What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just got 2014 Touring FWD
Moonroof/Bose Package
Tech Package
Wheel Locks
Roof Rack
Rear Bumper Guard
MSRP: $28,430, got the car for $26,556
Total out the door with LOJACK and EXTENDED WARRANTY: $32,445.67, trade-in+down payment for $6,500. Total financed of $25,945.67, 1.49% APR 60 Months

Picking up my 14 GT FWD tech tomorrow for $30292. My trade in got $262 more than KBB value I was using for my calcs. SO saved a few bucks on the top and got a few more on the trade.
Southern Oregon only dealer around. Not much give.

Last edited:
Oh man what a depressing thread.

Norwegian car taxes is a killer.
This is what i payed for my 1 year old CX-5 with 10.000 miles on the clock.
67.000 U.S. dollars

Now if i wanted something like, let`s say a 2009 Corvette Z06 it would be:
230.000 U.S. dollars

My wife just picked up a ’14 GT FWD with Tech, along with most of the OEM accessories. Best price in the area was at Pearson Mazda in Richmond. Pleasant experience.

Paid invoice in Western New York. Edmunds & KBB had it going for about $500 over invoice.

Well...decided to go with the CX-5! As of Saturday now the proud owner of one and I have already put 200 miles on it.

Picked up a Black 2014 AWD Touring, no other options. MSRP: $26,660. I got it for $25,500 which as I understand is about $500ish below invoice. With taxes, dealership fee, and filing fee $26,780.17 OTD.

Overall pretty happy with the deal. Getting free oil changes for life too.

Last edited:
After a week of online-only shopping and trading e-mails with every dealer within 100 miles, I just got home with my new CX-5. No loyalty, military, or trade involved. Here's the details:

2014 CX-5 AWD GT
Jet Black Mica/Black Leather
-GT Tech Package
-Wheel Locks
-Roof Rack Side Rails

MSRP: $31,595
Invoice: $30,596

My price: $29,999 (before 6% MD tax and $154 registration/plate transfer)
On the road: $31,952.94

I think I got a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

After a week of online-only shopping and trading e-mails with every dealer within 100 miles, I just got home with my new CX-5. No loyalty, military, or trade involved. Here's the details:

2014 CX-5 AWD GT
Jet Black Mica/Black Leather
-GT Tech Package
-Wheel Locks

-Roof Rack Side Rails

MSRP: $31,595
Invoice: $30,596

My price: $29,999 (before 6% MD tax and $154 registration/plate transfer)
On the road: $31,952.94

I think I got a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

You suck...im jealous

Well...decided to go with the CX-5! As of Saturday now the proud owner of one and I have already put 200 miles on it.

Picked up a Black 2014 AWD Touring, no other options. MSRP: $26,660. I got it for $25,500 which as I understand is about $500ish below invoice. With taxes, dealership fee, and filing fee $26,780.17 OTD.

Overall pretty happy with the deal. Getting free oil changes for life too.

That's what I am looking for for my daughter who lives in Denver, can I get the dealer/salesman name ?

Thanks a lot to everyone who's posted. It helped a lot on Friday when I was ready to find my deal. I ended up buying from Town North Mazda in Richardson, Texas. Big shout out to Phillip and Alex, they were awesome! Here's what I ended up with. Price includes loyalty discount (sold my '08 Mazda3 Friday morning), no military or trade in.

2014 CX-5 FWD Touring, White with Black Interior, Homelink mirror and all weather mats. Also had them tint the front windows.
MSRP: $26,006
Invoice: $25,198
Total Paid to Dealership: $23,786 (Includes $500 loyalty)
Estimated OK Taxes: $900
Total Price:$24,686

I'm tickled pink! (alright)

I'm new to the forum.

I recently picked up a pre-owned 2013 CX-5 2WD Touring (no options) with 11,000 miles for $21,700 in the Trenton NJ area.

There doesn't seem to be much used data available for the 2013 CX-5. KBB.com lists their private party value as $23,735 for the equivalent model and their trade-in value as $21,800, both in very good condition. These values seem inflated considering what a new 2014 CX-5 sells for.

Hi everyone. Test drove the new Mazda CX 5 and was very pleased. If I can make the #s work I'd like to make it my next vehicle. MY first new car in a long time...
I'm most interested in the Touring AWD. No other options necessary. I'm based in NY, Long Island specifically. I've been reading the thread and prices seem all over the map.
Anyone have feedback on what they got the Touring AWD for? If anyone is in the Long Island area and feels like they have a trustworthy dealer who gave them a good deal, I'd be very interested to learn more. I got one quote around 29K OTD (NY 8.625% tax)which I felt was too high.
I really appreciate your help. Honda is being very aggressive with pricing on the CRV which my wife likes...I'll need pricing on the Mazda to be in the ballpark to make it work.

I would like to get an opinion on this proposed deal:
2014 Grand Touring AWD no tech
Car 26723
Destination 795
Etching 299
Document 399
Tax 1926.26 (NJ 7%)
NJ DMV 337.50
total 30479.76

Wayne Mazda (Wayne NJ)
Obviously the etch and doc fees are junk filler. I think there is still room in this. Is there?

I would like to get an opinion on this proposed deal:
2014 Grand Touring AWD no tech
Car 26723
Destination 795
Etching 299
Document 399
Tax 1926.26 (NJ 7%)
NJ DMV 337.50
total 30479.76

Wayne Mazda (Wayne NJ)
Obviously the etch and doc fees are junk filler. I think there is still room in this. Is there?

I just got the 2014 GT without the tech package too (only option was rear bumper guard) and they threw in the etching (whatever that means). I got mine from Schwartz in Tinton Falls.

I got pre-aproved for my financing from a couple of places (Capital One and my local credit union) but did not tell the salesman that. We got the price where I wanted it, and when they came back with a higher rate than my pre-approval, I was able to haggle that down too.

The whole thing (tax, docs, etc) was 30253.30 which included everything except gap insurance

I just got the 2014 GT without the tech package too (only option was rear bumper guard) and they threw in the etching (whatever that means). I got mine from Schwartz in Tinton Falls.

I got pre-aproved for my financing from a couple of places (Capital One and my local credit union) but did not tell the salesman that. We got the price where I wanted it, and when they came back with a higher rate than my pre-approval, I was able to haggle that down too.

The whole thing (tax, docs, etc) was 30253.30 which included everything except gap insurance

Thank you for that. I knew there was room.

Back