue. I'm home in another day so I can figure something out.

Thanks for that info, but I suspect you loaded it with the 3' side across? The hood is 55" X 41". I suspect I may be able to get it in diagonally but not 100% sure how much the interior plastics will cause an issue. I'm home in another day so I can figure something out.

Yes. At 41" I think it will be necessary to prop it up diagonally (but it will probably fit flat if supported above the wheel wells). And the 55" length will be no problem front to back.

Replacing the fog lights with driving lights(projectors).
I had modified the factory bracket to fit this projector.
Made some spacers and a small bracket to have the factory orientation.
Placed a rubber gasket, to cover the diameter difference between the factory fog and the new projector.
Next, I need to find a place, to install the HID ballasts somewhere.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150213_073854.jpg
    20150213_073854.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 939
  • 20150213_073918.jpg
    20150213_073918.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 911
  • 20150213_074021.jpg
    20150213_074021.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 909
  • 20150213_074006.jpg
    20150213_074006.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 913
  • 20150213_074220.jpg
    20150213_074220.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 944
Last edited:
Measured the hatch opening, approximately 48" on the diagonal. The interior is pretty irregular though so I'm going to make a template of the hood and make sure it will fit.

A1ABHIX

First post - first Mazda, too, although my girlfriend drives an '07 3GT. Took off the ski racks today, put on the kayak saddles, and hit Flathead lake for two hours of glorious paddling. Crazy February in Montana.

On my previous vehicle, an '07 VW GTI, I purchased additional tow hooks and left them installed front and rear to tie down the bow and stern of the kayaks for longer highway trips. I'd like to the same on the CX-5, but can't seem to find aftermarket hooks to supplement the one in the cargo area. Replacement plastic covers galore, but no hooks. Can someone suggest a link to a good source for accessories like this? Thanks for helping the newb!

(Image doesn't seem to have loaded - I assume you just drop in a imgur link? Apparently I need advice on this also?)

Last edited:
I know that feeling. What this is a proactive replacement or was old one leaking? That was New Years Day for me this year to replace one at my cabin. It was in the back of my Explorer though.

Amazingly enough given our hard water, it wasn't leaking. The pilot light wouldn't stay lit. Since it was 14 years old, and things have a habit of failing right after I go back to work I decided it was better just to go ahead and replace it. Cold water inlet was choked right down, we should now have a ton of hot water compared to how things were.

A1ABHIX

(Image doesn't seem to have loaded - I assume you just drop in a imgur link? Apparently I need advice on this also?)

If you are viewing this on a mobile device, I use Tapatalk app to load pics from phone or tablet. But, if are on a PC, I use Photobucket.

Back