What did you pay for your CX-5?

Went to the dealership. In Delaware

2018 GT AWD with PP (MSRP was 33500)
Dealer offered 3199 + Tags, tax

Hows this price? He wouldn't budge at all and thought I was crazy asking for 12% ish off MSRP. (I didnt take it)

Last edited:

Hows this price? He wouldn't budge at all and thought I was crazy asking for 12% ish off MSRP. (I didnt take it)

3199 discount or is that sale price and you*re missing a digit?

If it*s sale price $3199x that*s not near enough off for an 18 imho.

Find another dealer. In fact, contact as many dealers as you can until you find someone willing to work with you.

2018 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, silver, with CarPlay only (no PP) for $28,449. OTD comes to $30,472. $300 more for dark gray.

Last edited:
What is msrp and sales tax %?

Well things have changed. My wife wants Machine Gray Metallic and they only have one with PP. So I'm now looking at $32,011 OTD including CarPlay installed. MSRP is $34,035 and invoice is $32,256 (not including CP). Tax is 4.98%.

Well things have changed. My wife wants Machine Gray Metallic and they only have one with PP. So I'm now looking at $32,011 OTD including CarPlay installed. MSRP is $34,035 and invoice is $32,256 (not including CP). Tax is 4.98%.

Don*t know what the AC retail cost is but remember their cost is probably a lot less. Regardless, I*d be trying for ~31250 and wouldn*t do a dime above 31500 out. Its an 18 and its December 28th, tell them you*ll buy it today for xx,xxx and you*ll answer your phone 12/31 if they need a sale. Don*t let them know you*re stuck on a color.

Fwiw my daughter has the machine gray and it*s a pain to keep looking clean cause it*s so dark. Your car tho.

Last edited:
2018 machine grey Touring AWD w/ PP

$25,500 (got four dealers at this price in Seattle area with $750 loyalty discount and $1000 customer cash)

+ TTL

$29,133 OTD

(Plus $300 for AA/ACP, 15% off other accessories, and 5 (!) years free service)

Last edited:
Just pick up my 2018 Touring AWD without package for OTD $26,800 in Chicago (9.5% tax). The car already has 40 miles on it.

Just purchased my 2019 Signature. Deal is not the greatest, but acceptable to me. I was given dead center KBB trade-in value for my old vehicle and $2k off MSRP ($500 rebate plus $1,500 dealer discount). It just came off the truck today! Still wrapped in white plastic. We take it home tomorrow.

It looks like an interesting forum. :)

I've been using a few dealers to compete against one another for a 2019 GT w/ PP, white exterior, parchment interior, FWD, MSRP $32,865. The lowest I have right now is $29,196+TTL which I may go pick it up tomorrow. Just to make sure, I test drove one at a local dealer tonight. Just for kicks, I let them give me a quote (most local dealers don't deal so I have to travel for a reasonable price) which was of course absurd. However, it got to the point they asked if I would say yes if I was OTD for $30,000 with TTL (including trade in of a vehicle worth maybe $1k) for a 2019 GT w/ PP, grey metallic color, black interior, FWD. I said I want to test drive the rav4 first to make sure it's the right decision for me but maybe tomorrow if the price is still good. In typical dealer fashion they said it's only good for today. (rlaugh)

Anyway, on the test drive I took today the engine felt so weak compared to the turbo in the reserve I test drove a week or two ago so I'm having second thoughts. For some reason it's $10/6months cheaper to insure an AWD reserve over the FWD NA too. Weird.

Interesting that an AWD is cheaper to insure even by a few dollars. Wonder if that's typical?

I bought a 19 GT w/PP AWD machine gray last week.

Deal breakdown:
MSRP: $34365
Sale price: $30250+Tax&Fees
Mazda loyalty: -$750
OTD: $32790

how am I doing on my deal?

Just purchased my 2019 Signature. Deal is not the greatest, but acceptable to me. I was given dead center KBB trade-in value for my old vehicle and $2k off MSRP ($500 rebate plus $1,500 dealer discount).

My research tells me anything north of $1500 discount on a Sig or GTR (turbos) right now is good. Rebates are gravy depending on what you qualify for or they give you. I did above $2k discount plus the 500 but played hard and lucky they played along. Hard to tell when you trade, which I did, cause it all gets baked in.

My daughter has a 17 GT which I*ve driven a bunch - sweet car - but the turbo takes it to a whole other level. I*m very happy with my purchase.

Enjoy it.

2019 Sonic Silver CX-5 Signature
(matches my 1999 Silver Miata Sport)

37,885.00 MSRP
-1,005 discount (2.7%)
36,880 -- Edmunds TMV shows 36,898
-14,500 (trade) using Edmunds TMV - high trade in on KBB was 13,263
22,380.00 trade difference
599.00 doc fee - i think this is about right for GA
1,612.66 7% state and local taxes
102.00 license and fees
24693.66 total cash price
- 1000.00 cash discount (think this should have been 500 which is the current promotion for the 2019 GTR/Sig)
- 750.00 loyalty (bought my 2016 from same dealer)

22,943 out the door
This was my first counter and they accepted
They were a bit worried about the trade as the history showed a "major" accident previously (side-swiped shortly after I bought it -3K in repairs.
and they were not sure if they could sell it CPO. I was also worried the previous accident would effect trade-in value.
They did not have the color I wanted (silver) locally so had to go out of state -Alabama - came in with 254 miles so it was driven back.
They wanted the trade immediately so they put me in a 2018 GT loaner while waiting for the new Sig (6 days)

Maybe not the best deal but I'm happy with it - I see others here with more off MSRP but less on trade....
Hope this break down helps others currently in the market....

Last edited:
New Mazda Owner here and first time car purchaser haha.

CX-5 GT Reserve Eternal Blue for $32,855 before taxes and fees ($35,000 OTD). Unfortunately, did not qualify for any of those other rebates.

New Mazda Owner here and first time car purchaser haha.

CX-5 GT Reserve Eternal Blue for $32,855 before taxes and fees ($35,000 OTD). Unfortunately, did not qualify for any of those other rebates.

What was msrp? Did you already buy?

Bought 2019 GTR for $500 over invoice ($35,538), then subtracted $750 loyalty discount. Very happy!

Soul red - for my wife. I would have bought machine gray. Women!

Having driven BMWs, Hondas, Audis, VW Tig and a few American cars, this is the best driving machine (drove 2015 CX-5 touring before this one). Best looking, best price/value ratio, best equipped car - almost perfect.

Back