What have you done to your CX-5 today?

3-year old Gutter guard sheet used as lower grille was torn. Installed a new Gutter guard sheet to keep the radiator protected.

Can you make a how to on this? Do you happen to know if it will work on US versions?

Simple enough job ... you'll need to find a L/H/D model (vin ) that was delivered with this option, i believe left hand drive & right hand drive have a different mirror the angle of the view is more acute for where the driver sits.so a European delivered might suit your needs.

Sounds great! Love that raspy, menacing sound when you lay into the throttle. Does it drone a lot on the highway, though? I had to have a custom resonator on my old CX7 because it droned so badly on highway trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my oil, installed the 'tow hook' license plate bracket and applied wipe new to the plastics. Idk if the corksport bracket is any different, but mine sticks out past the bumper about 2" which I am not a huge fan of...the wipe new looks fantastic so far. I will see how it holds up and get an after picture of the bumper. My plastics were very light grey before cleaning thoroughly. Lots of left over wax/sun fade.

Well bois, here we have it. Intake and exhaust cams for the 2.5 and 2.p0op.
CPKEvv4.jpg

Changed my oil, installed the 'tow hook' license plate bracket and applied wipe new to the plastics. Idk if the corksport bracket is any different, but mine sticks out past the bumper about 2" which I am not a huge fan of...the wipe new looks fantastic so far. I will see how it holds up and get an after picture of the bumper. My plastics were very light grey before cleaning thoroughly. Lots of left over wax/sun iita/media/License1.jpg.html]
License1.jpg
[/URL]

The cs plate holder is pretty flush.

Washed, touched up paint, debugged and applied wax. Buffing will be tomorrow, along with cleaning the interior.

Adjusted the wheel pressure after changing to winter tires one week ago and now again warmer days. The warmer Temp these days go along with the variation of the pressure in the wheel which leads to a confusion of the control system. No big deal.

Best regards 101

Last edited:
Adjusted the wheel pressure ...The warmer Temp these days go along with the variation of the pressure in the wheel which leads to a confusion of the control system...

I have been keeping an eye on my TPS with exactly this variation in mind. I had all my tires filled with Nitrogen from Costco and have been very happy to not see or hear a blip from the TPS system from 85 degree days of summer, to a few low-mid 40's iv been in so far.

If you do have the option, get Nitrogen in your tires!

How I said. No big deal to go once to the gas station to adjust/reset it for the new season with the new tires.
But I will keep that in mind, if I get the chance I will do. Thanks.

Best regards 101

I have been keeping an eye on my TPS with exactly this variation in mind. I had all my tires filled with Nitrogen from Costco and have been very happy to not see or hear a blip from the TPS system from 85 degree days of summer, to a few low-mid 40's iv been in so far.

I run 78% nitrogen in all my tires...

I pumped up all four road tires from 30 to 39 psi yesterday morning as the temperature had dropped to 41F and it was 87F just on Wednesday! The spare was 42 psi and I pumped it up to 61.5 psi.

Strangely my TPMS warning indicator hasn't got triggered once after all of the tire pressure adjustments I've done even though I have never reset it like the manual said.

Getting nitrogen in tires? I've seen many tests and reports on this and none of them supports nitrogen is good for reducing tire pressure variation due to temperature change. I think nitrogen-fill by Costco is simply a grimmick. :)

I pumped up all four road tires from 30 to 39 psi yesterday morning as the temperature had dropped to 41F and it was 87F just on Wednesday! The spare was 42 psi and I pumped it up to 61.5 psi.

Strangely my TPMS warning indicator hasn't got triggered once after all of the tire pressure adjustments I've done even though I have never reset it like the manual said.

Getting nitrogen in tires? I've seen many tests and reports on this and none of them supports nitrogen is good for reducing tire pressure variation due to temperature change. I think nitrogen-fill by Costco is simply a grimmick. :)

If you adjusted the air pressure evenly in all of your tires the TPMS won't display an error. The system looks at the difference between each tire's pressure and if any one is different from the others, set when the system is reset, then it tells you there is a problem.

As for the Costco nitrogen fill. That's funny stuff. Did they suck ALL of the old filthy (78% nitrogen) air from the tires before filling it with pure nitrogen? My guess is not. And what do you do if your tires need a bit more 'air' to bring them up to the correct pressure? Are you gonna run over to Costco every time?

N2 in tires is great if your tires are on an airplane or a race car, not so much on a daily driver.

YMMV

Have a co-worker who bought a new Hyundia Sonata and her tpms warning light came on. She asked about nitrogen air that came with her tires. I said tire shops may charge like $7 a tire to fill with nitrogen. Say you fill twice a year that would be $56. I told her to invest in a tire inflator that you can plug into you car lighter instead. That way you can check and fill tires with air anytime. I've got a cheapo Slime tire inflator with LED flashlightthat cost me probably $25 or less that I've owned since 2006.

If you adjusted the air pressure evenly in all of your tires the TPMS won't display an error. The system looks at the difference between each tire's pressure and if any one is different from the others, set when the system is reset, then it tells you there is a problem.
Straightly from CX-5 Quick Guide:

"In the following cases, the TPMS must be "initialized" so the system can operate normally.
  • The tire pressure is adjusted (up or down) in one or more tires.
  • A tire rotation is performed.
  • Any tire or wheel is replaced.
  • The vehicle's battery is disconnected, replaced or completely dead.
"

Fully detailed and waxed mine :)

I hate to be THAT guy, but has anyone figured out how to debadge the the 'Skyactiv' off the back of the 2016.5?

That thing is so close to the body of the car, I can even get under it with a credit card. Is it screwed in? Any Advice? Looking for some help

I hate to be THAT guy, but has anyone figured out how to debadge the the 'Skyactiv' off the back of the 2016.5?

That thing is so close to the body of the car, I can even get under it with a credit card. Is it screwed in? Any Advice? Looking for some help

Heat gun and fishing line. Can thumb off any residual glue if left over.

Yup...Like Agro said : Fishing line or floss. Then for the foam adhesive, some goo gone or solvent or roll it off with your finger. Wax it when you get it cleaned off.

attachment.php

Back