What did you pay for your CX-5?

We used TrueCar with Bill Jacobs Mazda in Joliet, IL. They were great to deal with, immediately went below the TrueCar price for a loaded 2014 GT w/Tech, remote start and tow package. They wound up not having the tow package in stock so we told them to cancel that off the deal.

Total price OTD was 32,100 including TTL. 7.25% sales tax for where we live.

It would help, if you would mention only the car's price.

Romero Mazda in Ontario CA, offered it at $23.996 for a base Touring.

I paid $34,000 (Includes all fees/charges/dealer fees) for a 2014 Mazda CX5 AWD - GT - Aluminum Metal. (55Km) With taxes 13% came to: $38,420.

Financed @ 0% for 48 Months, $35.00 bank fee.

Last edited:
I paid $34,000 (Includes all fees/charges/dealer fees) for a 2014 Mazda CX5 AWD - GT - Aluminum Metal. (55Km) With taxes 13% came to: $38,420.
Financed @ 0% for 48 Months, $35.00 bank fee.

Anyways I got my Blue Mica CX-5 GT with tech back in June.
$35,200. (invoice $34154, carcostcanada)
+$500 lifetime oilchanges
-$500 Mazda autoshow discount
-$500 Mazda loyalty (RX-8)
Taxes 5%
About $37,500
Also financed @ 0% for 48 Months.

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,83736.0.html

Just realized this is my first post after joining in 2008.

Last edited:
Leased a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech from Pearson Mazda in Richmond Virginia with the following terms:

MSRP: 31,995
Sale Price: $30,500
Lease terms: 36 months, 36k miles
Money factor: .00040
Residual: 55%
Fees: $389 dealer "processing" fee, $725 lease acquisition fee, 4% sales tax
$0 out of pocket
$440 per month.

I went back and forth between two dealers and just couldn't get the price any lower. I had an offer from a Honda dealership for a fully-loaded CRV for $28,750 (insane right?) that I was comparing against. The extra $1750 was worth it to get the CX-5 over the CRV.

FYI, I helped a friend buy a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring about a week ago in the Denver area.

He emailed and telephoned several dealers. Some were responsive, others not. Surprising since he had money burning in his pocket and anyone could have at it.

Groove Mazda on the south side of Denver provided the best communication, offered the best deal, and did a pretty good job keeping in touch.

They provided him with a good price over email, threw in free all weather mats, and had the vehicle he wanted transferred from another dealer the same day.

I supported him in person through the buying process which let me observe them. I found them to be nearly hassle free in every way. There was no re-negotiating the price or details, no bait-and-switch, nothing negative.

The only pressure put on him was during the paperwork process where a finance manager gave an *excellent* sales pitch for extended warranties. My friend didn't buy, but I can completely see how many people would, it was a really good pitch and educated me on warranty coverage. (I still wouldn't have bought it, but I liked the presentation!)

Groove is too far away for me to work with, but if I was in the area, I'd consider giving them a chance. Hope this helps someone.

Got my 2014 CX-5 GS AWD meteor gray in Calgary, AB back in march. was 31519 before taxes and after all was said and done I got the 400$ grad rebate in the mail afterwards. So would be 31519*1.05 = 33094 - 400 = $32694.

I have picked up my base Touring Sky Blue today for $23598+Tax+TTL, from Sierra Monrovia. Price includes competitive owner discount of $500. Dealer didn't even knew about it. It only shows up at Mazdausa page. Came with wheel locks, rear bumper applique, roof rails in this deal. The only one left in this color! No more Sky Blue people.

Price includes competitive owner discount of $500. Dealer didn't even knew about it. It only shows up at Mazdausa page.

Congratulations on the new CX-5! What are the requirements for getting the "competitive owner" discount? Do you have to currently own a similar vehicle from one of Mazda's competitors?

Actually, you have to have in the family another brand's SUV. My wife has a 2009 Honda CRV, so we qualified for this discount.

Hi.
I try to buy a CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech pack and got a quote today. The guy sent a quote which is $30267 + ETC..
So, the OTD is $33590.92 he gave. (tax 9.5)
How's this price?
Please help me anybody....
Thanks.

There is/was a "Mazda Loyalty" bonus of $500 for present Mazda owners. I know because I traded in a CX7 and received the bonus.

Do you have in the family another SUV, there is a $500 discount. Edmunds shows a $200 dealer discount also.

I just got mine delivered today from Achilles Mazda, Milton, Ontario, Canada. It is a white 2014 GS FWD(Touring). It has the new straight shifter. I got it for 1.25% above invoice, which is like 33000 with everything included. It even bet Jeff (MOT) by $100. The dealer experience is pretty good, I did mostly of the negotiation through email since I live in Waterloo. Also got a ipad air on delivery, which is a surprise.

Closed a deal today on a 2014 CX5 GT FWD with Tech package in San Diego. 4 miles on the odometer

Price: $28,160 + Taxes and Fees

Paid $30,317 out the door ($500 Owner Loyalty Included)

Last edited:
Rolled out of the dealer tonight in a 2014 CX-5 GT+Tech AWD in white with roof rack, bumper guard, cargo cover and locking nuts for $1000 under invoice ($29,942 plus tax and other gouging). We didn't qualify for any other discounts, as we have neither another SUV or another Mazda.

Build date is 05/13 and it had 90 miles on the clock, so I'm pretty sure the dealer's had it at least since we started considering a CX-5 back in August, but I thought that was a pretty good deal, and the wife and I are both very happy so far. Hope we feel the same in the cold light of day, and that the 2015's aren't a huge step forward! :)

Latest posts

Back