What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I bought some new Bosch Icons. My old ones wore out, I tried to go cheapo route and bought some Michelin blades at Walmart. Big mistake and they were useless, streaking water and making horrible noise.

Bought a new pair of Bosch Icons and the windshield is happy again :)

Xwedge.... those look great! Where did you find/get them? How much? How long did you wait?

Finally received my low profile headrests.

attachment.php

Xwedge.... those look great! Where did you find/get them? How much? How long did you wait?

Thanks! I really like that I have a better view out of the rear view mirror.

I picked those up on https://www.japanparts.com/ and shipping took around 3 weeks. After the yen conversion and expedidated shipping, they were around $163 for a pair.

Here's the link: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/40731 I believe these only fit 2016 Sport/Touring. You can try searching for other headrests with the below part numbers if you have a different year/version.

I pulled these part numbers from an older post: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...US-spec-CX-5&p=6445107&viewfull=1#post6445107
2013~2015:
KD49-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 34 - Sand GT Leather with Sand Stitching

2016~?:
K070-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Black Stitching
K072-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Black Stitching
K073-88-240 39 - Parchment GT Leather with Parchment Stitching

Last edited:
Put new wipers on mine, too. Got really annoyed with the OEM ones the other day. I've done the Bosch on my last car, wanted to try something different this time. Pleased so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

One snow storm with the OEM blades right after I bought the CX-5, and I ripped them off the car. Talk about ice buildup and streaking water across the windshield and not clearing other parts.

Curious to see how those blades hold up, let us know! (thumb)

Car wash. I also installed my 407 ETR transpomder and my dashcam. How-To posted for the dashcam in the How-To section.

IskiE

Seriously the only thing I’ve done to my engines to keep them clean is use a trim application on the black plastic which is becoming more and more prevalent each year. Clean what you can while you perform a oil change or wash and wax the car. It takes just a few minutes and makes everything else look great. Be careful of any spills etc and clean them as you go.

I’ve never power washed or steam cleaned a engine. The service people have made several remarks how clean our vehicles are even when they are almost twenty years old.

If someone has no experience whatsoever in cleaning engines, I would watch someone do it. A pressure washer can cause quite a bit of damage if one is not careful.

Sorry if I caused confusion by saying a steam cleaner is like a pressure washer. It's like it in the sense that it uses water and it "sprays" the steam. It uses heat rather than high pressure.

Chris, what happened to the alternator? How many miles do you have?

98500mi, not sure. Won't charge the battery. No noise I could find, might be a bad voltage regulator. Started intermittent then completely went over 2 day span. Hopefully it's not a wiring issue. Driving my moms beetle in the meantime.

98500mi, not sure. Won't charge the battery. No noise I could find, might be a bad voltage regulator. Started intermittent then completely went over 2 day span. Hopefully it's not a wiring issue. Driving my moms beetle in the meantime.

Regulator or a bad relay. Hopefully they can track it down rather than throw parts at it.

Is there any indicator on the cx-5 that shows an under-charge condition? Or is the symptom just a dead battery?

Back