What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Washed and waxed it.

2mcvo5u.jpg
Once you go black....You realize every other color looks off because of the black trim around the wheels and across the bottom. Hehehe 😋

What the hell is ceramic coating? Sounds.....Fragile.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Once you go black....You realize every other color looks off because of the black trim around the wheels and across the bottom. Hehehe [emoji39]

What the hell is ceramic coating? Sounds.....Fragile.

2f5cf7c90949699819b6ec46ab7c281f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Ok, now my curiosity is piqued. After further research. Lol. Closest place that does it near me is 2 hours away. How much was it? Recommend?

Anybody out get ceramic coat done?

You would love the place here that does it, they do EVERY single car at the BMW Performance Center. People come from 500 miles+ away to get it done. I plan to go by and price quote a few pieces, along with the ceramic window tint.

They use XPel products...

XPEL is clearbra right?

Opticoat is a paint sealant, not a film

Opti-Coat Pro Plus Delivers More Gloss & Greater Protection!

The Opti-Coat Pro Plus Ceramic Paint Protection package now delivers even more gloss and slickness than ever before, while still maintaining the same chemical structure that has made it renowned as the ultimate protective paint coating.

The advanced formulation not only delivers amazing gloss and protection, it also provides increased anti water spotting and hydrophobic properties to maintain the perfect finish in the long term.

Opti-Coat Pro Plus is an enhanced 2 step version of Opti-Coat Pro. The first step, Opti-Coat Pro, is a ceramic clear coating with superior resistance to scratching, chemical etching, fading due to UV and provides outstanding release properties. Opti-Coat Pro Plus adds great gloss and slickness for a fantastic shine and long term paint protection with a 7 year warranty.

See your nearest approved Opti-Coat dealer to protect and enhance your vehicle today!

Ok, now my curiosity is piqued. After further research. Lol. Closest place that does it near me is 2 hours away. How much was it? Recommend?

Literally everyone I know personally that has a M-Car has done it.

I'm debating having the Mazda done...

Literally everyone I know personally that has a M-Car has done it.

I'm debating having the Mazda done...

If you take the BMW Performance Center delivery here, they will include the coating from the company I listed and have her ready to go. A lot opt for this, and it's the best time to do it also because the paint has to be pristine to apply...

I talked about ceramic coating and the benefits in comparison to regular professional detailing with the car preparater of my trust a month ago and will let him do it in late summer. He highly recommend it for every car.
Usually you can calculate double to three times the price of a professional detailing outside. It takes a few hours around half day and needs various chemicals and polisher how I understood.
I anyways highly trust this guy since a while so if he suggests me to do so and a few others of our group also did it, then I will put some money by side every month till late summer and then have it done for next winter.

Cheers 101

Last edited:
I talked about ceramic coating and the benefits in comparison to regular professional detailing with the car preparater of my trust a month ago and will let him do it in late summer. He highly recommend it for every car.

Cheers 101
I'm sure he did. It ain't cheap, and makes the installer a pretty penny...

Back