What did you pay for your CX-5?

Being offered $29.1k for a GT with tech FWD and $30,620 for a GT with tech AWD. Texas.

Thoughts? Any room for change there? They line up with edmunds car pricing.

Being offered $29.1k for a GT with tech FWD and $30,620 for a GT with tech AWD. Texas.

Thoughts? Any room for change there? They line up with edmunds car pricing.
You should be able to get GT AWD w/tech for $29.1k bf TTL.

May 31st 2013, Broomfield Colorado: 2014 CX-4 Touring AWD Sky Blue.

$26,660 MSRP

$25,818 for the car.
$599 BS Dealer Handling Fee
------
$26,417 Actual Cost to me

$183 under MSRP

I paid $1974.29 in taxes but you should ignore that since your area will be different. Focus on your offer price compared to mine and the factors below.

What I did wrong:

Actually, what you really did wrong was buy your car through Sill-Ter Har.
I have attempted to buy cars from them on 3 separate occasions, gotten the run around, and left, doing business with a different dealer each time.

Here's my deal that I did through Gateway Mazda back on March 20th:

Just last night I traded in my 2011 RX-8 Sport for a 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD with no additional options.

It was the easiest deal I have made for a vehicle since 2005, and between myself and my sweetie, we have had 14 vehicle transactions in that time span, mostly motorcycles, though.

So the original deal was supposed to be:

CX-5 AWD Touring - Invoice - $26,185
Mazda Loyalty Rebate - $500
Mazda Financing Dealer Cash - $200
value of trade in - $18,500
payoff on trade in - $6,805.62
Dealer fee - $399
With a free clear bra thrown in on the car, because I'm so nice to deal with.

That makes the total financed $14,189.62.

Last night, when I went in to pick up the car, there was an additional $300 bonus cash thrown in because the Denver Auto Show is in town.
I knew the auto show was coming, and was hoping it would be timed well with the car's arrival, and it worked out perfectly.

So, I was expecting to add the extra $300 right on top of everything else, but the dealer balked, and took off the $200 dealer cash.
As I started to protest, the sales manager brought me up to his booth to show me the numbers, and as he was trying to explain why he couldn't give me the $200 Dealer Cash, I noticed that he had increased the value of my trade in to $19,000.

I shut my mouth, and said "You know what? You guys have been great. I'm not going to fret over that last $200. Lets get this deal done right now."
And we did.

So, a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring, with a clear bra on the front hood:

$26,185
-$500
-$300
-$19,000
+$6,805.62
+399
= $13,589.62

Plus TTL brought the grand total to $14102.16 here in Colorado.
And that's with the 0.9% financing.

I highly recommend Gateway Mazda in Aurora over any of the other dealers.
I have to drive past Sil-TerHar in Broomfield and Mazda of Lakewood to get to them, and I am very happy to do so.
My body will never darken those two dealer's showrooms ever again.

BC.

I talked with most of the dealers in town, and ruled out 2 as to never wanting to do business with them for any reason on the planet.
I loved my experience with Gateway Mazda, and I still feel good about the experience I had with McDonald Mazda when I bought my RX-8 back in 2011.

But I'm glad you love your CX-5!

BC.

Hi all
Had a email from drive the deal uk that prices increasing in July from mazda uk will this reflect in USA market ?
But all I know that my original delivery was 1st July 2013 now it's 14 August 2013 ordered in April paid 23668 to total with metallic paint , diamond paint treatment, and floor mats
List price is over 25000 before extras.2.2 sport cx5 fwd

Being that I'm in south Texas, AWD isn't essential.

So I should guess that the FWD version is 28.2-28.5k ?
MSRP for the AWD is $1300 more, so that's about right. Definitely no more than $29k(bf TTL) for FWD GT w/tech.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but it's been helpful reading thru the posts and just bought our CX-5 yesterday! Thought I'd share my deal in case it helps others.

2014 Meteor Grey Touring FWD with roof rack and wheel locks. This is a car they have on the lot. (Just arrived with 2 miles on it!)

MSRP : $25,715
Invoice (edmunds): $24,904
Dealer discount - $1,891
Additional discount - $250 (day of negotiation)
Price (before TTL): $23,574 (includes destination fees, no loyalty discount/no trade in)
We got a bunch of accessories at invoice (cargo tray, liner, cover, all weather mats) as add-ons so won't include them in the price.

The dealership's email quote was initially the lowest of all the other dealerships we received quotes from and we were lucky that they went down a bit further after we got there. We bought in Northern California.

Overall, I feel like we got a good deal and the buying experience was pleasant and relatively painless. We felt like the sales guy was genuine (read: not trying to cheat us) and really listened to us.

Anyways, looking forward to taking our CX-5 out on the road. Happy driving everyone!

Hi new here and I'm getting ready to buy a cx-5 touring with no packages or accessories. MSRP is 25,410. I got an offer for 26,200 out the door. Is this a good deal for socal?

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for almost 2 months and finally registered. I bought my soul red CX-5 AWD touring 2014 7 weeks ago I paid $26,395 ( plus extra $300 for red) plus taxes and $75 reg fee. This included roof rails cargo cover , Bose sunroof package I believe MSRP was $28,240 and invoice $27,284 for non prem color. Got 0.9 % financing and got an excellent price for my trade in 2008 Honda CRV ex. $13k with 60K miles. Great dealership. Westchester Mazda in Elmsford NY great salesperson Lester. Smoothest, quickest transaction / closing ever. Thrilled beyond belief!

Hi guys, I am new here but I just got an eprice from a dealer for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Tech Pkg $28,229 (MSRP. $31,290) for the Grey. Does not include destination charge, taxes or fees. Do you guys think that is a good price? Seems like invoice is $30,280.

Hi guys, I am new here but I just got an eprice from a dealer for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Tech Pkg $28,229 (MSRP. $31,290) for the Grey. Does not include destination charge, taxes or fees. Do you guys think that is a good price? Seems like invoice is $30,280.
How much is destination? $795?
That's $29,024 bf TT&L & fees. That's a good price! Make sure no other doc fees are included or find out how much they are.

You know I just realized destination was not included so I will verify how much it is. It should always be 795, correct? I will find out what fees are included. Still seems around $1k under invoice. What fees can I ask to be removed. Seems like most of you guys got doc fees and dealer fees removed? Thanks so much for the help.

How much is destination? $795?
That's $29,024 bf TT&L & fees. That's a good price! Make sure no other doc fees are included or find out how much they are.

I got a breakdown from the dealer:

Destination Charge $795

Here is the breakdown:

NJ (7%) or NY taxes
Etch: $299.00
Doc Fee: $399.00
DMV: Aproximate $399.00

What is an etch fee?

You know I just realized destination was not included so I will verify how much it is. It should always be 795, correct? I will find out what fees are included. Still seems around $1k under invoice. What fees can I ask to be removed. Seems like most of you guys got doc fees and dealer fees removed? Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:
Just picked up a 2013 sky blue mica tour, no tech packages, no leather with 12,900 miles for $20,500 in Florida.

I think the prices on used may be coming down.

The etch fee is for them to etch the VIN onto all the windows/ windshields it's pure dealer profit.. As far as your doc fee if its NY it's capped by law at $75. DMV fees are very high . A CT dealer I went to had the same fees with a price $300 below MSRP I ran away... Try a NY dealer to avoid those fees. They bring up the price of your car to $30,124 ( plus extra tax on the etching?).. I had the option at my NY dealer of the GT with tech for $29,100 incl destination but not $75 doc fee and $85 registeration

Thank you for that info. PM'd you.

The etch fee is for them to etch the VIN onto all the windows/ windshields it's pure dealer profit.. As far as your doc fee if its NY it's capped by law at $75. DMV fees are very high . A CT dealer I went to had the same fees with a price $300 below MSRP I ran away... Try a NY dealer to avoid those fees. They bring up the price of your car to $30,124 ( plus extra tax on the etching?).. I had the option at my NY dealer of the GT with tech for $29,100 incl destination but not $75 doc fee and $85 registeration

Hi, I'm new to the forum but it's been helpful reading thru the posts and just bought our CX-5 yesterday! Thought I'd share my deal in case it helps others.

2014 Meteor Grey Touring FWD with roof rack and wheel locks. This is a car they have on the lot. (Just arrived with 2 miles on it!)

Dealer discount - $1,891
Price (before TTL): $23,574 (includes destination fees, no loyalty discount/no trade in)
We got a bunch of accessories at invoice (cargo tray, liner, cover, all weather mats) as add-ons so won't include them in the price.

The dealership's email quote was initially the lowest of all the other dealerships we received quotes from and we were lucky that they went down a bit further after we got there. We bought in Northern California.

Overall, I feel like we got a good deal and the buying experience was pleasant and relatively painless. We felt like the sales guy was genuine (read: not trying to cheat us) and really listened to us.

Anyways, looking forward to taking our CX-5 out on the road. Happy driving everyone!

Can I ask you what it was that $1891 and $250 discount?

Wow you did great. I just finished settling my wants from needs and I want to go with the same Touring in FWD also with a roof rack, I received a quote for:

$24,500 (MSRP:$25,410, not including Roof Rack)
+ TTL (no extra dealer fees)

I am thinking I should still shop around or try to get him to go lower.

Dealer discount - $1,891

Last edited:
2014 Touring AWD with Bose and moonroof: sticker was $27780 for the one I test drove. That is what I paid on 6/11. I did get Soul Red and wheel locks at no charge. (I would have paid more!) What a switch from my 05 Ford Escape!

Back