What have you done to your CX-5 today?

well, I bought one. So I guess that's something. :)
I believe the correct terminology is:
I drove my CX-5 home from the dealer today. LOL

Now time to mod.
I finally got LEDs for all the interior lights & license plate lights.
$80 well spent. $40 for the P13W DRLs lights.
So ~$40 if just doing interior & LP lights.
I took out the brake LED bulbs I put in bc I would not make a good connection & bought Silverstars.
Since the bulb is slanted inside the housing, the light doesn't reflect as well.

Plasti Dipped my rims as well. Straight up Matte Black, 6 coats. I then did the handles too

1zb47x1.jpg

A few days later, I prepped her for the 9 hour drive by putting a car bra on and using a black protective spray (can be washed off easily with water) on the side mirrors.

23syhw2.jpg

Used it to bring a broken 40 gallon water heater to a metal recycling facility. It fit with plenty of room to spare. Front seat only had to move up an inch or two.

IMG_20130820_164735_898_zpsd99f9130.jpg

Received the Chinese rear scuff plate protectors today. I used extra double sided tape before fitting them. They should stay attached.

Still swapping old stuff from other vehicles (like the rear Civic mat in the photo), so today I put the memphis sub from my nissan rustbody 'er hardbody truck (that i am beginning to restore this fall) in the CX5 and it fits snug under the rear cover bar thingy. Now I have to mount the old 250w RF amp under my seat and run some cables. I hope it thumps as well as it did in my truck.

qdoa.jpg

oh good, you're one of those people that bother me with their vibrating cars at stop lights and under my balcony. lol.

How do you plastidip the symbols? Do you do them while they are on the car? How does it last?

I have one in white and I really like the look of black symbols......

Well, I have taped off newspaper across the back of my car now.....I sure hope this crap peels off like it is supposed to because it is pretty freaky spraying it on your cars paint..........

This plasti dip is pretty cool stuff. I am digging what I did today, thanks for sparking the idea Ryan!

I just realized I shouldnt show the back without editing my plate.....It looks awesome, take my word for it, hahaha. I may even do the exhaust.

I just realized I shouldnt show the back without editing my plate.
Not to get off topic, but I've never understood why people edit out the plate number. It is readily visible by hundreds of people on the street everyday, so what is it going to hurt to show it on the internet? Just curious what people think the danger is.

Not to get off topic, but I've never understood why people edit out the plate number. It is readily visible by hundreds of people on the street everyday, so what is it going to hurt to show it on the internet? Just curious what people think the danger is.

My guess is to preserve a little anonymity online. Granted it isn't easy for everyone to cross-reference a plate to a name but it can be done.

I also wonder how easy it would be to make a convincing looking printout of a plate if someone happens to really anger me online and they also have a white CX5. Then I go park illegally, blow through a few bridge tolls etc.
Saw a thing on TV once where a guy with his favorite sports team on his personalized plate matched the letters on the fake plates the team sold and other fans would put those plates on the front of their cars and he'd get parking tickets from places he'd never been.

Well, I have taped off newspaper across the back of my car now.....I sure hope this crap peels off like it is supposed to because it is pretty freaky spraying it on your cars paint..........

Thats what I did. It worked pretty well. It sometimes sticks to the newspaper so cut around the symbols with a thin knife after you are done.

This plasti dip is pretty cool stuff. I am digging what I did today, thanks for sparking the idea Ryan!

I just realized I shouldnt show the back without editing my plate.....It looks awesome, take my word for it, hahaha. I may even do the exhaust.

Looks great on the white!

Back