What do you do?

bpyle

:
2003 mazda protege dx 5 speed 4-cylinder
Ive got a basic idea on what i wanna do to my mazda protege but just kinda want to get some ideas from you experts on what exactly do you all like to put on your mazda first? (engine wise) What would be your first upgrade to the engine you would select in order?

Mazda's in general respond VERY well to suspension upgrades more than anything else.

As far as the engine is concerned, you will be disappointed with any of the readily available bolt-on accessories. You need to go turbo for any noticeable gains. And to go turbo will require an engine rebuild to be able to handle the boost.

can you give me any ideal base on what suspension upgrades i should be looking into? and what all i would need to do to go turbo in my mazda?
Thank you for your reply.

Well suspension you could go a few different ways you could go with just lowering springs it will ride a little stiffer than stock and lower it no more than 2 inches. There is also another lowering kit from ground control its similar to coilovers Cook over a small with a spring and sleeve design but you will have to modify stock struts and it will not ride smooth then there is coilovers which is over 1000

Tax season is coming. Do what your butt meter desires. Im doing completely upgraded suspension.

I dropped my 00 protege on tein stech springs and stagg struts for way under 500 I don't remember but total was like 390. It's not to stiff and the drop isn't bad unless you really want to slam your protege

Last edited:
Look into picking up used MSP components- specifically the RB sway bars.

Back