What did you pay for your CX-5?

Great post and very helpful. Can the $2,500 target number be used on the Touring as well or should I shoot for a lower number? MSRP on the Touring is $25,795. Also, does the $2,500 number take into account any of the rebates or bonus cash (mazda owner, military, college grad, etc.) or should those be additional reductions. Thanks!!

Even if you are eligible for the incentives, negotiate the price before letting them know you are eligible. The bottom line for the Touring might be a bit less, but not much.

Hi Oscar734,
I'm also in the Brooklyn area. Looking to purchase a CX-5 within the next few months. I've been to koeppel Mazda and wasn't too happy with the salesperson.

Anyway maybe we can get a better deal if we work together. Have you tried going the truecar.com route? What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Do a search of "truecar" and read some of the many reviews. You can get a better price than the truecar price if you want to put in the work.

Thanks for the quick reply. Does anyone else have info on the target discount off of MSRP for the Touring? For those that bought a Touring, if you subtract tax/title/licensing since those will vary by location (and don't include any bonus cash), how much off of MSRP did you get? jpaulatkinson has established $2,500 as the target number for the GT. Maybe we can get the same target for the Touring and the Sport.

Thanks in advance.

thats about it.. I am buying a CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with tech package today or tomorrow. I received quotes from 5 different dealers. Best one was $2500 off MSRP.

thats about it.. I am buying a CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with tech package today or tomorrow. I received quotes from 5 different dealers. Best one was $2500 off MSRP.

i bought that CX5 a couple days after the above post. $2500 off MSRP, fully loaded CX5 AWD. 0% for 5 years, 1/2 down payment.

to introduce myself to the mazda community, i have a large car channel, and made my first mazda video. it is mostly a VW channel.

i bought that CX5 a couple days after the above post. $2500 off MSRP, fully loaded CX5 AWD. 0% for 5 years, 1/2 down payment.

to introduce myself to the mazda community, i have a large car channel, and made my first mazda video. it is mostly a VW channel.

Would you mind sending me a PM with the dealer name and the name of the salesperson?

I'm amazed that people have managed to get such good deals around the country. Here in the NYC area, I've contacted multiple dealerships for a plain White GT AWD w Tech (excluding DMV + sales tax) and none of them seem to be willing to even go down to $30k (forget about the ~29k deals people seem to be getting). I am calling places as far away as ~40 miles from the city but I cant imagine that a random dealer will suddenly undercut everyone else by a $1000+.

Whats even more frustrating is that most dealerships arent even coming down to the truecar.com price for this area (the ones that do come down to it add on heavy fees to the price)

Oscar734 and Random Surge, are you guys fairing any better with the NY/NJ dealers? If so could you let me know which one?

I'm not familiar with your area, but is there a reason that you can't go out of the area? I had to drive a couple of hours do to poor selection in my area so I email shopped to decide where I was going to be able to get a decent deal. Perhaps demand is too high in your local area?

I feel your pain.

I'm amazed that people have managed to get such good deals around the country. Here in the NYC area, I've contacted multiple dealerships for a plain White GT AWD w Tech (excluding DMV + sales tax) and none of them seem to be willing to even go down to $30k (forget about the ~29k deals people seem to be getting). I am calling places as far away as ~40 miles from the city but I cant imagine that a random dealer will suddenly undercut everyone else by a $1000+.

Whats even more frustrating is that most dealerships arent even coming down to the truecar.com price for this area (the ones that do come down to it add on heavy fees to the price)

Oscar734 and Random Surge, are you guys fairing any better with the NY/NJ dealers? If so could you let me know which one?

I know what your going thru. I've been interested in this car since it first came out in 2013. The few times I've gone to the dealer's in my area, one thing or another has kept me from buying the car( much to the unhappiness of my wife) The very first dealer I went to was very pushy and tried to sell me the test drive model for full price and from then on its been downhill ever since. I'm glad I waited because since then, there have been vast improvements on the car since( more HP and brake assist). I keep researching and I still find myself interested in purchasing this car. However I will not be bullied or taken advantage of by a car salesperson. Even if it means suffering along with my 2000 Ford Focus with NO A/C and 2 rear windows that don't work. If I have to suffer and wait till the 2016's debut , I will. I will not go to the darkside and buy a Honda CRV.

I agree with you on the Truecar.com quote. Non of the NYC dealers seem to come close to it. I'm amazed how people in other states are getting such good deals below $2,500 MSRP.

Keep me informed of your search to get a good/fair deal, as I will too.

Purchased my 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD (Meteor Gray) over July 4th Weekend in Southern California. Here's my breakdown for those of you hunting for invoices.

MSRP: $25,850 (base + $55 wheel locks + 830 Destination Fee)
Price: $23,898
DOC: $80
8% Tax: $1918.24
DMV: $256
CA Tire Fee: $8.75
E-Reg: $29.00
-----------------------
OTD: $26,189
10K Down, 60-month payments at 0% APR
+ $500 Loyalty Rebate - currently processing

Effective Price Paid: $25,689
Price before taxes: $23,389

I too am from NYC area and all dealers wouldn't budge below below 30k for 2015 GT AWD w/Tech. Wheel locks AW mats & rear bumper guard. OTD was 32950 which included $500 loyalty. Lowest # i got was 29,988 b4 T&T, but once they started adding in dmv fees etc price was higher then i ended up paying. Every dealer "swore" their tissue was 30.4K. How people are getting $2500 off is beyond me. Sticker was 31,730.

I bought my '15 CX-5 Touring AWD two days ago in the Seattle area. 0.0% for 5 years, $4,000 down. Negotiated to death with my salesman and even compared it with another dealership.

$27,345 after everything, including the Bose speakers w/ moonroof. KBB is telling me that's "an unusually low price" with all the options I got with it. :X

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Crystal White / Black Leather
No tech package because I don't like the navigation or bulky rear view mirror.

Purchased from a Mazda dealer in Portland, OR on June 19th, 2014.

MSRP: $30,250
Price: $28,000
License / Registration / Title / Docs: $230
Mazda Loyalty: -$500
WA Sales Tax: $2,436
---------------------------
Total with Tax: $30,166
Total without Tax: $27,730

Thank you so much to everyone else on this forum for sharing info. It was so nice to go in armed with information. Literally saved me $2000 so thank you again! :D

What dealership? My dealer wouldn't go below invoice (about 900 off MSRP). Live in Seattle but will travel for a deal like this!

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Crystal White / Black Leather
No tech package because I don't like the navigation or bulky rear view mirror.

Purchased from a Mazda dealer in Portland, OR on June 19th, 2014.

MSRP: $30,250
Price: $28,000
License / Registration / Title / Docs: $230
Mazda Loyalty: -$500
WA Sales Tax: $2,436
---------------------------
Total with Tax: $30,166
Total without Tax: $27,730

Thank you so much to everyone else on this forum for sharing info. It was so nice to go in armed with information. Literally saved me $2000 so thank you again! :D

I paid $2014 below MSRP at Puget Sound Area dealer.

Only 6 miles on it when I got it so not likely driven by many.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech
Clear Mask
Roof Rack Side Rails
Rear bumper guard

Doc fee was $150.

unnamed%252Bcx5.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased my 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD (Meteor Gray) over July 4th Weekend in Southern California. Here's my breakdown for those of you hunting for invoices.

MSRP: $25,850 (base + $55 wheel locks + 830 Destination Fee)
Price: $23,898
DOC: $80
8% Tax: $1918.24
DMV: $256
CA Tire Fee: $8.75
E-Reg: $29.00
-----------------------
OTD: $26,189
10K Down, 60-month payments at 0% APR
+ $500 Loyalty Rebate - currently processing

Effective Price Paid: $25,689
Price before taxes: $23,389

Bought mine on the 20th in Riverside, CA. 2015 CX-5 Touring, Crystal White Pearl + Roof Rails.

Paid 26,500$ out the door. Absolutely loved the 500$ college grad rebate, and 0% APR saved me nearly 2k.

Seeing your quote makes me feel like I negotiated fairly well. This was my first new car purchase. I know the white is 200$ more, and roof rack around there too.

Got the warranty extended up to 100k miles for 1200$. They originally wanted 1800 for it. Puts my whole total at 27,200$.

Bought mine on the 20th in Riverside, CA. 2015 CX-5 Touring, Crystal White Pearl + Roof Rails.

Paid 26,500$ out the door. Absolutely loved the 500$ college grad rebate, and 0% APR saved me nearly 2k.

Seeing your quote makes me feel like I negotiated fairly well. This was my first new car purchase. I know the white is 200$ more, and roof rack around there too.

Got the warranty extended up to 100k miles for 1200$. They originally wanted 1800 for it. Puts my whole total at 27,200$.

I initially was going trough riverside Mazda but Temecula Mazda gave me a quote that Riverside said they couldn't even match. Mine is a '15 grand touring white with no packages. Paid $26 before TTL, about $28k out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the warranty extended up to 100k miles for 1200$. They originally wanted 1800 for it.

Was this the official 10 year /100K mile warranty from Mazda?

I wonder if there are there any ways to extend further it if you purchase just prior to 3/36 bumper warranty expires? This is how my Infiniti warranty worked. It had a 4/60 bumper-to-bumper and a 6/70 powertrain. Just prior to my 4/60 expiring I purchased a 5 year Infiniti elite warranty. They did the same inspection they do on CPO and this also gave me an extra year of coverage so I was able to take my warranty out to 9/100K miles. I couldn't have done that if I purchased warranty new with car.

Although 10/100K mile warranty on Mazda is pretty darn good as it is.

Was the Infiniti warranty worth it? Definitely.... around $1900 for almost $6500 in repairs.

Transmission valve body replaced, AC Compressor failure and steering rack replaced.

I bought the standard warranty and also the platinum coverage for dents, fabric tears, scuffs on the interior, tire replacement, windshield replacement, loss of key fob, etc. We also have the option of extending the warranty on the car within 3 years.

Canadian Black Book is listing our CX-5 between $30,000 and $32,000 in a trade in value.

Yes, the official one. Extended from the 3/36 and 6/75 ( i think it was 75). Financing the car at 5 years, I figured it was a no-brainer to cover it for at least that long. From what I read on car buying in general, buying a warranty later was always more expensive.

Back