What have you done to your CX-5 today?

How bright is that warm light compare to the OEM? To be honest, the OEM on my CX 2018 seems really bright, heck my wife wants me to change it to dimmer ones but I wanted bright LED ones. So shes uses the lighs from the sun visor instead -_-.

I like warm light. Always felt my internal lights were too dim. May have to give those a try.

xJKQxP6Zq1_-n72x7J6oUDwcDbJ85rUzyJwgK56LgyWbP6DP1U6epjc-dyWrwCC5mZVlfPTATDjGOVIrKmXodR9C26RPOtlKHcTIIS1-M-kMS4akfBji-ibLUBkop5NIVxYbBDtJfg=w618-h348-no

Noticed this after car wash. Seems I need to call dealer about it. 🤔 Water seeping in the headlights.

removed a screw and patched a hole with a slime kit and rubber cement on one of my slicks

xJKQxP6Zq1_-n72x7J6oUDwcDbJ85rUzyJwgK56LgyWbP6DP1U6epjc-dyWrwCC5mZVlfPTATDjGOVIrKmXodR9C26RPOtlKHcTIIS1-M-kMS4akfBji-ibLUBkop5NIVxYbBDtJfg=w618-h348-no

Noticed this after car wash. Seems I need to call dealer about it. 🤔 Water seeping in the headlights.
Just went through a bouch of TSBs last week for the last-chance warranty service of my 2016 CX-5. Car went in last Thursday and just received phone call today says the car is ready to pick up. We got a 2017 CX-5 FWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package as a loaner and wife is not in the hurry to get our CX-5 back. ;)

Among those TSBs, I remember there's one just for your headlight situation. You may need to mention the TSB when you have a chance to go to your Mazda dealer for warranty service.

How bright is that warm light compare to the OEM? To be honest, the OEM on my CX 2018 seems really bright, heck my wife wants me to change it to dimmer ones but I wanted bright LED ones. So shes uses the lighs from the sun visor instead -_-.
Hard to really say because it's been awhile since I had the incendescents in. I want to say they aren't as bright. I can't for sure though. WARM definitely describes it. Not harsh at all.
Do recommend.
Direct link: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/de3175-led-bulb-4-led-festoon-30mm-car/231/

Last edited:
Just went through a bouch of TSBs last week for the last-chance warranty service of my 2016 CX-5. Car went in last Thursday and just received phone call today says the car is ready to pick up. We got a 2017 CX-5 FWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package as a loaner and wife is not in the hurry to get our CX-5 back. ;)

Among those TSBs, I remember there's one just for your headlight situation. You may need to mention the TSB when you have a chance to go to your Mazda dealer for warranty service.
Supposed to pick up my CX-5 this morning. But after I spotted several screw-ups on warranty service done by supposedly a senior certified Mazda mechanic, especially he stated on the invoice that my CX-5 already has "updated" rear calipers hence rejected the job I requested replacing them based on a TSB on Electrical Parking Brake, I was really not happy about it and raised the issue to their head master mechanic. He agreed the certified mechanic made a mistake by saying that, and he promised me he'll check the rear calipers in person if I'm willing to leave the car there. I agreed. And just received a phone call from service advisor Victor that the head master mechanic Perry did find some minimum dragging evidence and he had ordered 2 new revised rear calipers、disk pads、and rotors. This's almost confirmed my thinking that all older version rear calipers will eventually have problems, hence Mazda redesigned the rear caliper to really correct the problem instead of patching it.

Now my CX-5 won't be ready until Monday, 5 more days to enjoy my 2017 CX-5 loaner!

Supposed to pick up my CX-5 this morning. But after I spotted several screw-ups on warranty service done by supposedly a senior certified Mazda mechanic, especially he stated on the invoice that my CX-5 already has "updated" rear calipers hence rejected the job I requested replacing them based on a TSB on Electrical Parking Brake, I was really not happy about it and raised the issue to their head master mechanic. He agreed the certified mechanic made a mistake by saying that, and he promised me he'll check the rear calipers in person if I'm willing to leave the car there. I agreed. And just received a phone call from service advisor Victor that the head master mechanic Perry did find some minimum dragging evidence and he had ordered 2 new revised rear calipers、disk pads、and rotors. This's almost confirmed my thinking that all older version rear calipers will eventually have problems, hence Mazda redesigned the rear caliper to really correct the problem instead of patching it.

Now my CX-5 won't be ready until Monday, 5 more days to enjoy my 2017 CX-5 loaner!

What's the TSB number for this? I looked and couldn't find it.

TIA

Hard to really say because it's been awhile since I had the incendescents in. I want to say they aren't as bright. I can't for sure though. WARM definitely describes it. Not harsh at all.
Do recommend.
Direct link: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/de3175-led-bulb-4-led-festoon-30mm-car/231/

Seems like you've done this bulb replacement thing a few times, are all the bulbs on the interior the same 30mm size? I want to switch them all with the cool white to match up to the exterior LEDs. It seems like most sources say the 2017 and the 2016 have the same interior bulbs, but no one knows what size the things are apparently (or don't want to share for fear you won't buy their $150 kit, lol).

Last edited:
Seems like you've done this bulb replacement thing a few times, are all the bulbs on the interior the same 30mm size? I want to switch them all with the cool white to match up to the exterior LEDs. It seems like most sources say the 2017 and the 2016 have the same interior bulbs, but no one knows what size the things are apparently (or don't want to share for fear you won't buy their $150 kit, lol).
Yes, same size.

What's the TSB number for this? I looked and couldn't find it.

TIA
My dealer performed 3 recalls and 4 TSBs:

TSB R052/16C - EPB and rear brake dragging, in process of fixing it with revised rear calipers.
TSB 09-012/17 - Noise from front door panel when playing audio system, both Bose 9 woofers with adapter replaced with revised version.
TSB ? - A-pillar trim cover wrapped, both sides replaced with revised version.
TSB ? - LED DRLs failed, both LED headlights replaced with revised J version.

My dealer performed 3 recalls and 4 TSBs:

TSB R052/16C - EPB and rear brake dragging, in process of fixing it with revised rear calipers.
TSB 09-012/17 - Noise from front door panel when playing audio system, both Bose 9” woofers with adapter replaced with revised version.
TSB ? - A-pillar trim cover wrapped, both sides replaced with revised version.
TSB ? - LED DRLs failed, both LED headlights replaced with revised “J” version.

Did you have any symptoms with regards to the rear brake dragging?

Also, TSBs aren't restricted to only when the car is under warranty, right?

I think the difference is just that you can still get the work done, but you are probably paying for it out of warranty.

I think the difference is just that you can still get the work done, but you are probably paying for it out of warranty.

I think it actually depends on the TSB. Some have specific limitations like certain model years or mileage, on top of warranty. As an example, I had an 08 Lexus IS250 that had a TSB for carbon build-up. It only applied to certain model years, and would only be actioned if the car was showing symptoms. Mine had no issues, but a lot of ClubLexus forum members who had reported this issue were out of warranty, and were still being taken care of to some degree.

I also had a recall for the water pump. The only limitation was the model year, so regardless of mileage or how long I waited to have the recall done, they would have had to do it. My car wasn't under any warranty at the time, but all I did was take it to a local Lexus dealer (I had never been there before), and they checked their records to see if the recall had been done to my car. Since it hadn't, they booked me in for service. Didn't have to pay a cent.

Last edited:
I think it actually depends on the TSB. Some have specific limitations like certain model years or mileage. As an example, I had an 08 Lexus IS250 that had a recall for the water pump. The only limitation was the model year, so regardless of mileage or how long I waited to have the recall done, they would have had to do it. My car wasn't under any warranty at the time, but all I did was take it to a local Lexus dealer (I had never been there before), and they checked their records to see if the recall had been done to my car. Since it hadn't, they booked me in for service. Didn't have to pay a cent.

This is a good point, and also recalls.

No, I personally don't feel any dragging whenever I have a chance driving the CX-5 (wife's DD). We don't use automatic-release feature at all on EPB either (hate the Auto Hold Mode EPB featured on 2017 CX-5 loaner). Originally I didn't put too much hope on it getting revised rear calipers although I really wanted to after I read the TSB. The first tech didn't approve the replacement, but he also stated I already have revised rear calipers! I use that talked to head of master mechanic and he agreed to take rear wheels off and check any sign of unbalanced wear on left and right pads in person. He did find some, and agreed to replace everything. He also said he personally has done this TSB on several 2016 CX-5's.

No, recalls will be performed for free even without warranty, but TSBs can only be performed for free under warranty. That's why I went through all TSBs I could find before I took our CX-5 in for last-chance new-car warranty service.

BTW, I really regret to get liftgate lifters replaced under the recall, although I did have a chance to decline. The revised ones are too strong and stiff to my taste. and the liftgate is a bit lower when open. The revised upper brackets attached to lifters look big and ugly too.

Back