What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yeah, that is the big difference. Wax is still cheap and I think multiple coats of wax do a better job of protection than a single pass of ceramic coating. No data either way but just believe that to be the case!

Personally, on our new CX-9, I got the clear bra on the entire front and ceramic coated the whole car with the 10 year stuff. Makes the car look very shiny and liquidy.

Wax and ceramic coating aren*t even comparable in this day and age, except for they both work at protecting and shining paint...Ceramic coating and a good Carnauba wax are great and either is an effective product to protect the car, so overall, go with the one most suitable to you...Only thing more protective is the PPF, and then folks ceramic coat over it too...Imagine that.

Yes, the CQUartz at $50 is highly worth it, but so is a rather expensive wax like Pinnacle to me...

Last edited:
Lightweight pulley and poly trans mount came in
50767718_10161252207715487_91003291781038080_o.jpg

Wax and ceramic coating aren*t even comparable in this day and age, except for they both work at protecting and shining paint...Ceramic coating and a good Carnauba wax are great and either is an effective product to protect the car, so overall, go with the one most suitable to you...Only thing more protective is the PPF, and then folks ceramic coat over it too...Imagine that.

Yes, the CQUartz at $50 is highly worth it, but so is a rather expensive wax like Pinnacle to me...

Yeah I think people do that for the additional UV protection and the hydrophobic qualities that ceramics offer.

A good carnauba is also worth it. I believe waxes are still king when it comes to creating depth in your paint and making it look the best that it can.

Yeah I think people do that for the additional UV protection and the hydrophobic qualities that ceramics offer.

A good carnauba is also worth it. I believe waxes are still king when it comes to creating depth in your paint and making it look the best that it can.

I agree.

Got new shoes...also posted more pics in "wheels".

Attachments

• thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 178
  • thumbnail (13).jpg
    thumbnail (13).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 184
I hate bras. Had one on a car a long time ago. A water and dirt collector and more s*** to deal with when washing it. Yours looks like a tight fit, so that's good. Hope it holds up for ya.

I agree about dirt trap, but I'm a clean freak and have waxed, waxed and waxed... I do keep it off around town. It's the racewa..I mean highway where it comes in handy.

I hate bras. Had one on a car a long time ago. A water and dirt collector and more s*** to deal with when washing it. Yours looks like a tight fit, so that's good. Hope it holds up for ya.

"I hate bras"
- 7eregrine Jan 2019

Installed Corksport poly trans mount. Entirety from a performance interest, but turns out the oem was starting to rip.
50529084_10161255710355487_1905062877631348736_o.jpg

50465258_10161255726600487_7893216366021312512_o.jpg

Received and nstalled an inexpensive pair of hood lift struts ordered here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Unfortunately for those with minimal mechanical experience, no installation instructions were included nor were they available on Amazon's website.
Having installed a different and far more expensive set of struts on my previous '17 CX-5, I had no problem referring to the pictures on Amazon's site to install these.
You'll need 12mm and 14mm sockets or wrenches to install the hardware.
The brackets attached to the hood aren't exactly as shown on Amazon's site, but my pictures should help if you order and receive a similar set.
I particularly appreciated the strap that holds the nut on the underside of the fender during installation of that pivot.
The previous set required me to hot-glue the nut to a bent tool in order to hold it in place and get the threads started.

In summary; this strut set works perfectly and is an outstanding value for the money if you can use merely the pictures as an installation guide.

Nice! Do they install using the car's existing bolts? Or is drilling required?

Replaced my low-beam H11 halogen bulbs with some Philips Vision Plus bulbs. Overall very happy with the improvement from the dimming factory halogens.

Nice! Do they install using the car's existing bolts? Or is drilling required?
Yes, no modification required for either of their mounts.

Translation for noobs like me?

130k miles, polyurethane transmission mount. (Attatches trans to chassis, 1 of 3 motor mounts). It's much more solid. Less weight shift during cornering (espespecially when on/off throttle), less buck when wot shifting, and acceleration at all speeds is more direct. Very worthwhile.

Last edited:
Looking to get Corksport to put out a poly passenger motor mount for third gens. They already have 2 of the 3. Need more input on their product suggestion page https://corksport.com/product-ideas.html key benefits are less weight shifting when cornering, less engine movement during power delivery, thus more tire grip and better power delivery to wheels price for this type of item is around $250

Looking to get Corksport to put out a poly passenger motor mount for third gens. They already have 2 of the 3. Need more input on their product suggestion page https://corksport.com/product-ideas.html key benefits are less weight shifting when cornering, less engine movement during power delivery, thus more tire grip and better power delivery to wheels price for this type of item is around $250
Youre forgetting another benefit chris. Enables your stock seat to unlock vibrator-massager mode.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back