What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Side mirror shadow. I doubt washing will fix it

You def killed it ...

2qbsm7n.jpg

It was a bad pic. Nothing on the car .

Good point. I guess I like to find excuses to use tools :)

A leaf blower is great to quickly dry off in between doors/hatch, the front grille, 4 rims and tires, water behind side mirrors, water stuck in the shark fin, water in the windshield cowl/wipers, rear emblems, tail lights, brake lights, rear bottom red reflectors, rear badges, rear camera, and license plates = aprox 10 minutes.

Fair enough :)

Since the site was down for most of my Saturday, couldn't post it then (now Sunday here).

Did my monthly check - fluid levels, lights etc

Not so much today as yesterday.

Fitted new EBC discs and EBC Ultimax pads to the front.
Painted all the calipers.
Fitted a dash cam.
Fitted a CB for our road trip to Austria in 2 weeks time :)

Check out this reading. It was on Friday, after 4 PM.
I don't believe the reading, because the highest it was 116F.
attachment.php

Check out this reading. It was on Friday, after 4 PM.
I don't believe the reading, because the highest it was 116F.
attachment.php
Yeah strangely our outside temperature sensor is mounted right in front of radiator / AC condenser. So whenever the engine is hot and vehicle is not moving, the reading would be easily to get affected to much higher number.

But 116F in LA? It's hard to believe!

Actually, his objective was the end parking spot to minimize his risk of acquiring a door ding. Been doing that for 50+ years myself!

Me too! Well.... Not for 50 years, that's twice my age, so I imagine you're older again to have bn driving for 50+ years. Lol.
But I do park on end spots whenever available, and also park as far to the end side as possible. Works fairly well in reducing dings. I also generally park next to nicer cars/higher end cars that look well kept, usually those people are more careful, hahaha.

Not 'today' as such but over the weekend - a 14-hour epic detailing session!
My first time using a coating (Gyeon CanCoat) as well as CarPro Essence, both great products with a slight learning curve.

41476138990_c46eefcde6_b.jpg

41476138150_49d8999653_b.jpg

Not 'today' as such but over the weekend - a 14-hour epic detailing session!
My first time using a coating (Gyeon CanCoat) as well as CarPro Essence, both great products with a slight learning curve.

41476138990_c46eefcde6_b.jpg

41476138150_49d8999653_b.jpg

Ooooh! Shinny!!!! Looks great.

Wrapped the cheesy dash trim pieces and the center console/shifter surround with CF Vinyl. Got rid of that finger print/scratch magnet of glossy black plastic. Next up is both sets of front and rear doors.
rqeGjGL.jpg

5hMEH4R.jpg

Nf4W5cK.jpg

Ordered some tires. This board convinced me to try the General Altimax RT43 tires. Nobody has them locally so will have to wait a while.

Didn't want to spend a whole lot, so seemed like the way to go.

Latest posts

Back