What have you done to your CX-5 today?

My daughter loves to 'drive' my 2.2D (150bhp)

IGKurVU.jpg

Does mean a comprehensive check of the settings before driving off though

New kicks! Drag DR-70. 18x8. Falken 225/60-18. Fit perfectly flush.
68fdd0a705c9320b3161c22837c0700c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed a screw that was limiting my PSI to about 30. O slime kit patched it. I might go have it patched inside/out at discount tire but I'm going to be buying new wheels/tyres very soon..

Last edited:
New kicks! Drag DR-70. 18x8. Falken 225/60-18. Fit perfectly flush.
68fdd0a705c9320b3161c22837c0700c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I was going to get some TSWs with a directional design, but I decided agains tit because if you have to replace on wheel to have to make sure you (still) get the correct direction. And I usually buy 5 wheels and tires.

My daughter loves to 'drive' my 2.2D (150bhp)

Does mean a comprehensive check of the settings before driving off though

Cars and Toddlers are a combination.
Other day I honked at a guy missing a green arrow-
my toddler: Who honked.
Wife: Daddy did
toddler: Please honk again, again again.

lololol

My daughter taught me a thing or two about my laptop that i had no idea it did that thing. Guess will let her explore CX5 more.

Installed aftermarket fogs with a 55w led kit on my 16.5 sport. Waiting for it to get dark to snap a pic.

After several attempts, I finally was able to complete the procedure to turn of the DRL's :) I also ordered as set of phillips Vision 921 LED's for the reverse lights.

I had the Infotainment frame replaced under warranty after noticing the bubbling in the seams that others have talked about. The replacement is much nicer than what was original. At 34k+, I just slipped under the wire.

Gave her a good old two bucket wash today. It was 74 deg F here in Charlotte today, and no, that's not normal for middle February

What'd I do today for my week-old CX-5? I DIDN'T drive my old and incontinent mother-in-law up a muddy mountain road in the rain. We took the old Forester instead. :D

Gave her a good old two bucket wash today. It was 74 deg F here in Charlotte today, and no, that's not normal for middle February

Sweet! I'm looking forward to finally being able to do the two bucket wash and then wax on our new CX-5! The weather hasn't cooperated enough around here yet.

Got my first oil change done. Had some conversations with the service dept

They said - if you switch your maintenance schedule based on oil quality - sometimes it suggests changing oil after 12k miles and they have seen engines have to be replaced.
I asked what would they suggest - said every 5000 miles

Asked about Mazda moly oil - they said Mazda has tie up with Castrol and they use that. They dont stock moly oil.

Funny.. what do you guys think? Also I think i have read here a lot of positives for the Mazda oil - is it ok if i use that on my 2nd service possibly at 12K miles? Should i continue with Castrol synthetic?

Also funny thing is all service reps had dirty filters on their desk and I saw them bring it out very often asking owners about replacing them. The dealer service, i believe is a huge reason for Mazdas low retention rate. I could not believe how tiny the service dept. was (8 cars capacity) after seeing Toyotas at nearby cities have 3 times the size. Also the huge wait times to get a service scheduled had to call 10 days in advance.

Replaced the shifter bulb, which was out for a while, with this LED:
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1085628/00841
Simple process, the whole plastic surrounding the shifter(not the imediate frame), with the rubber pad in front of it comes out in one piece.
Just pry under with a trim removal tool and pull it up. There are two tabs in front of the rubber pad. Pull up and back, over the shifter.
There is Youtube wideo as well.
Getting out the bulb, is the hardest. There is nut much room, to twist the bulb holder. I have used some flat plier for this and it worked.
Pop out the connector, from the connector mount, to make a bit more room.

I have also "played" with a Miracast dongle, which I have picked up used from the bay.
Did not want to sacrifise much, if it won't work.
I'm trying to have wireless Miracast connection with my phone, via my Kenwood DNN991HD.
After fiddling with it for a while, it worked. But maybe the dongle has some issues, because the sound is intrerrupted.
It is pretty cool, to have your phone on the screen, with touch, wirelessly.

Last edited:

They said - if you switch your maintenance schedule based on oil quality - sometimes it suggests changing oil after 12k miles and they have seen engines have to be replaced.

Asked about Mazda moly oil - they said Mazda has tie up with Castrol and they use that. They dont stock moly oil.

Funny.. what do you guys think? Also I think i have read here a lot of positives for the Mazda oil - is it ok if i use that on my 2nd service possibly at 12K miles? Should i continue with Castrol synthetic?

Also funny thing is all service reps had dirty filters on their desk and I saw them bring it out very often asking owners about replacing them. The dealer service, i believe is a huge reason for Mazdas low retention rate. I could not believe how tiny the service dept. was (8 cars capacity) after seeing Toyotas at nearby cities have 3 times the size. Also the huge wait times to get a service scheduled had to call 10 days in advance.
I see this all the time at the dealer for a recall or basic maintenance. They always come out to the customer with a bad filter and ask them if the can change it, of course for an extra cost. The last time I went I got an oil change and asked for the mazda moly oil and without them saying anything to me they put the Castrol Synthetic in.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That is not true! Flexible OCI is up to 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. The "Oil change due" message most likely will be displayed a lot earlier than that and at the lastest at 10,000 miles mark if you had many long trips, long before 12,000 miles your service advisor suggested! Many people had done UOA and Mazda moly oil can easily last way more than 7,500 miles!

You can set your Maintenance Monitor on oil change to "Flexible", but change oil anytime before the reminder coming up. This's what I did, changing oil at 50K, and 56K, with Mazda moly oil at about 40% oil life left. I don't use any dealers for routine maintenance as I found most of them are not trustworthy, I use them only for warranty service.

Car dealer's service department is using bulk Castrol oil for more profit. I bet if you go to parts they'll have Mazda moly ready to sell to you. I'd keep using Mazda moly oil as it has good reputation and fair price. My dealer charges $10 more for oil change with moly, but you have to ask for it otherwise the generic "Preferred Choice" oil would be used:

Town%2BNorth%2BMazda%2BOil-01_20151215.jpg

I was finally able to hand wash our new CX-5 for the first time. A two bucket affair.

Back