What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yesterday I mounted my new winter tires (Falken HS449 225/55/19 99V), the eBay DRL leds and the 5000k Xenovision HIDs kit.
I'm pretty satisfied but one of the Xenon lamps looks yellowish and I'm going to ask a new one to the producer (www.xenovision.it).
When it will be all ok I will post some pics.

Last edited:
Installed an envelope-type vertical cargo net, paralleling the rear seatbacks. $16 Chinese eBay net and included hardware plus $.60 worth of 5/32" x 7/8" fender washers from Ace Hardware. Net quality was better than I expected. Came with four hooks, just remove the top hooks, loop the cords and secure the loops with a small zip tie. Used three washers under each top attachment point to spread the load.

Heres the net listing. Some pics attached below.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 313
Yesterday I replaced the OEM mats with an italian weather mats kit I found on the net.
Weathertechs are, in my opinion, a little bit too "aestethically invasive" (and expensive) while Mazda's ones too poor.
These ones seem a right compromise. I especially like the red stitches (borders and stitches colors are customizable online) that resemble those on the seats.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got my CX-5 two weeks ago traded up from a merc, What a great car it is got the se-l lux nav (150) 3.5 grand cheaper than the sports and its got all I need now that I have fitted a blue spark tuning box for 200 its now got 188 bhp and more than enough torques to pull a church down, and 2.7 miles more on a gal of fuel (god is it fast) also must admit that the head lights dipped and main are piss poor after the merc so have now fitted new bulbs (Osram night breaker unlimited) for 52 off of amazon and now I can see where I have been what a difference they are turns night in to day, I am well pleased the car is fantastic and its even in the best colour Stormy Blue Mica.

offcamber, I'm looking into buying a wind fairing myself. I've seen cars that have the fairing extended to cover each roof rail. Is there a huge difference in not having both rails covered ?

Sorry, for the late response but I've been out of town. I just set them on the roof to see what they would look like then removed them for the trip. I've been looking for fairings myself. The 44" one touches both rails and would probably rub. If I replace it, I'm looking at the 38" so it fits between the rails and sits on the roof like there suppose to. Just haven't done enough research yet or seen any pics. Hope that helps.

Put on my winter set up. Mazda 6 wheels wrapped in Blizzak DM-V1 snows.
IMG_1261_zps78a9c035.jpg

Mocked up Focus RS bonnet vent install, have to take big leap of faith when measuring before cutting hehehe

Could you provide more info about the hood strut install and from where did you get it from?

Installed two Polk Audio DXI350 speakers in the dash. Got them, when they were on sale from crutchfield for $24.99 shipped. Anybody wants the original ones for $30?. I have just cut the connectors and soldered new longer wires and used heat shrink tubes. They sound much louder and cleaner. I can say that now I can hear highs.

Last edited:
Been a big day , Full ECU remap tune FARK what a difference, it was perky before buy wholy shizl this is a rocket ship for a diesel SUV, had it lowered on H&R's , Wheel protectors ( alloygators ) installed , first few bits of the bodykit I order from japan arrived so I test fitted, dropped parts off to painter too, gonna be mean looking beast.
Fully out cash now or a while but end result will be awesome.

Been a big day , Full ECU remap tune FARK what a difference, it was perky before buy wholy shizl this is a rocket ship for a diesel SUV, had it lowered on H&R's , Wheel protectors ( alloygators ) installed , first few bits of the bodykit I order from japan arrived so I test fitted, dropped parts off to painter too, gonna be mean looking beast.

Awesome, what kit did you get? I really like the Knight Sports kit but shipping is insane. Please post pics when you can!

Nice, post pics! Also, did you order form ratuken? or autostyle?

Dealt with Andy at Autostyle USA, he was very detailed and precise and communicated every aspect , Packaging was amazingly well done. Very happy, yes freight was insane over ( 2000USD for just the freight of all the bits ) but since I had bonus a work I figured fug it you only live once..

I got the Topline over fender set, Topline Lower wing, Vallant Top wing and have the Kenstyle EIK front on back order to be shipped in d of JAN

Will post pics once fitted

Dealt with Andy at Autostyle USA, he was very detailed and precise and communicated every aspect , Packaging was amazingly well done. Very happy, yes freight was insane over ( 2000USD for just the freight of all the bits ) but since I had bonus a work I figured fug it you only live once..

I got the Topline over fender set, Topline Lower wing, Vallant Top wing and have the Kenstyle EIK front on back order to be shipped in d of JAN

Will post pics once fitted

Yea I was very interested in the over fender myself, but I wasn't sure how it would look without the matching side trim and front/rear bumper..

OK so I had the same issue initially, but from the outset I wanted a white CX5 and although the black and grey looked better in stock form I knew I would look best with white cx-5 and white fenders, ill get the bottom pieces painted in a speckly black so it matches the factory stuff as best as it can, but I will paint the fenders white to match the car.

I have some pics of the stuff I took at night cello taped to the car hehe but a bit embarrassed to post them up.

Back