What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just come back from Mazda Dealer. 2017 GT FWD no extra package, soul red. They ask 30130 which is 800 below MSRP( no rebate qualified). I haven't purchased yet. What do you guys think?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Just come back from Mazda Dealer. 2017 GT FWD no extra package, soul red. They ask 30130 which is 800 below MSRP( no rebate qualified). I haven't purchased yet. What do you guys think?

Don't do it.

Finally picked up ours today. Waited for the Memorial Day weekend special offer to come, but sadly there was none for the 17 CX-5. But we managed to get a pretty good deal, I think, thanks to a great referral from ver2go!

2017 GT FWD Machine Gray without premium package:

MSRP = $30,635
"Invoice" = $29,765
Negotiated purchase price = $28,435 (before TTL; $2,200 off MSRP)

We also got the $500 Mazda loyalty rebate, but I didn't include that above as I consider it a separate item from the negotiated price.

Last edited:
Finally picked up ours today. Waited for the Memorial Day weekend special offer to come, but sadly there was none for the 17 CX-5. But we managed to get a pretty good deal, I think, thanks to a great referral from ver2go!

2017 GT FWD Machine Gray without premium package:

MSRP = $30,635
"Invoice" = $29,765
Negotiated purchase price = $28,435 (before TTL; $2,200 off MSRP)

We also got the $500 Mazda loyalty rebate, but I didn't include that above as I consider it a separate item from the negotiated price.

Very good price, that's 7.2% off MSRP. You posted the best price I've seem on here for a 2017. Congrats! I was also referred by ver2go. I just email the sales person. I also just PM you. I went and test drove at a deal in SJ. Gave me a price much more, so I walked.

I spent 28995 for my Machine Gray without premium package today. Here in Los Angeles. But I put 13 down and financed the rest at 1.9.

I spent 28995 for my Machine Gray without premium package today. Here in Los Angeles. But I put 13 down and financed the rest at 1.9.

Hello. Amazing forum.
I finally bought my CX-5 2017 GT with premium package. I negototiated OTD as 32.5K and my final lease agreements has - 2K down, 379 per month for 12K/36 months.

After coming back home, I m confused as whether I got the price I negotiated or not. Agreement says - Gross cap as 34034, Net CAP as 32034 (-2000 down payment)

Itemization for gross cap reads - 33097 for agreed upon vehicle price, initial title - 342 and 595 as acquisition fee. My residual is 19942 and rent charge is 1571.

Do you think this was a good deal? Very concerned that instead of 32.5K otd, I ended up with 34034....am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Love the car though!

Which dealer do you go ? Do you have salesman contact info?

I just picked up my Snowflake White Pearl GT with no preferred package. MSRP was $30535 and I negotiated $1500 off, 1.9% financing and a great price on my trade. I felt like I got a great deal, considering it was a 2017 and they had a ton of 16.5's left on the lot. By looking around, I did learn that the high volume dealers have more room for negotiating the price down than a smaller dealership.

Which dealer do you go ? Do you have salesman contact info?

Ask for Roman at Culver City Mazda.

For what its worth, I am not saying thats a good deal. I might have worked to get more. I didnt use any negotiation practices. I just visited 2 dealers 3 times over the last say 3 weeks. Each time I got a feel for what they were offering. Then I asked around on Mazda forums and heard from real buyers and saw good advice. Then when I went in, I figured Memorial Day Weekend was a good time. Then I just asked for them to come into the 28000 range. And you see they barely did that.

Since then I see at least one post on another forum saying that one guy got a premium package GT at an even better deal. Suggesting I paid full price. I just went with what I thought was the best good offer price I wanted and stuck to it. But it was based on my desire to get the car this weekend and get it all passed me. But put your negotiating hat on and work the deal. Tell him Don and Eli sent you.

Picked up 2017 CX-5 GT FWD with Premium and Machine Gray MSRP $32,465 for $30,150 before TTL. That's 7.13% off MSRP.

Deal was agreed over the phone basically telling him what another forum member got, no hassle once met. My brother went with me and ended up getting the same car for an additional $500 off (though he doesn't live with me, guess that was the loyalty incentive, not sure what the salesman applied but it worked out for my brother). So it was $29,650 before TTL for him or 8.67% off MSRP. There was no rebate paperwork, so can't tell if a rebate was applied. Anyways, we're all happy Mazda owners now.

This was in SF Bay Area, not sure if I can mention dealership and/or salesman on here, but PM me if needed. Thanks to ver2go/Art146 members for referral of great sources for SF Area.

Thanks to this forum for all the info that lead me to this great car purchase. For anyone else looking at other brands and/or on the fence, you can't get a better car for the price. Simply awesome!

Picked up 2017 CX-5 GT FWD with Premium and Machine Gray MSRP $32,465 for $30,150 before TTL. That's 7.13% off MSRP.

Deal was agreed over the phone basically telling him what another forum member got, no hassle once met. My brother went with me and ended up getting the same car for an additional $500 off (though he doesn't live with me, guess that was the loyalty incentive, not sure what the salesman applied but it worked out for my brother). So it was $29,650 before TTL for him or 8.67% off MSRP. There was no rebate paperwork, so can't tell if a rebate was applied. Anyways, we're all happy Mazda owners now.

This was in SF Bay Area, not sure if I can mention dealership and/or salesman on here, but PM me if needed. Thanks to ver2go/Art146 members for referral of great sources for SF Area.

Thanks to this forum for all the info that lead me to this great car purchase. For anyone else looking at other brands and/or on the fence, you can't get a better car for the price. Simply awesome!

Wow, both of you got a CX-5? That really says something about this car! I would actually get a second one (to replace the Audi) if they offered a diesel (coming) and a Signature package like the CX-9 (anybody's guess). This was meant to be a second car for my S/O, but I have been the one driving it most. (yes)

Last edited:
Says something about Mazda. I have a hook up for an EPlan discount. Coworker went to test drive a 3. I was able to get EPlan discount for her. Her live in boyfriend got a CX-3 the next day. EPlan + $500 loyalty.
Zoom Zoom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Says something about Mazda. I have a hook up for an EPlan discount. Coworker went to test drive a 3. I was able to get EPlan discount for her. Her live in boyfriend got a CX-3 the next day. EPlan + $500 loyalty.
Zoom Zoom.

IMO, e plan pricing isn't that great anyhow. I mean I guess it's better than the fools who pay MSRP and above, but for the CX-5, it was only 6.7% off the base GT with no options. Several dealers I shopped with had that price beat with no haggling...

Mine was just above 8% off. Friends 3 was right about where you said. I was happy. Now if I'd have waited 4 months and could get the additional 2 grand off. Her BF could have got that deal but he cheaped out. He kind of regrets not getting the 5.

Hi guys, I purchased my 2017 CX-5 GT FWD no extra package for 28700, not qualified for any incentives. Gonna pick it up tomorrow, happy with the purchase. I know I can make better deal, but kind of tired go around the town. Thanks for all your information.

Back