What did you pay for your CX-5?

I just got my CX-5 GT with Tech and i-Activesense. I used the Costco program and the total discount off of MSRP was $3,158. The discount included a $500 Mfg to customer rebate. Without the rebate the Costco discount was $2,658 off of MSRP. I don't like to haggle and I'm very pleased with the Costco buying program. The Costco program also includes a coupon for 50% off accessories (max. of $200 discount for executive members).

I just got my CX-5 GT with Tech and i-Activesense. I used the Costco program and the total discount off of MSRP was $3,158. The discount included a $500 Mfg to customer rebate. Without the rebate the Costco discount was $2,658 off of MSRP. I don't like to haggle and I'm very pleased with the Costco buying program. The Costco program also includes a coupon for 50% off accessories (max. of $200 discount for executive members).

I also used the Costco program as well. Well worth the price of membership.

Just bought 2016 AWD CX 5 GT black with parchment. Used Costco auto buying and paid $30,047 (price included only $500 owner loyal). Msrp $32,230. This car has tech package and bumper guard and roof rack rails.

Unfortunately, Mazda is choosing to make more profit per vehicle rather than adjust prices downward due to the very strong US Dollar over the past 5 years. Our dollar has appreciated very significantly vs. every other major currency. I guess when they make a car that combines reliability with fun and practicality Mazda gains the ability to increase profit margins without affecting sales. Last time I checked they were making them as fast as production capacity allows and were still capacity constrained.

When the CX-5 was released in 2012 $1 USD could buy 80 Japanese Yen. Now, $1 USD can buy 120 Yen, 50% more:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=JPY&view=5Y

Does anyone know if the Chase Customer $500 discount is still ongoing right now? In emails, one dealer said no, while another said yes. I'd like to make sure before I go in. The Chase website link is no longer there. I'm in Rochester NY. Thank you!

Do you know if the Costco program pricing is national or dealer specific? And where to get the 50% off accessories coupon? I'm also a Costco member. Thanks!

Seems like most these prices are for GT - anyone bought a sport or regular touring recently?

Yes, I bought a 16' Sport with factory roof rails and foglights for $22,496, which included all dealer fees.

I did buy it out of state, so I have to pay my state & local sales tax locally.

Do you know if the Costco program pricing is national or dealer specific? And where to get the 50% off accessories coupon? I'm also a Costco member. Thanks!

I have no clue to both of your questions. To get the 50% off coupon you have to answer a few questions on a customer satisfaction survey. I completed the survey but I have no clue how the coupon gets to me (by email, snail mail, or other means) It's been a week since I completed the survey and nothing yet. The survey only comes to you via email a few days AFTER the purchase of your vehicle.

I paid invoice and was eligible for Mazda loyalty bonus. No hassle, as good a price as I was able to find.

I believe it is dealer specific

Here in Nevada, it varies by dealer and Brand!

Does anyone know if the Chase Customer $500 discount is still ongoing right now? In emails, one dealer said no, while another said yes. I'd like to make sure before I go in. The Chase website link is no longer there. I'm in Rochester NY. Thank you!

Anyone can confirm either way? I'm trying to close the deal tomorrow.

Yes, I bought a 16' Sport with factory roof rails and foglights for $22,496, which included all dealer fees.

I did buy it out of state, so I have to pay my state & local sales tax locally.

Manual or auto? Nevermind, I see on your signature MT6. Thanks!

Last edited:
Last week I bought the 2016 Touring AWD model in Soul Red color with no additional options for 26k + tax + title + doc fees. Msrp was 27,645. I didn't qualify for any incentives like military, existing mazda owner, grad student or chase customer discounts.

Chase customer discount expired

Anyone can confirm either way? I'm trying to close the deal tomorrow.

Chase customer discount expired in June. No luck there.

Got GT AWD w/ tech and a few add-ons for about $2300 off MSRP before TTL. Couldn't remove all-weather mat or wheel locks from the car. Rear bumper guard is already applied. $75 doc fee is also piled on. So overall $2000 off MSRP with some unwanted options. On the bright side, it just came off the truck and I was the first one to drive it. Can't wait to pick her up ^-^

Got my 2016 white cx5 GT with tech for $27,8XX (adjusted price), with no other addons. OTD was $30,7XX, MSRP was $30,805. Many dealerships in the San Diego and LA area would not try to match/beat an offer I had for $31,800 OTD so I feel I haggled enough.

Last edited:
Last week I bought the 2016 Touring AWD model in Soul Red color with no additional options for 26k + tax + title + doc fees. Msrp was 27,645. I didn't qualify for any incentives like military, existing mazda owner, grad student or chase customer discounts.

That's a pretty good deal!

I've gotten an offer for a silver AWD with roof rack for $26,499 and $27,120 so far and waiting for another one. Not exactly the deal I thought we could get considering it's end of month and end of quarter.

So I've been trying to research what kind of rebates are out there right now?
$500 if you go with standard rate financing (anyone know what their current rate is?)
$250 for being a recent college graduate
$500 for being a current Chase customer?

I was actually told on the phone that it's $750 for standard financing, but he may have been mistaken.

Back