What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Got mine rust proofed today. Next two purchases will be the 3d Max Spider Floor mats, and steel rims and winter tires.

Got my cx5 yesterday and asked that my winter tires and rims be installed. Would have prefered to ride around in the 19's for a bit but as you know, winter can creep up very fast up here.

Got my cx5 yesterday and asked that my winter tires and rims be installed. Would have prefered to ride around in the 19's for a bit but as you know, winter can creep up very fast up here.

It does! Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning in Quebec City... I'll get my winters on soon, but even on the all seasons, the AWD felt rock solid on my drive to work.

LED bulb replacement

Replaced the DLR light bulbs with some 30w LED bulbs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 367
Picked up window visors and installed.
Also picked up a can of plasti-dip, planning to paint front and black emblems.

Led reverse lights

Added leds to the reverse lights and extra leds for more lighting in bad weather.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 313
Are those LED's on the license plate always on? If so, you should add some red film over those. Bright white lights constantly shining at drivers behind you is very annoying and can impair their vision.

Only if he drives in reverse the whole way.(cheers2)
I don't think those are reverse triggered. Theya re for use in bad weather so either he has them wired to a fog light maybe. If they are whenever the headlights are on that could be bad lol.

Received my front weathertech mats. Only have someone in the back on very rare occasions so not required there.

I just downloaded a Daria, Cartman and Knight Rider voice pack for the gps.

Got my winter 17x7 black steel wheels and blizzak DM-V1's from tirerack Friday and installed them Saturday. They are shockingly close to the brake calipers all around, about 1/4" clearance. I did not expect that.

It is a bit early to install winter wheels here but they need to be broken in and I won't be driving much the next few weeks anyway.

Got my winter 17x7 black steel wheels and blizzak DM-V1's from tirerack Friday and installed them Saturday. They are shockingly close to the brake calipers all around, about 1/4" clearance. I did not expect that.

It is a bit early to install winter wheels here but they need to be broken in and I won't be driving much the next few weeks anyway.

After installing the aftermarket wheels, do you suggest it is recommended to have wheel spacers?

Just got Thule Crossroad 450 foot pack. So I dropped the rack on to the rails for a look. The fairing is to big need a smaller one. The same rack I used on my Mz5, minus the footbeds.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 329
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
I have installed a Gentex auto dim/compass/Homelink mirror. I had it installed by me in my previous car.

Just got Thule Crossroad 450 foot pack. So I dropped the rack on to the rails for a look. The fairing is to big need a smaller one. The same rack I used on my Mz5, minus the footbeds.

offcamber, I'm looking into buying a wind fairing myself. I've seen cars that have the fairing extended to cover each roof rail. Is there a huge difference in not having both rails covered ?

Back