What did you pay for your CX-5?

For the 2018 Sports vs Touring, are the sides on the door panels any different? Does the Sport have all hard plastic?

Also, for the sports, can you buy a chip for the NAV?

Thanks,
TT

For the 2018 Sports vs Touring, are the sides on the door panels any different? Does the Sport have all hard plastic?

Thanks,
TT
No, the doors are the same.
Can you buy a Sport either Nav? If so, then yes. Prior to 17 you couldn't get a Sport with Nav. I do think that's changed.

Thanks,
TT

Yes, you can buy down trim models in CX-5 then add Nav to any model as the guts are in there-so a salesman told me. That guy was very knowledgeable and brought it up as a plus factor.
Reviewers say it's not the greatest nav system, as dated technology and we like our cheapo Nuvi Garmins that get free & frequent updates too. FWIW, I added a Nuvi, same as new to my scooter and payed $15 bucks for the gizmo-my mounts cost more than the device.
I'm after a GTR or SIG so will have to take what I get NAV wise.
Some of you asking about 2018 price points need to look on various websites like Car Gurus and do a national search and scope out the price points for certain models new or used.
It serves others here little purpose to quote out the door prices as we don't pay your taxes or fees or extraneous fees. What we need to see is the bare price point with any equipment mounted and charged for on the car. Minus out the other stuff like door edge guards and other crap they foist off on people. I simply refuse to buy there add-ons period. Large volume doesn't mean they are discounting any more so than another smaller dealer. It's all about their sales plan and what they cut it loose for. If they told me I had to finance with them at a poor %, that's a sure walk away idea stuff easily done from a puter. I wouldn't waste my time traveling to a dealer until I knew exactly which colors, trims, etc., I would buy and the price point. It does take some leg work to get to that point of knowing what you'll accept though. My wife assists with choosing colors, features, test drives, etc. then once we know what we are after the rest is time consuming email and sometimes telephone work. She never is bothered with the haggling or pissy stuff. I never travel until the price is favorable as a deposit can be done on my puter. An e.g. is ordering my last two vehicles once we knew the choice we'd made. The only dealer or factory trip(BMW in SC) was the delivery day. Giving them shots at you on the dealer lot is for people who trade-in and shop their trade.

Last edited:
for 2018 probably go with Touring which has
Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic AlertSSS
Smart City Brake Support (SCB
Smart Brake Support (SBS)-SSLane Departure Warning (LDW) with Lane Keep Assist (LKA)-SS
Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)-SS
High Beam Control (HBC)

+ preferred pkg which adds
Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink
Bose 10-speaker audio sound system with Centerpoint2 and AudioPilot2
Mazda Navigation System
One-touch-open power sliding-glass moonroof with interior sunshade
Power rear liftgate

My nearest dealer in Lexington, KY just got their 1st 2019 SIG car. They list that car on typical web sales locations like Car Gurus for 4% off MSRP which equals invoice. Plus state fees and their too high admin fees.
Car Gurus has a GTR listed from Kerry Mazda in Florence, KY(CIN area) for $33, 979 with the $400 roof rails. I need to lay eyes on the GTR vs. SIG interior and drive the 2.5T then I'll know if I'm buying or not and which color my wife wants, in and out. My plan is to order a car in Jan/Feb if the price is right or if I like it but they have the price held up as fresh market then I'll wait until March when we get back from snowbird duty. If they want a deal it has to be discounted enough to get my interest up and then I'll place a hold fee on what we want, mats, nothing else but our trim and color. I like the graphite color, sonic silver, the red and the lighter blue but we do live on a 1/2 mile private, gravel road and some dark colors are a no/go as always looking dirty. Even white gets dirty pretty fast.

2018 CX-5 Grand Touring w/ P.P.

Negotiated price down to a $29,750 (Includes $750 loyalty program rebate) plus tax and tags.
OTD price was around $31,000.
I also got 0% financing on 60 months. This was a huge selling point for us. They threw in an additional 5 year bumper to bumper and roadside assistance.

I also owed roughly $14,000 on my trade in and the dealership agreed to pay off my loan completely just to convince me.:D

Purchased in the Philly, PA area.

Thanks,
TT

The Sport lacks a couple dumb things. I mean, cheaper things. It does not have the levers in the back to drop the seats and it doesn't have a light for the sun shade mirrors. Yes, you can put in a nav chip and get navigation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdre-eUFzV8

For sh*t's and giggles, in Singapore they are clearing their 2018 stock of Cx5's to make way for the 2019's. Cheapest it's ever been.

The CX5 2.0L is currently SGD115800 (USD84330) down from SGD125800 (USD91674)

The CX5 2.5L (non-turbo) is being offered at SGD138800 (USD101135). Down from SGD151800 (USD110635).

Those numbers and conversion rates are accurate. Paying for a CX5 Signature at even USD10k over MSRP would be a dream for me.

For sh*t's and giggles, in Singapore they are clearing their 2018 stock of Cx5's to make way for the 2019's. Cheapest it's ever been.

The CX5 2.0L is currently SGD115800 (USD84330) down from SGD125800 (USD91674)

The CX5 2.5L (non-turbo) is being offered at SGD138800 (USD101135). Down from SGD151800 (USD110635).

Those numbers and conversion rates are accurate. Paying for a CX5 Signature at even USD10k over MSRP would be a dream for me.

$100K+ for a CX5???????????? CRAZY!

Very pleased with my deal on 19 Signature. Trade was mid-high KBB and NADA (had some significant scrapes on rear bumper too). I had to bug them hard for this, I stuck and held at 24k otd. I think salesman earned his money.

38,085 msrp
-2,159 discount
- 500 rebate
35,426 sales price
-13,000 trade
********-
22,426 taxable amount
+1,345 sales tax 6%
+. 229 Fees, misc.
********-
24,000 otd

Very pleased with my deal on 19 Signature. Trade was mid-high KBB and NADA (had some significant scrapes on rear bumper too). I had to bug them hard for this, I stuck and held at 24k otd. I think salesman earned his money.

38,085 msrp
-2,159 discount
- 500 rebate
35,426 sales price
-13,000 trade
********-
22,426 taxable amount
+1,345 sales tax 6%
+. 229 Fees, misc.
********-
24,000 otd

Sounds like a great deal to me! Better than I did. How did you get a rebate? Are you a previous Mazda owner? There were no rebates available other than the Mazda Loyalty rebate, which we didnt qualify for since weve never owned a Mazda before.

Nice job and congrats on your new vehicle!

Sounds like a great deal to me! Better than I did. How did you get a rebate? Are you a previous Mazda owner? There were no rebates available other than the Mazda Loyalty rebate, which we didn*t qualify for since we*ve never owned a Mazda before.

Nice job and congrats on your new vehicle!

Not sure. I thought there was 500 customer cash, and it shows on my contract as such, but I was dealing for an otd cash number and didn*t really care how they got to it. After they agreed I did try to work the 750 loyalty in by suggesting my daughter buy my car and then title it to me - she bought a new GT earlier this year from same dealership/salesman - but they didn*t bite on that. Said buyer and registered to address had to be same. Think I could*ve battled more and maybe won but wife said I beat them up enough and coming in after the fact was kinda lame ��

38,085 msrp
-2,159 discount
- 500 rebate
35,426 sales price
-13,000 trade
********-
22,426 taxable amount
+1,345 sales tax 6%
+. 229 Fees, misc.
********-
24,000 otd

35K for a car with 250 HP, 310 lb of torque, a quiet interior cabin that reads 65 db at 70 mph, and gets ~25 MPG overall is an absolute steal. Congratulations.

Back