What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi guys, I purchased my 2017 CX-5 GT FWD no extra package for 28700, not qualified for any incentives. Gonna pick it up tomorrow, happy with the purchase. I know I can make better deal, but kind of tired go around the town. Thanks for all your information.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
good buy

I have a quote from a NJ Mazda dealer for a 2016.5 GT AWD Soul Red w/ Tech Package (+ wheel locks, rear bumper guard). It has the BOSE and moonroof option. With the 2k off that expires soon, it's 27,838, before TTL. Well, more specifically "Price(s) include(s) all costs to be paid by a consumer, except for licensing costs, registration fees and taxes." I'm new to the car buying thing...but if they hold to the price (and I will get whacked in taxes as I live in Brooklyn)...is that a fair price?

Thanks.

Not a bad price considering it was probably 31k MSRP 6 months ago. Tax will be about $2300.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not a bad price considering it was probably 31k MSRP 6 months ago. Tax will be about $2300.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MSRP of about 32,300. They could come down more. I'd shoot for under $27000, and at least get $27500. I got 26, but can't say I expect everyone too, however, it is time to let those 16.5s roll on off the lot...

Last edited:
I should also add that " This pricing includes loyalty and military discounts. Must finance through dealer on standard rates. Does not include dealer fees". Seems like I'd get stuck with +1000? The MSRP is 32380.

I should also add that " This pricing includes loyalty and military discounts. Must finance through dealer on standard rates. Does not include dealer fees". Seems like I'd get stuck with +1000? The MSRP is 32380.

So, a $1k more in rebates. With that being said, I'd def be shooting for $26k tops...

Also, you do not have to take the standard rate financing to get the customer cash, loyalty, and military rebates. Don't fall for that. You cannot take the $2k Customer Cash and get the 0% financing, though. You can bring your own financing and get it even...

Happy to join this gang

2017 CX-5 GT Soul Red
-1300 from MSRP
free soul red
free remote start
free all weather mats

Last edited:
Finally picked up ours today. Waited for the Memorial Day weekend special offer to come, but sadly there was none for the 17 CX-5. But we managed to get a pretty good deal, I think, thanks to a great referral from ver2go!

2017 GT FWD Machine Gray without premium package:

MSRP = $30,635
"Invoice" = $29,765
Negotiated purchase price = $28,435 (before TTL; $2,200 off MSRP)

We also got the $500 Mazda loyalty rebate, but I didn't include that above as I consider it a separate item from the negotiated price.

Seems like one of the best deals I've seen, over $2k off MSRP + additional $500. Nice! Enjoy.

Memorial Day sale: 2017 Touring Soul Red FWD with Premium package, "parchment"/beige interior
$28,230 MSRP
$27,345 Sale Price (after they dropped a couple hundred from initial offer, only a 3.1% discount but they said that's the best they could do. Not many other dealers nearby.)
$26,845 after $500 loyalty discount
$29,472 Out the door (with transfer of existing plates)

They had to transfer from another dealer to get the one we wanted, and I believe they incur a few hundred dollars in fees so that probably prevented us from getting a better deal. Sign paperwork and pick up tonight, will update this if any final pricing changes.

Color note: they had a red 2016.5 near the red 2017. The 17 is definitely a different shade - a little darker and richer, very nice for sure.

Last edited:
We were supposed to get our new CX-5 this past Saturday, but they discovered a dent when they took off the protective plastic. Probably mishandled in transit. So now we're picking up this coming Friday instead, sourced from another dealer... and I gotta do the insurance binder and IDs over again =(

We were supposed to get our new CX-5 this past Saturday, but they discovered a dent when they took off the protective plastic. Probably mishandled in transit. So now we're picking up this coming Friday instead, sourced from another dealer... and I gotta do the insurance binder and IDs over again =(

So, are you gaining anything from your inconvenience?

2017 CX-5 Touring with Preferred Equipment Package

MSRP: $28,935

Discount: ~4.2% - $ 1200

Out the door price: $30,000

Went to a couple dealers and this was the best I could do. I tried asking the dealer to throw in free/reduced price on remote start but they couldn't do it. I am planning to pick it up tomorrow. So excited!

I posted in the wrong space earlier.....

Dealer offered me only 1k off and free nav and negative value for my car on trade in so had to say no today.

Up here in Canadia

So, are you gaining anything from your inconvenience?

No, but I was thinking about it before (have them throw in a cargo mat or the rear bumper cover). It's fine, I don't think it's their fault. We're all getting inconvenienced anyways. I was looking forward to driving it earlier but we'll have it soon.

UPDATE: Picked it up today -- they gave me free rubber rear cargo mat, and rear bumper cover/trim!

Last edited:
Checked the CX-5 out this past weekend and we fell in love with it. We are trading in a 2014 Kia Rio hatchback and we will definitely have negative equity ($7200!! Unfortunately) but I got a quote for a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring Machine Grey Metallic with the iActivsense package out the door for $27,500. The MSRP is $27,835. Is that a good deal? We are located in Virginia. Are we stupid to do this? Should we wait longer to pay off more on the Kia? I am the ultimate impulse buyer and I don't want to make a mistake...again lol

Nvm it ain't gonna happen :( maybe in the future..

Last edited:
Checked the CX-5 out this past weekend and we fell in love with it. We are trading in a 2014 Kia Rio hatchback and we will definitely have negative equity ($7200!! Unfortunately) but I got a quote for a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring Machine Grey Metallic with the iActivsense package out the door for $27,500. The MSRP is $27,835. Is that a good deal? We are located in Virginia. Are we stupid to do this? Should we wait longer to pay off more on the Kia? I am the ultimate impulse buyer and I don't want to make a mistake...again lol

Nvm it ain't gonna happen :( maybe in the future..

$7,200 is a lot to roll into your payments, even if you get a decent price on the CX-5. With $7,200 negative equity you are essentially getting a Touring for the price of a Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package. If you can afford that, why not buy down the Rio and get a GT? That will be an even better upgrade for you and will be well worth the wait!

BTW, I am an impulse buyer as well and used to trade cars every year or so. It's an addiction. If I had that money back I could retire, but it's been fun. If it's any consolation, it's gotten better as I've gotten older. We actually rode out a 39-month lease on our G37 Convertible so we had a clean deal on our CX-5!

Last edited:
2017 mazda touring CX-5 TOURING AWD + I-ACTIVSENSE package no other option

MSRP : $28,870

DISCOUNT : $2,870* (10% off)

FINAL : $26,000

OTD: $27,500** 1.9% apr

the last day of May, 2 dealers beat the price, and this dealer won, they said they are losing the money by doing this. But so far it is the best deal I have seen among 2017 model. I didn't qualify any incentive.

2017 mazda touring CX-5 TOURING AWD + I-ACTIVSENSE package no other option

MSRP : $28,870

DISCOUNT : $2,870* (10% off)

FINAL : $26,000

OTD: $27,500** 1.9% apr

the last day of May, 2 dealers beat the price, and this dealer won, they said they are losing the money by doing this. But so far it is the best deal I have seen among 2017 model. I didn't qualify any incentive.

Great deal! Congratulations. Can you tell us what part of the country you are in or even the dealer? Did you do anything in particular to negotiate?

Back