What did you pay for your CX-5?

The other day I got an email quote from a local dealer for a White 2015 AWD Touring with remote start. Is it just me, or does $29K OTD seem high?

"Sticker price is $27,300.00 (plus remote start) and your purchase price is $27,169.45 (with remote start). You will be out the door for $29,024.02 (sales tax, fees, plate transfer included). We have 0% Financing through Mazda for 63 months. Zero down, 63 months = $460.70 month. For every $1,000.00 down your payment is reduced by $15.87. Example: $3,000.00 down payment = $413.09. "

I don't know what State you're in, so don't really know what the taxes are but.. I got my AWD Touring w/Bose and tech package for less than that before taxes and fees. Can't really compare OTD price unless you're in the same State but I would ask them to lower it. Seems like the national average off MSRP is about $2,500. The reducing your payment by putting more money down is not a deal... That's just math. And the last time I checked, Mazda's 0% financing was only for up to 60 months.. I've never seen 63 months before. Lastly, look at Mazda's website for bonus cash offers if you're doing a trade in. If you can take advantage of the bonus cash offer, I would make sure that whatever they offer you is the bonus cash PLUS $___.

Sounds like just sticker price. Most people get about $1,500- $2,000 off sticker, regardless of packages or models.

Don't talk about the OTD price. Just concentrate on the car's price. Do not mention anything, about trade in if do you have one.
Send out Emails, to a couple of dealers in your area and use the lowest price, to make them compete for your business.

I don't know what State you're in, so don't really know what the taxes are but.. I got my AWD Touring w/Bose and tech package for less than that before taxes and fees. Can't really compare OTD price unless you're in the same State but I would ask them to lower it. Seems like the national average off MSRP is about $2,500. The reducing your payment by putting more money down is not a deal... That's just math. And the last time I checked, Mazda's 0% financing was only for up to 60 months.. I've never seen 63 months before. Lastly, look at Mazda's website for bonus cash offers if you're doing a trade in. If you can take advantage of the bonus cash offer, I would make sure that whatever they offer you is the bonus cash PLUS $___.

My loan through Mazda was 0% for 63 months.

I just purchased a 2014 CX5 GT, FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Black interior, with tech package, tinted windows, towing package, roof rack, cargo tray,retractable cargo cover, mud flaps, wheel locks and it's first oil change with $5444 miles on it along with a clean Car Fax for $25,600. Still smells new and no, it wasn't in a flood or used in a drug deal or bank robbery. I think I got an excellent deal. What do you think?

I too am in need of a vehicle quick, ive been looking into the CX5 but was wondering if it would need special maintenance since it has the skyactiv engine?

I bought my CX-5 on 10/3/2014 at Fremont, CA:
2015 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
White Mica paint, Sand interior
Technology package
Roof side rails, wheel locks, retractable cargo cover
Sticker price $30995
My price $28076 + fees

I asked about the 0% finance, but no go even though I have perfect credit. Since I got a great price, I didn't push for it. They did offer me 2.03%, 60 months finance.

I've got an offer on the table for
2015 AWD Touring with tech and moonroof/bose for 28.9K (excluding taxes/fees/etc..). However, its coming from about 500 miles away.

I just found a 2014 AWD Grand Touring with tech for 28.7 (excluding taxes/fees/etc..). I'm not crazy about leather seats, but love the 2014 Sky Blue color. This one is 1000 miles away. I emailed that dealer but haven't heard anything yet.

How do these prices sound? Would my dealer be able to get that Grand Touring over here?

Negotiated a deal for my father for a 2015 cx-5 auto sport, no options. $20,728 + tax,dmv (CA) ,doc fee. Also got them to throw in all weather mats. Just below $23k OTD.

Just picked up my 2015 CX-5 Sport FWD 6 speed manual on Friday. Sticker was $22,375, but I found the exact same vehicle (down to the color) at another dealership for $20,759. Printed it out and they matched the price. Got $1000 for my trade in (2004 Mazda3 hatchback, it was rusty and needed a lot of work) and $500 loyalty rebate, total was $19,259. With tax, out the door was $20,800 (rounded to the nearest dollar). I still owed a little on my previous car so that was rolled into the new loan. But I think I got a decent deal. I'm planning on refinancing in a year or so to get a lower interest rate, though.

2015 CX 5 GT, AWD, Tech, Roof Rack, Cross Bars, Bumper Guard, Meteor Grey = $28,270 (did the math wrong) excluding taxes

Sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GT, Hatchback w/87K for $9K. Purchased in 2009 for $11,200.

Boom!

Last edited:
2015 CX 5 GT, AWD, Tech, Roof Rack, Cross Bars, Bumper Guard, Meteor Grey = $28,133 excluding taxes

Sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GT, Hatchback w/87K for $9K. Purchased in 2009 for $11,200.

Boom!

Assuming this wasn't a demo and there isn't some hidden loss in trade this would probably be the best deal I have seen close to $2K under invoice. This would be $3741.95 off of MSRP. Unless Mazda isn't selling cars... a rare deal indeed.

Would anybody be willing to offer their thoughts on this offer?

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with Sirius and Roof Rails in White

Purchase price 27203.72
Doc Fee 200
Price Pre-tax 27403.72
Tax 1644.22
Registration $15.00
Plate Transfer 8
Ext. warranty
Total Price 29070.94
Rebates 500
Money down 0
Trade-in net 0
Balance 28570.94

The sales guy said that his manager has 1 $250 rebate certificate that I might be able to get.

TrueCar shows that the Avg paid is $27,259. How can I get a better deal?

Would anybody be willing to offer their thoughts on this offer?

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with Sirius and Roof Rails in White

Purchase price 27203.72
Doc Fee 200
Price Pre-tax 27403.72
Tax 1644.22
Registration $15.00
Plate Transfer 8
Ext. warranty
Total Price 29070.94
Rebates 500
Money down 0
Trade-in net 0
Balance 28570.94

The sales guy said that his manager has 1 $250 rebate certificate that I might be able to get.

TrueCar shows that the Avg paid is $27,259. How can I get a better deal?

Are there any other Mazda dealers nearby? If so, you might be able to do what I did... Make the dealerships compete with each other. Shop around.

Latest posts

Back