What did you pay for your CX-5?

So I've been trying to research what kind of rebates are out there right now?
googled an atlanta dealer - jim ellis - all the local mfg incentives listed there
recent college grad, military, loyalty
along with the various interest rates

always best to go to the dealer as they may vary by region etc

Got a truecar quote that should be honored for $25,764.

If we use standard rate financing, that's $750, plus we can use the $250 recent grad rebate to bring it down to $24,764.

Got a 2016 Sport FWD auto with Backup Camera (and wheel locks) for $23,011. No loyalty or any other type of discount. Not including dealer fees.

Welp, my truecar dealer had to do a dealer swap to get the car, but in the end we got a Sonic Silver AWD Touring CX5 with the following:
- cargo mat
- all weather floor mats
- roof rack
- cargo tray
- door sill trim plates

With the following pricing:
- $25,764 selling price
- $750 rebate for using dealer financing
- $250 rebate for college graduate
- $599 doc fees
- $1775.41 tax
- $41 title

Total out the door: $27,179.41

2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package

Accessories:

- Roof rails (not crossbars)
- Cargo cover

~ $30,120 selling price
~ $33,083 out the door

I did not qualify for any incentives other than 0.9% financing.

Re: standard rate: I was offered at a different dealership 4.99% to get the $500 off with standard financing. By comparison I qualified for 1.49% financing with my credit union.

2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package

Accessories:

- Roof rails (not crossbars)
- Cargo cover

~ $30,120 selling price
~ $33,083 out the door

I did not qualify for any incentives other than 0.9% financing.

Re: standard rate: I was offered at a different dealership 4.99% to get the $500 off with standard financing. By comparison I qualified for 1.49% financing with my credit union.

Wow 4.99%?? Yet you could still qualify for .9%? What is your credit score if you don't mind me asking?

Wow 4.99%?? Yet you could still qualify for .9%? What is your credit score if you don't mind me asking?

Over the min required for 0.9% I guess (750+?).

I honestly think the dealership that offered me 4.99% didn't want to let go of the vehicle in question (Soul Red on black with Tech and a bunch of accessories (roof rails, bumper guards, rear parking sensors, cargo cover)) for the price under discussion. Either that standard rate or they were going to add $1000 to the price. Given the popularity of the Soul Red color I can understand why they were pushing so hard on price one way or another but it definitely left a bad taste ...

Picked up our Sonic Silver AWD Touring today at Hennessy Mazda in Atlanta. Great group of guys. They honored the TrueCar pricing of $25,764 which I thought was a great deal. We got all weather floor mats, cargo mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, roof rails, and door sills. MSRP with options was $28,180. I was a little surprised at the interest rate, 2.99%, given that I have a 790 credit score and I put down $10k. I'll pay it off in the next month.

$25,764: Sell Price
$1000: Rebates
$599: Dealer Fees
$1775: Tax
$38: Title
$3: State Fees

We did get the $1745 extended warranty for 7 years/100,000 miles, I'm thinking about cancelling it though. Anyway, our OTD price was $27,179 before the warranty.

Last edited:
Got my 2016 white cx5 GT with tech for $27,8XX (adjusted price), with no other addons. OTD was $30,7XX, MSRP was $30,805. Many dealerships in the San Diego and LA area would not try to match/beat an offer I had for $31,800 OTD so I feel I haggled enough.

Which dealership did you get it from?

I know most people are posting 16 prices, but what do you guys think about a used 15 GT with tech package with
16k miles, and Mazda certified for $26500?

I know most people are posting 16 prices, but what do you guys think about a used 15 GT with tech package with

FWD or AWD? Any other options?

I paid $25k for wife's new last year in Dec 2wd. What are they giving cause certified?

I am looking at CX5s with a broker friend of mine. There is a 2015 Grand Touring 2 wheel drive with 16,000 miles available with shipping from Florida (I am in Minnesota) and my friends commision it ends up at $26,300 plus tax and license. How does that sound to experienced shoppers on the forum? Thanks in advance.

Before I bought my 16, I was going to get 15 GT AWD for 26500 with 16500 miles. So I'm thinking that price you have there, could and probably should be lower since you're looking at fwd.

Before I bought my 16, I was going to get 15 GT AWD for 26500 with 16500 miles. So I'm thinking that price you have there, could and probably should be lower since you're looking at fwd.

I just got confirmation that I got it for 26,000. Close enough I guess. Not many used CX5s out there and this one just broken in. Thanks for the input.

Looks like the CX-5s are holding their value. Good for owners.. not so much for those looking for a deal on the used market.

New member here, hopefully new CX-5 owner in the next week or two. Here is what I've been quoted between two dealers who are competing for me, let me know what you guys think:

2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Options/Accessories:
- Tech Package
- Roof Rack, Side Rails

Current Dealer Offer: $30,000 OTD (inclusive of $880 destination fee and $348 in local DMV fees) if I do the 0.9% APR financing.

I do not not quality for the $750 leasing loyalty, $500 owner loyalty, $500 military or $250 recent graduate rebates.

Back