What have you done to your CX-5 today?

OK, here's how bad the wt aw mats fit.....

Drvr frnt...
View attachment 320472View attachment 320474View attachment 320475

Pass front......

View attachment 320476View attachment 320477View attachment 320473

RearView attachment 320478

Cargo....cut slit for latch to pass thru

View attachment 320479View attachment 320480

I am familiar with the liners covering half of dead pedal. Got the daughter a black dead pedal cover so hers had something there. I know some stuff will get past either liner or aw mat but very small bits of nothing really. We b suburbanites so mostly pavement around so these will be just fine for us.

In my truck the dead pedal is plastic so the floor liner not covering whole thing is ok and they also go out over door sill some. Little to nothing to vacuum up and holding up great for being 14yrs old
Thanks for posting pictures on your WeatherTech “all-weather” mats. At least it covers the dead pedal better than the WeatherTech floor liners for the CX-5. Looks like some stuff will get past the mats very easy like you said. Not sure if it’s just the pictures but I really dislike the line pattern on these mats.

You also said you got a black dead pedal cover for your daughter, is it for a CX-5, and where did you get if?

it was for mitsubishi outlander but the pedal cover was not vehicle specific. the dimesions matched and it worked out. the cx-5 dead pedal is more rectangle than the cx-5. should be easier to find something that will work......just searched black dead pedal on ebay and found it.

yeah, guess so....i don't like that start sound at lights and wonder how fast that wears out the starter. i can live with the other. hoping for no issues with cd as some have reported. Not so keen on letting dealership do all maintenance to keep lifetime engine warranty but I guess and hope it'll be OK. definitely will be checking their work. they must build trust......starting with roof rail install tomorrow
cars with the auto stop-start systems use a different type of starting system that's made to handle repeated engine stops and starts. It's not just the normal little solenoid-based starting system that has been used in cars for decades.

cars with the auto stop-start systems use a different type of starting system that's made to handle repeated engine stops and starts. It's not just the normal little solenoid-based starting system that has been used in cars for decades.
Seems to me IIRC that the Mazda I-stop system used some kinda voodoo magic by stopping the cylinders at a certain range of position and then using the starter and combustion to get the engine turning again, not just the starter? That's what's poppin' in my head.

Seems to me IIRC that the Mazda I-stop system used some kinda voodoo magic by stopping the cylinders at a certain range of position and then using the starter and combustion to get the engine turning again, not just the starter? That's what's poppin' in my head.
Yes. But some had been saying that Mazda’s i-stop uses only the compression to re-start the engine without using the starter which is incorrect. i-stop still needs the starter to re-start the engine. Hence i-stop needs special and expensive (~$500) Q-85 battery which is only available at the Mazda dealer.

Yes. But some had been saying that Mazda’s i-stop uses only the compression to re-start the engine without using the starter which is incorrect. i-stop still needs the starter to re-start the engine. Hence i-stop needs special and expensive (~$500) Q-85 battery which is only available at the Mazda dealer.
Yeah, on my CX-50 iStop annoys me, so I bought the module from mikstoreph that disables it. No more annoyance (and a regular battery, when it's time - I hope!)

Yeah, on my CX-50 iStop annoys me, so I bought the module from mikstoreph that disables it. No more annoyance (and a regular battery, when it's time - I hope!)
Did not know Mazda does offer i-stop in US market on the CX-50. Luckily there’s something available to disable it.

Yes, i-stop or idle stop-start system is really annoying. The first time I experienced it was on a rental 2023 Citroën C4 “gas” 1.5L NA during the road trip in Spain several weeks ago when I selected the “ECON” mode. I gave it up as soon as possible even though it may save some gas and the gas price is high there.

Hi Guys,

first time post here. I have exchanged the stock OEM Airfilter Box in my MY21 CX-5 2.5L NA with the Corksport short RAM intake.

Attachments

• 20230703_183555.jpg
    20230703_183555.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 46
Hi Guys,

first time post here. I have exchanged the stock OEM Airfilter Box in my MY21 CX-5 2.5L NA with the Corksport short RAM intake.
A major benefit from it is it’ll be a lot easier to check the ATF level. ;)

Oh, cool, we have atf dipstick? Was looking the other day but didn't spot one. I will look under intake stuff.

oh well, removing a bolt to see is better than no way to check at all like on some vehicles. Thanks for the info........

I haven't posted here in forever, back in the very earliest days of the CX-5. Glad to see that the model has become a very popular one.

That said... what did I do with my CX-5 today?

Nothing, I sold it on Sunday!

After 10 years she still purred like a kitten and shone like a brand new dime, but it was time for me to move on.

I've stayed with Mazda though and bought a '23 3 hatch with an MT, great car wanted one since the '19 redesign.

I haven't posted here in forever, back in the very earliest days of the CX-5. Glad to see that the model has become a very popular one.

That said... what did I do with my CX-5 today?

Nothing, I sold it on Sunday!

After 10 years she still purred like a kitten and shone like a brand new dime, but it was time for me to move on.

I've stayed with Mazda though and bought a '23 3 hatch with an MT, great car wanted one since the '19 redesign.
Your story sounds similar to mine. I too had a MY '13 which I sold in early '19 to get into something smaller. In my case it was one of the last '18 Mazda 3 hatches (I waited til the new model came out and decided I liked the Gen 3 better). And now, a month ago, my wife purchased a '23 CX-5, which I have to say is a lot more refined (if bulkier!) than my first one.

I have stayed with Mazda for 20yrs with the ancestor of your new car. A manual version of the new 3 hatch could pry me away from it tho. Got the wife in a new Mazda so mine can wait some more. It still purrs and the paint is as shiny as the new one. Here is a shot of your car's grandpa...

4FAF07F4-3B67-4EAA-A704-6DF50D41E230.jpeg

OK, with coffee and checkin the car out admiring the much better lines than the newer rav4s and being glad we chose this......it has come to my attention that there is a considerable gap between the back of infotainment screen and the dash. Anyone else notice this? makes me wanna stuff a small strip of rubber in it....like small round soft weather strip that would flatten out when pushed in gap and be flush.
20230714_094254.jpg

.....if that is for heat dissipation then no.

Discuss.....

Last edited:
Back