What did you pay for your CX-5?

Here in the bay area the best true car price for a new silver AWD touring w/o tech pkg is 25638. I found the same vehicle used with 17k for 24700.
I just got a Touring FWD W/tech CPO with 11K for 24,750 + 495 StealerShip Fees.

Was lucky enough to lease the car using the Mazda E-Plan (my uncle works for mazda). Base 2015 CX-5 Touring = 24,048 - 925 Cash Lease Incentive - 750 Loyalty (Mom has a tribute) + Money factor of .00051 (that's some cheap ass money) + $595 stealership fees.

anyone thinking of buying now, unless you're in a real pinch, I'd recommend waiting until December. The closer we get to the end of the year, the more dealerships are going to be motivated to make a sale.

Mitzurugi, if you're willing to come down to LA, I'd recommend Culver City Mazda. I bought from them last December and got a great deal. They came in with an aggressively low price and were easy to work with.

Also, the Liquid Silver was my second choice going in, but my wife won out and that's what we ended up with. Could not be happier with the color. Very sharp looking and hides dirt well.

anyone thinking of buying now, unless you're in a real pinch, I'd recommend waiting until December. The closer we get to the end of the year, the more dealerships are going to be motivated to make a sale.
Maybe, but the CX-5 is moving off the lots. I didn't find a lot of leftover 2014s new or used when we went looking about a month ago. In general, waiting until the end of any month is a good idea because the salesperson has to make quota. Possibly you get a small psychological advantage going in when they open on Sunday morning (that's when my wife and I went), and the dealership has no floor traffic. I think salesmen get nervous, when they can't see any 'ups' milling around. On the other hand, I had the price pre negotiated on the phone before I even walked in.

I'm new here, but I just bought a 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with Tech Package for $30,200 OTD in Texas. MSRP was $30,225 + $389 in accessories (cargo cover, mats, net). We got $2500 off the sale price.

I suppose you and I just differ in that I will never spend that much money on a car. Much better to use that money for a house, something that doesn't depreciate over time, or other essentials. I just don't see the point in spending that much money on a car. The only exception I would make is if I struck gold (won the lottery) and I would buy a Range Rover (and thus could afford to gas it up)! But that is unlikely to happen, so I can safely say that no, I will never spend more than $30k on a car, probably $20k for a used car. I just don't think cars are worth that much - I don't WANT a really expensive car. That's silly to me.

I've already paid for my house too, I sink all my excess cash into zero load growth mutual funds and index funds via my ROTH IRA/IRA/401K for retirement. Sadly, even with this aggressive strategy and the massive market run-up, I only have about $738K for our golden years and I'm already 38. Hopefully, the CX-5 will still be worth something when my wife and I are ancient, and we can sell it for a few years supply of Kal-Kan given predicted rates of inflation. Medicare and Social Security will be gone in 30 years. Only the billionaires and maybe the mult-millionaires will be able to afford life in 2044.

Hopefully new CX-5 owner by the 31st...and 1st time posting here.

I'm in talks with a few local dealers in purchasing by tonight/tomorrow (month-end quotas must be met!)

Mine is a lease deal...and pretty good numbers so far:
Sport-auto with bluetooth and roof rails, free tints thrown in
$260 all in, $1000 total inception and no money down.
39 month, 39k miles

I've updated the others with this particular dealer's pricing and letting them bid for my business. lowest bidder wins!!! (nana)

I wonder if Mazda salesmen ever check out these forums and just sob.

I've already paid for my house too, I sink all my excess cash into zero load growth mutual funds and index funds via my ROTH IRA/IRA/401K for retirement. Sadly, even with this aggressive strategy and the massive market run-up, I only have about $738K for our golden years and I'm already 38. Hopefully, the CX-5 will still be worth something when my wife and I are ancient, and we can sell it for a few years supply of Kal-Kan given predicted rates of inflation. Medicare and Social Security will be gone in 30 years. Only the billionaires and maybe the mult-millionaires will be able to afford life in 2044.

What makes you think that mutual funds and index funds are aggressive?

What makes you think that mutual funds and index funds are aggressive?

Well, some are in single stocks, but with only $700K or so to play with, I have to be careful. Most of the mutual funds are in aggressive growth categories. Anyway, it's more aggressive than putting it under the mattress. I only keep $100-150K cash liquid for emergencies. And it kills me to see even that tiny amount getting eaten away by inflation. But what else can I do with it? I only need one Mazda CX-5.

Hey, first time poster here. I debated if I wanted to know or not if I got a good deal. But I figured if I can help a couple other people get the best deal they can, it would be worth it.

So I just bought a new 2105 CX-5 yesterday (no trade-in, financing).

Here is the deal I got in Mazda Fremont, CA:

Year: 2015
Make: Mazda
Model: CX-5 Touring 2WD
Options: Bose/Moonroof Pkg
Color: Blue Mica / Black
MSRP: $26,925
Invoice: $26,406
Deal: $25,500 (including $250 cash back put towards down payment)

Adding tax (8.75%), licensing and misc CA fees with $2,000 down and 0.9% for 63 months.

Out the door $28,392.

The way I got there was by telling the guy the TrueCar price quoted of $24,800 with the Bose/Moonroof package and that I wanted the 0.9% financing for 60 months. He did not want to do both so he told me he could do either do the TrueCar price with a higher rate or the low rate I wanted but for $25,500. I figured I'd rather have a lower rate. Down the road it would end up being pretty comparable anyway.

I am not a big fan of debating for hours for a few hundred bucks and my wife and I needed a new car so I agreed without too much resistance. I am sure someone with more time and/or patience could squeeze a few hundred bucks.

Did I get a good deal?

Hey, first time poster here. I debated if I wanted to know or not if I got a good deal. But I figured if I can help a couple other people get the best deal they can, it would be worth it.

Adding tax (8.75%), licensing and misc CA fees with $2,000 down and 0.9% for 63 months.

Out the door $28,392.

The way I got there was by telling the guy the TrueCar price quoted of $24,800 with the Bose/Moonroof package and that I wanted the 0.9% financing for 60 months. He did not want to do both so he told me he could do either do the TrueCar price with a higher rate or the low rate I wanted but for $25,500. I figured I'd rather have a lower rate. Down the road it would end up being pretty comparable anyway.

I am not a big fan of debating for hours for a few hundred bucks and my wife and I needed a new car so I agreed without too much resistance. I am sure someone with more time and/or patience could squeeze a few hundred bucks.

Did I get a good deal?
Did you get the Tech package?

I didn't put anything down besides good credit! I think they require a 725+ score. Another recent post also mentions the $500 extra for the 0% financing deal, so it seems this may be standard across dealers. I completely agree it's worth it to pay the $500 extra for an effective 0.59% 5 year $27K loan. I had the cash ready, but figured I could do much better investing it than paying down a car. Assuming a minimum of 2% return on my $27K investment ($2700), I'm $2200+ ahead!

Also, my dealer did not charge me anything for the dealer trade. He sent his driver 170 miles there and back, no extra fee and happy to do the deal.

Did you get a AWD or FWD? Which dealership you went to? If you don't mind I ask. thx

Out the door $28,392.

Did I get a good deal?

I'm not a fan of buying new, so I would never call it a good deal. I'll always try to shave a few thousand off the price with a CPO...
I got a 2014 CX-5 FWD CPO with 11K miles with Bose/Moonroof & Tech for $25,250, including $495 stealership fees. The CPO extends the powertrain warranty to 7/70 and the bumper to bumper to 5/50 I think... You can't tell mine from new. So for slightly less than you paid, I got the tech package and a CPO warranty. I should have done better, tried to bully the dealer down to 23,500 but he would not budge. It was even the end of the month. Some people here say I got robbed, everyone here buys new cars.

What were your dealers fees, and what about that $800 destination charge that all the new CX-5s have? I don't see those things itemized..

I'm not a fan of buying new, so I would never call it a good deal. I'll always try to shave a few thousand off the price with a CPO...
I got a 2014 CX-5 FWD CPO with 11K miles with Bose/Moonroof & Tech for $25,250, including $495 stealership fees. The CPO extends the powertrain warranty to 7/70 and the bumper to bumper to 5/50 I think... You can't tell mine from new. So for slightly less than you paid, I got the tech package and a CPO warranty. I should have done better, tried to bully the dealer down to 23,500 but he would not budge. It was even the end of the month. Some people here say I got robbed, everyone here buys new cars.

What were your dealers fees, and what about that $800 destination charge that all the new CX-5s have? I don't see those things itemized..

Thanks for the feedback. I am not necessarily a fan of buying new either but for some reason (popularity), I could not find ANY used 2014 CX-5 here with decent deals. I tried to look at inventory but the prices for 2014 were almost identical as the price for a new 2015 with the same options, maybe $500 cheaper for $15k miles on it or so.

The extra charges were as follow:
  • $80 for Document processing charge
  • $2260.13 sales tax
  • $15.50 registration fee
  • $286.75 official California fees

That is all I see on my contract. I don't have a $800 destination fee marked on it.

I got sucked in buying extended warranties and other extra protection but luckily I live in CA so I have 60 days to cancel. So I'm doing some research and debating if it is worth it or not (I probably overpaid for these) but this is for another thread...

Window sticker should read something like:

MSRP $27000
Destination and Handling $800 **
Total Vehicle Price $27800

Not sure where they hid **, without seeing details, maybe actual pricing was close to invoice.

Not sure why it's hard to say No to extra extended warranties and extra protection. It's the same as saying No to that crap when buying appliances and electronics. They carry obscene profit margins and dealership is banking on the fact that nearly all people duped into buying them will never cancel them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I am not necessarily a fan of buying new either but for some reason (popularity), I could not find ANY used 2014 CX-5 here with decent deals. I tried to look at inventory but the prices for 2014 were almost identical as the price for a new 2015 with the same options, maybe $500 cheaper for $15k miles on it or so.

The extra charges were as follow:
  • $80 for Document processing charge
  • $2260.13 sales tax
  • $15.50 registration fee
  • $286.75 official California fees

That is all I see on my contract. I don't have a $800 destination fee marked on it.

I got sucked in buying extended warranties and other extra protection but luckily I live in CA so I have 60 days to cancel. So I'm doing some research and debating if it is worth it or not (I probably overpaid for these) but this is for another thread...

Yeah, in the long run you are probably right about finding a used 2014 and saving much money. After a lot of analysis of TrueCar, and what other people have said they paid here, I figure I saved about the cost of the Tech package. Maybe a little more. If I could have waited for them to be 3 years old and waiting for some more returned leases to show up, I could have saved more like $5,000. Demand is strong for this model, it's getting fantastic press and great word of mouth.

Let me save you the time on the extended warranties, just cancel them. They are pure dealer profit and almost always of dubious value. Arguably, the only 'extended warranty' worth anything is the Mazda factory certified CPO. They don't line-item the cost of a CPO car, but for the CX-5, Edmunds puts the extra value of the car at about $1,100, I think. Any 2014 and I think even 2013s sold by the dealers are automatically CPO, as they are so new with such few miles. So it's not like a I had a choice.

Hi All
New to the forum. I live in Canada (Ottawa) and looking to buy a CX-5. Any help on pricing would be most welcome.

New to the forum. Just bought a CX-5 GT AWD in the Deep Crystal Blue Mica in late October (wife's car). I avoided the tech package, as I didn't see the need for NAV (iPhone works fine), Smart City Brake (only works [maybe] at slow speed and seems to contribute to possible windshield issues), Xenon (headlights already included), AFS (cool feature but couldn't justify the extra spend to get this), and Auto Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink (added this accessory in the deal). So again, 2015 CX-5 GT AWD with Auto Dimming Mirror/Homelink, All Weather Floor Mats, Retractable Cargo Cover, Roof Rack and Wheel Locks.

MSRP including accessories and $830 destination is $30,975
Selling Price After $1,000 Financing Incentive and Accessories:$28,000
Doc Fee: $499.90 aka dealer profit, I miss states that have a reasonable set fee like $80 or so, but I live in AZ so they can charge what they want up to $500 (I believe), they just have to charge every customer the same fee every time.
State & Local Taxes: $2,268.00
License and Fees: $530.70
Total Out The Door: $31,298.60

I plan to pay off the car after a few months, dealer just needs you to pay for 3 or 4 months so they don't get hit with a chargeback. Minimum finance was $15k for the incentive, but interest wasn't too bad and should only cost a hundred or so for the few months, worth it to save another 8 or $900 in the deal.

Back