What did you pay for your CX-5?

Purchased a 2016.5 cx5 fwd sport. Price of car ended up being $22595. Talked with several dealers over email before going in.
Needed the car in a few weeks and didn't have much time to play the waiting games, only negotiated over the period of 2 days.

TTL plus all other fees wound up with total of $25390 out the door. Seems there was a manufacturer's rebate of $500 that got added to my down payment which was nice.
Taxes:1581
License registration tags: 414
dealer fee: 299

Got 2 year maintence (oil changes/tire rotations)
Cargo cover
Navigation
$50 visa gift card when I pointed out milage was closer to 100 then 10.

Went with mazda leasing of 0.9% over 63 months.

Fun surprise we noticed later is the bluetooth doesn't work with our ios 10 device but does with an ios 9 device. Need to sort this out.

We drove away in a new 2016.5 FWD Touring last Friday, $24700 out the door. That after a $500 rebate for current owners of certain competing makers, and $500 rebate for Mazda standard financing. (We'll pay the loan in full after 90 days so the dealer isn't out of an incentive - adds around $180 to the cost for us.)

Very happy with the deal, and with the car. Fun enough to drive that our poor dog tumbles around in the backseat (need a fix for that). Curt hitch and Yakima bike rack arriving this week, and we'll be all set.

We went in with plans to get a Touring with Moonroof/Bose, but the moonroof isn't all that impressive and harder to find in the FWD. Bose didn't seem all that much better either.

Hello everyone, I'm looking into purchasing a 2016.5 Touring FWD with the Bose/Moonroof package in Meteor Grey Mica. I was quoted a price, here's the breakdown:

Selling price: $27,245
Discount: $1,539
Adjusted price: $25,706
With tax and everything else: $28,152

Is this a good deal or should I haggle for a better price?

Hello everyone, I'm looking into purchasing a 2016.5 Touring FWD with the Bose/Moonroof package in Meteor Grey Mica. I was quoted a price, here's the breakdown:

Selling price: $27,245
Discount: $1,539
Adjusted price: $25,706
With tax and everything else: $28,152

Is this a good deal or should I haggle for a better price?
Since taxes are different I will tell you my car only price: 23911. Same trim as your... Moonroof & Bose with tint, one service and cargo tray. OTD IN TX = 25800

Wow, I guess I have some work to do in terms of the car only price.
You have to understand - for them to sell you a car at that pricepoint is hard, you need to be buying the car that gets them their monthly quota or sales target, or helps them maintain the sales lead in an area. this usually happens at the end of the month.
If you are that lucky one then your discount is dependent on how desperate you are to save or to have the car quickly - since hitting those targets mean they will usually get a good amount of rebate from Mazda.
Like I said - I had a 12.2% off on my car from MSRP, I would like to think its great, but I have heard folks give bad google reviews to dealers because they did not get their friend's 18% off MSRP (smash)

So make a decision on time + price. I wanted a CX-5 in a color and trim in DFW - only 4 were available. I liked my discount. Probably if I wanted to buy again I would be happy with 8% or 9% discount + some features like free service which costs the dealer less but costs me more.

So if you can't get any dealer to go down, and trust me this happened to me till the morning I got the car - try to get some add ons - 2 years service free or 20K miles + Free tire rotation + accessories that cost the dealer $20 or less but will cost you a lot more.

Another thing to note - I did 30% downpayment so that is a factor as well. gl.

16.5 GT AWD, Tech and Sensing. Added luggage cover, cargo mat, all weather mats, bumper protector, wheel locks and clear mask. MSRP $35,354 including D&H and $64 to install film. Paid $32,559 + TTL.

7.9% discount was less than I was hoping, but it was one of two Red/Parchment units in Denver and the other dealer wouldn't budge from ~$34k. Decided I'd rather have my colors than a Dark Blue/Parchment for $500 less (the lowest offer I got among the other 6 dealers with no Red units)

No incentives were available to me other than $500 for Std rate financing - no thanks!

We'll see if October brings any incentives, in which case I'll regret not waiting.

Last edited:
You should have taken the 500 and switched. It would have saved you north of $400 even after refinancing costs.
But overall thats a good deal if like you said color matters! Besides you live in such a beautiful state already - you are going to get back your 32K in experiences alone faster!!

You should have taken the 500 and switched. It would have saved you north of $400 even after refinancing costs.
But overall thats a good deal if like you said color matters! Besides you live in such a beautiful state already - you are going to get back your 32K in experiences alone faster!!

I would have, but my thrifty wife, who handles financial matters, was not game.

Perhaps it would have made sense if we were financing (and refinanced in 90 days at a credit union), but not so much for a cash deal

I would have, but my thrifty wife, who handles financial matters, was not game.

Perhaps it would have made sense if we were financing (and refinanced in 90 days at a credit union), but not so much for a cash deal

No refinance after 90 days needed. There's no early payoff penalty, so you payoff in 90 days, and save about $475 in doing so...anyways, enjoy your new car. Zoom Zoom...

I am getting 30,500 OTD 2016.5GT tech and i active roof rack rails and wheel locks. Tax is3% in NC

32,455 - is the MSRP assuming not a white / Red.
that is a good deal.

Try to get the rear cargo tray as well - do a small down if they are not budging. The cargo tray is really good - it is no slip and your stuff won't roll. Very useful accessory.

I ended up pulling the trigger tonight. 2016.5 GT AWD w/ Tech in Meteor Gray (Black interior).

Add-ons:
  • Cargo Cover
  • Cargo Tray
  • Door Edge Paint Protector Film
  • Metal Licence Plate Frames (2)
  • Valve Stem Caps

Car + Add-ons + Dealer Fees$28,710.99
Trade-In Value$8,500
Amount Financed (after taxes, title, and loan fee)$21,544.68
Monthly payments (60)367.36

Our trade-in was a 2010 Honda Civic sedan with 82,000 miles (almost half of them as a rental car). Things were starting to act up, so I was worried it was about to become a money pit. I had appraised it at about $6,000 for a dealer trade-in using a few online tools, so when they first suggested $8,500, I almost couldn't control my shock. I'm sure they'll have it on the lot tomorrow at $10,500, but I think I got a great on the trade-in.

Beyond that, their original offer started off pretty good, and by the time I got them down to this price, I couldn't even justify haggling any more to myself. It definitely helped it was the last day of the month and the quarter, so they were motivated to hit their numbers. We were the last customers to leave the lot, about 30 minutes after nominal closing time. I do have to go back to get all the add-ons, since the parts department was closed by then.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the deal, and I appreciate everyone contributing to the thread!

Hi jcubed, congratulations on your new car! Will you be able to share which dealer is it? I am pretty close to the chicago area and was looking for one as well. Thanks!

Sure, it was Art Hill Mazda in Merrillville, IN. If you go in, ask for Lauren. If you email, you'll probably work with Brian.

That is a good price , good luck !!! I work at a dealership {not sales } and I know if you come in late in the month and late in the day , you will get a good deal.

Hi guys,
I am new member and interested to buy CX5 with Tech and iActive package. I got quote from one of the Dealer in Massachusetts as below
2016.5 grand touring with tech and iActive (msrp $33425) for $30997 with mazda regular financing and including the destination charge.
can someone give me suggestions on the pricing in MA ? Thanks.

Hi guys,
I am new member and interested to buy CX5 with Tech and iActive package. I got quote from one of the Dealer in Massachusetts as below
2016.5 grand touring with tech and iActive (msrp $33425) for $30997 with mazda regular financing and including the destination charge.
can someone give me suggestions on the pricing in MA ? Thanks.

I have bought same for 30,500 OTD in NC. so there is some more room for negotiation.

I have bought same for 30,500 OTD in NC. so there is some more room for negotiation.

Can you share which dealership you got it from ? Would be even more helpful if you can somehow send me the picture of details.... I can use it to negotiate with dealers in our area.

I'm going to buy a 2016.5 AWD Touring (standard, no extras) and the best price I can get so far is $26,000 flat for a total of $27,800 after taxes etc. (I live in suburban Philadelphia.) I've asked around and this seems like the best price out there - about $700 below invoice.
Should I pull the trigger or wait for the holidays and hope there's an incentive offered? (I'm not a Mazda owner so no loyalty discount and no other discounts available.) Was hoping to get closer to $25K but perhaps am dreaming...

Thanks for any input!

Back