What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Debadged,just need to figure out if the Mazda emblem is just stuck on like the other badges or if it has pins ,like some of the badges on my Mz3.I have the plastic dip for colouring it,I just don't want to break it.

attachment.php

Debadged,just need to figure out if the Mazda emblem is just stuck on like the other badges or if it has pins ,like some of the badges on my Mz3.I have the plastic dip for colouring it,I just don't want to break it.

attachment.php

Looks good. I believe if it's like the front emblem there will be 3 or 4 tabs holding it in. But, I'm guessing, as I've only done the front. If you don't feel like taking the plastics off the inside of the trunk door to get to it, you can carefully mask off the emblem then plastidip it ($1 clear floor liners @ Dollar store works great to cover the car). Posts some pics when you get it done.

Last edited:
Finished up my hitch wiring install yesterday morning. Pulled the wiring back to the trunk (as I'd previously run it inside the car to the firewall), put it through the existing grommet (I did not need to cut a new hole here, just put some WD40 in the hole and squeezed it through with the rest of the wiring), then ran it along the bottom of the car per the instructions. The only "tricky" part was crossing over the rear suspension/axle as it took me a little while to find a suitable path (I didn't want to do all that work and have the line get caught up in any moving parts). Otherwise, ran it to the battery, installed the fuse, tested everything with a circuit tester and done. I have decided that a lift is on my "wish list", crawling around under the car is bad for my back...(gah)

I'm definitely interested in getting that once I order the CX5. Could you share what will be your cost break down will be (Xpel price & labor)?

I am getting door cups, headlights, and entire front bumper.

All in cash price $525.

I believe the materials alone are $359.

I am getting an LEO price.

I had the front bumper done and I also had the front windows tinted yesterday.
Total cost for material and labor was $535.

I will probably also get the door cups covered, sounds like a good idea.

attachment.php

The rear emblem is held on by double sided sticky tape and there are three(3) locating pins that are near the part that crosses the circle. Two to one side about an inch apart and one on the other side. They don't "clip" in they are just there to ensure proper position when re installing the emblem. Be careful when removing the emblem, if you chemicals at all to remove the sticky stuff it can get between the rear hatch panel and that plastic panel over the license plate and separate he double sided stickey tape in holding that plastic panel on

Wash, clay bar, then sealed with a sealant called Klasse high gloss sealant glaze. 2nd coat tonight, 3rd coat tomorrow night (have to do them 12-24 hours apart). Quite a process! But it's said to last up to 12 months unlike traditional waxes. We shall see (couch). Either way, it's a great arm and shoulder workout!

I get to pick mine up today. Cannot wait for the GT AWD with Tech and Activsense. Blue Reflex. Anyone out there know about a "good" light duty car cover that will fit? I'm in a mild climate, but with a lot of tree and pollen dust around and will need to park outside. Thanks and glad to be a part of the Mazda owners forum.

Removed my 3D mats, splash guards and moon roof deflector in preparations to trade her in.

Going to be purchasing a 2016 GT AWD with Tech and iActive. Woohooo!!!

Last edited:
I just purchased my 2016 CX-5 GT, been great so far but am looking to drop it a few inches any recommendations?

Back