What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yes on the doors, sometimes. All depends how strong I slam the door I guess. šŸ˜‰

100% agree with the card. Have you tried going to a 256 or 512? I hear there's a way to do it.
I guess it's a qurik I have to live with. The doors on the CX-5 need a bit force to close.

As for SD cards, I'm running 256 gb, but that's the maximum capacity on mine.

Ok all done.... got the hardwire kit and finalized the install of the dashcam.

This is the battery saver. I kept it out and accessible so I can adjust the voltage if needed.

View attachment 323103

Here's the fuse box. I used #5 for the constant+ and #11 for the accessory+ (which was an empty slot).

View attachment 323104

Here's a couple of sample (sped up) videos for the AZDome M300S. I need to get a filter to reduce the glare. I wonder if the filter for the U1000 work for this one.

Thanks for sharing your install details. I ordered and installed a Viofo A119 and the HK3 hardwire kit. I probably wonā€™t use the parking mode at all, but the hardwire kit was nice as I canā€™t find the Dongar rear view mirror adapter in stock anywhere.

Iā€™m working on the Kahtec 3rd brake light flasher now. This is the third one Iā€™ve installed and really like them. I opt for the ā€œsmartā€ version that has an 8s delay between brake pedal presses before it blinks again.

Oil/filter change, new wiper blades, waiting on a call to go pick up the wheels with the new tires. Went with General Altimax RT45 since they discontinued the RT43, hoping they are as good as the 43s have been.

Thanks for sharing your install details. I ordered and installed a Viofo A119 and the HK3 hardwire kit. I probably wonā€™t use the parking mode at all, but the hardwire kit was nice as I canā€™t find the Dongar rear view mirror adapter in stock anywhere.

I'm not too familiar with the A119 (but I did came close to buying the version 3 this past weekend). Anyway, if there's an option for the parking mode, do it. I'm glad I did, my truck was hit by a delivery truck at work.

Just curious, anyone install this????

Screenshot_20231025_210104_Amazon Shopping.jpg

While on vacation, I purchased one locally. Can't wait to install it this weekend. I need to get the bumper off.

IMO the front turn signal light are not visible enough for the oncoming vehicle.

View attachment 323338

While on vacation, I purchased one locally. Can't wait to install it this weekend. I need to get the bumper off.

IMO the front turn signal light are not visible enough for the oncoming vehicle.
I can't comment on quality, but I can suggest replacing the stock front turn signal bulbs to LEDs.

With the CX-5, I recommend something like the VLEDS V6 Extreme or the GTR Lighting i-LED. They do cost a bit, but rest assured, they do catch attention.

I have the VLEDS in the front, while the GTRs are in the rear on my Civic.

Last edited:
That I agree with you on Gen-2 CX-5. The front turn signals are hidden at inner side of the headlight assembly with very small area. Worse, they use dual filament ember 7444NA bulb mixed with parking lights which wonā€™t be as distinguishable as dedicated turn signals with on-off-on-off effect. Replacing front turn signals with ā€œswitch-backā€ 7444NA equivalent LEDs helps but it canā€™t solve the poor location and small area problem.

Yep. Had them on the wife's cars for several years now and very happy with them. Just a note... these are designed to butt up to the foglights, so if your car doesn't have them (ours didn't) you'll have to either get foglights too, or fab something to fill-in the gap. I ended up getting cheap aftermarket CX-5 foglights from China (and then a new turn-signal stalk with the switch!) to make it look good. The AliExpress foglights fitted and worked just like factory ones - plug and play with factory wiring - even though I hate using the stupid useless foglights on modern cars, so they stay off (I know, Doh!)

I went with LASFIT amber LED's for both front and rear on our 2014 CX5. They have built-in circuitry to prevent hyper flashing, and are extremely bright. Had them a couple years now. The only issue is that if you sit with the turn signal on for several minutes, they will heat up enough that I guess the resistor circuit is bypassed, and it starts flashing quickly. But that almost never happens.

Went with those since there's no discreet flasher relay to replace, and I didn't want janky resistor boxes inside the trim panels.

Cleaned up some residues on the black trim and wheel well areas. PreWow and BlackWow products. Good stuff.

Same here except it's been 40 years in Northern Illinois.
Not as that lucky. I got pulled over once for no front plate on my 1998 Honda CR-V in Houston 20+ years ago. I talked to the judge showing my plate and he waived the fine but I still had to pay $30 court fee. šŸ˜Ÿ

Not as that lucky. I got pulled over once for no front plate on my 1998 Honda CR-V in Houston 20+ years ago. I talked to the judge showing my plate and he waived the fine but I still had to pay $30 court fee. šŸ˜Ÿ

I did get a written warning for no front plate after parking in a train station parking lot several years ago. I ignored it. o_O

YMMV

View attachment 323338

All doneā€¦ taking out the bumper was not as bad as I thought.

Hereā€™s a couple of pics of the work for those of you planning to do this.

I notched a small opening here so the wire does not get pinched.

image000001.jpeg

image000002.jpeg

I typically use posi-taps but I didnā€™t have any laying around so instead is used these.

IMG_1108.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

I have these laying around, got them from Amazon. Itā€™s the best way of securing the wires.

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

Hereā€™s a pic of it installed

image000000.jpeg

And since I had the bumper off, I installed this. It helps keep the bugs out in there.

image000003.jpeg

image000004.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

Hereā€™s a video of the startup (using the Linkr LTE)

Last edited:
Back