What did you pay for your CX-5?

We purchased our 2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech in March and have not seen any "Regional Adjustment" on window sticker nor mentioned by the sales person. As AWD is rare in Texas and we special ordered ours with no additional mark up either.

Howdy Yrwei52,

Thanks so much for the Information, that's great to hear and I'd
love to know what your thoughts are on the AWD after you've
run it for a while. Good to know also on ordering it, as I'd
not seen very many at any of our Local Dealers.

Thanks again !!!

Take Care,

CK

Howdy All,

Just curious if any others have seen this, when I used Edmunds.com for pricing on
the 2016 CX-5 GT AWD there was a fee that I don't think I've seen or heard anyone else
talk about.

It's a Regional Adjustment for my Zip Code here in Texas, but I'd put in numerous Zip Codes for
our Region and the fee stayed the same.

Destination Fee $880
Advertising Fee Unavailable*
Regional Adjustment for Zip Code:76028 $298

Plus the normal Tax, Title, and License Fees.

Take Care,

CK
We purchased our 2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech in March and had not seen any "Regional Adjustment" on window sticker nor mentioned by the sales person. As AWD is rare in Texas and we special ordered ours with no additional mark up either.

Howdy Yrwei52,
Thanks so much for the Information, that's great to hear and I'd
love to know what your thoughts are on the AWD after you've
run it for a while. Good to know also on ordering it, as I'd
not seen very many at any of our Local Dealers.
Thanks again !!!
Take Care,
CK
In DFW area we only have snowing condition a few times per year at most. But we'd still like to have an AWD just in case we really need it to get on the road on these days. AWD will have better performance while turning but we're paying the price for it with poorer fuel economy. Mazda's "Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive" supposed to get updated for 2016 to have better "real world" fuel economy. So far the computer says 23.7 mpg for 350 miles driven in all city miles. It's a personal preference and I just feel an SUV should be an AWD.

Notice that Mazda has "Dallas Fort Worth International Auto Show Bonus Cash" for $500 in this week. And if you own a Mazda, you can get $500 "Owner Loyalty Cash" too! I think Mazda at least is taking care of old and faithful customers when they are buying another Mazda's that is very nice!

If you special order, wont it take about 6 months to get it made and shipped from Japan to USA?

In DFW area we only have snowing condition a few times per year at most. But we'd still like to have an AWD just in case we really need it to get on the road on these days. AWD will have better performance while turning but we're paying the price for it with poorer fuel economy. Mazda's "Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive" supposed to get updated for 2016 to have better "real world" fuel economy. So far the computer says 23.7 mpg for 350 miles driven in all city miles. It's a personal preference and I just feel an SUV should be an AWD.

Notice that Mazda has "Dallas Fort Worth International Auto Show Bonus Cash" for $500 in this week. And if you own a Mazda, you can get $500 "Owner Loyalty Cash" too! I think Mazda at least is taking care of old and faithful customers when they are buying another Mazda's that is very nice!

Howdy Yrwei52,

Thanks for the additional info, we're just on the South Side of Fort Worth.
This will be our 4th Mazda, the Wife's last 3 cars have been Mazda's
so should qualify for the Owner Loyalty Program. I'm looking at June or July for
a purchase date.

I've debated back and forth about the AWD but decided in the end, that I'd like any
edge in funky weather to help us come and go safely. The Mileage doesn't sound too bad
for city miles, especially with all the Traffic in the DFW area.

Thanks again for the info, Take Care,

CK

I'm about ready to look for a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD in Sonic Silver with no extra packages. Has anyone recently bought one similar? Any advice on the price I should be shooting for would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm about ready to look for a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD in Sonic Silver with no extra packages. Has anyone recently bought one similar? Any advice on the price I should be shooting for would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you run a truecar price? That will give you an idea of where to start. I say that because with some negotiating you can beat the truecar price.

Howdy Yrwei52,
Thanks for the additional info, we're just on the South Side of Fort Worth.
This will be our 4th Mazda, the Wife's last 3 cars have been Mazda's
so should qualify for the Owner Loyalty Program. I'm looking at June or July for
a purchase date.
I've debated back and forth about the AWD but decided in the end, that I'd like any
edge in funky weather to help us come and go safely. The Mileage doesn't sound too bad
for city miles, especially with all the Traffic in the DFW area.
Thanks again for the info, Take Care,
CK
When you're ready to get a GT AWD, make sure to get at least the Tech Pkg. The LED headlights (both low and high beam) are excellent with adaptive feature which will not only automatically adjust lights up and down but also left and right on the fly; not to mention cool-looking LED daytime running lights, LED fog lights, LED tail lights, and LED brake lights! These LED lights are very expensive at this time (Porsche charges $2K+ just for the LED headlights alone!) and $1505 MSRP Tech Pkg. is well worth the money! I am actually a little regret that we didn't ask for $1500 MSRP i-Activsense Pkg. after I found out how expensive these features will be on other cars!

If you special order, wont it take about 6 months to get it made and shipped from Japan to USA?
It depends on situation. Mazda has very minimum varieties of color selections and options (not even a memory seat available!), hence there is not much customization we can do. You'll be able to find a CX-5 you want somewhere in the port of entry or on the water. We placed the order for a 2016 Sonic Silver GT AWD with Tech Package on 2/16/2015 as there was none meets our criteria in the dealership and around the neighborhood states. Besides we really don't like the idea of putting any more miles on a new car and a new car been driven on the highway with constant speed when they're getting cars from other dealers. We wanted the dealer getting our CX-5 directly from Mazda North American Operations. The dealer finally found one still on the Pacific Ocean from Japan but they could get the VIN to process the paperwork and take the advantage of Presidents' Day $500 cash back from Mazda. We received our CX-5 on 3/12, about a month long wait.

I just got a white 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD no upgrades and got the car out the door for $27200, so I think the selling price before tax and title was around $24600 if i am not mistaken

Last edited:
Have you run a truecar price? That will give you an idea of where to start. I say that because with some negotiating you can beat the truecar price.

Thanks! Just ran it on Truecar and it says:
MSRP $25,845
Invoice $25,461
Truecar $24,614
Ave Paid $24,504

So I'll try to shoot for $24,500 and with some luck also try to get a cargo shade and all weather mats thrown in ;)

Last edited:
Helped a friend of mine and got a 2016 sonic silver CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Package for $27,500 before TTL on 4/3. The MSRP is $30,545 (GT FWD $28,220 + Tech Package $1505 + Delivery $820). Most early 2016 CX-5 delivered in February has less delivery charge of $820 instead of $880 for some reason. The sale price does include $500 "Dallas Fort Worth International Auto Show Bonus Cash" and $500 "Owner Loyalty Cash".

Thanks! Just ran it on Truecar and it says:
MSRP $25,845
Invoice $25,461
Truecar $24,614
Ave Paid $24,504

So I'll try to shoot for $24,500 and with some luck also try to get a cargo shade and all weather mats thrown in ;)

Hey CaboWabo, let me know how your shopping goes. Are you only going to one of the Nelson Mazda dealerships, or looking outside of Nashville?

S-Plan pricing

Does anyone have the exact Mazda S-Plan pricing for the 2016 CX-5's for the various models and options? It used to be $300 over invoice but that would not seem to be very competitive in light of what people are paying for them off the street.

Hey CaboWabo, let me know how your shopping goes. Are you only going to one of the Nelson Mazda dealerships, or looking outside of Nashville?

Probably all three Nelson's and also Wyatt Johnson. I'll expand further if I cant find what I need.

I picked my 2016 white cx-5 touring for $26k OTD, so that's about 23.9 before TTL. In CA so taxes are about 9%.

I picked my 2016 white cx-5 touring for $26k OTD, so that's about 23.9 before TTL. In CA so taxes are about 9%.

wow good job, $23,900 is a great deal! Was the white paint the only upgrade you had?

Vehicle: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Color: White
Packages: Tech Package
Extras: Free Front + Rear All Weather Mats
Negotiated Price: 29,780 + fees

Just agreed to buy tomorrow with the pricing above.

nice!!!

just got mine yesterday 04/13

Vehicle: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
Negotiated Price: 29,131 + fees

Cheers!

nice!!!

just got mine yesterday 04/13

Vehicle: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
Negotiated Price: 29,131 + fees

Cheers!

Wave if you see me in SF, and I'll do that if I see you in SD :) We have the identical car except the AWD/FWD config :) White is a beautiful color on the CX5. Especially if it sits on top of all black rims IMO.

Back