What did you pay for your CX-5?

You take 3500 and in 30 days switch to local credit union. Its legal and costs you about$100. You get 1.99 or something less than 3.5 for sure. Thing is if you went with 500 deal you lose 3 grand instantly... With a loan who knows if you get a bonus or are able to prepay a litttle in the end interest will be low.

if you have the option of heading to another dealership i say you just walk away when they pull this stunt

I was talking to 2 dealers. They were both doing it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

My recent data point:

2016.5 CX-5 Touring Red
MSRP: $26,470
Negotiated price: $23,900
Financing discount: $1,000
Total before TTL and doc fee: $22,900

My recent data point:

2016.5 CX-5 Touring Red
MSRP: $26,470
Negotiated price: $23,900
Financing discount: $1,000
Total before TTL and doc fee: $22,900

Excellent deal I would say. For what you get 25ish after tax is amazing for touring.

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum and figured this would be a pretty good place to start.

I Just picked up a new 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD Black exterior and interior. MSRP was $29470 and I paid $25909 plus a free all weather cargo mat.

hey cx5 dude. i saw you bought your car for $25,909 before sales & fees. i currently have a quote for $27,000 before sales & fees in writing from one dealership here in san diego. looking to purchase this weekend. my goal is your price for the exact same vehicle just in white exterior. base model cx-5 grand touring (no extra packages) 2016.5 with parchment interior. could you send me some proof of that via email. you can always black out your personal information if theres any on it. i could really use that as leverage with the couple of car dealerships im working with right now. the lowest over the phone price (not in writing) is $26,800 with no obligation to finance. my phone number is (858) 349-8729
if you would like to discuss over text. i could show you a picture of that current written order of $27,000 before sales & fees over text. this forum is not letting me upload in messages for some reason or allowing me to copy & paste.

thanks, keri rudden

Ya, no problem. Let me dig up the sales sheet after work tonight and I'll send a picture over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

okay, that would be great! thank you so much! did you end up having to finance with them for that price or were you able to go through your own credit union? i have one guy up at spreen mazda in redland offering $25,700 or so if we go with their standard financing of 3.11% for 60 months but thats too high of an interest rate. he wins back that price difference through the interest rate over time. not worth it.

-keri

They said I could have gone either way, wouldn't have changed the price. I ended up going with their financing through Chase at 4.25%. This was much higher than I planned on, but I knew I would only have the loan for a couple of months so it didn't really matter to me.

Yes I could have, but I would have sacrificed $1500 in rebates. Like I said I knew I would be paying it off quickly so taking the higher interest made the most sense.

wow. that interest rate is high. okay, well they might try to tell me they can offer me that rate but only if i get that interest rate too. so if you have any back & forth emails or you've held onto a quote they gave you beforehand too, that would be good to have also in addition to your sales sheet so they dont try & pull that angle on me.

im currently pre-approved for a 1.98% for 72 months through my credit union but mazda is also currently offering the 0% interest for 60 months. so im game for that if they are able to give me the price you got it for.

thanks for all the help,
keri

Last edited:
its sounding like the over the phone quote of $26,800 without obligation to finance is looking like the best option if they try & require me to go through with their standard financing such as 3 or 4% in order for me to get that deal you got it for. especially if financing with them at their standard interest rate is what you needed to do in order to get that $1,500 rebate. i only have $7000 to put down as a down payment & i'll definitely need the 60 month loan term to feel comfortable with monthly payments. but do please still send all the information you have. if i can get a better rate, i would be happy to post the sales sheet on this forum for others to benefit from as well. (once i figure out how to upload images)

-keri

image1.JPG

^^ this is my lowest quote in writing before taxes & fees. (this is without obligation to finance or putting money down)

my lowest price over the phone was $26,800 before taxes & fees.

this is for the 2016.5 cx-5 grand touring (no packages just the base model). white exterior. parchment interior. front wheel drive.

Last edited:
This is my sales sheet.

As you can see the declared sales prices is:
$26909
-$500 Customer Cash which was their Black Friday sales incentive
-$500 Owner Loyalty cash
For a sales price of $25909 (now looking back at this they taxed the original $26909, not sure why that is)

What this sales sheet doesn't capture is I also negotiated in a free set of roof rails which I think sell for like $400 (included installation) and a cargo liner, which retails for $99. So you could calculate the final sale price as $25,410 after the freebies which I planned on buying anyway.

Attachments

• Mazda CX-5 Sales Sheet.jpg
    Mazda CX-5 Sales Sheet.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 115
awh, shoot. yeah, the $25,909 isn't stated anywhere on the sales sheet. unfortunately, i don't know if i will be able to use this as a bargaining chip with the dealerships. the only thing i can think they'll try to do is beat the $26,909 price total...which one dealership has already done over the phone with $26,800. do you have any emails with a quote given by the dealership before the purchase was made? that might be more useful since they messed up with the paperwork & didn't write the $25,909 in the paperwork. or if you could give me the name of the dealership & the salesman, i could try to get them to match the quote you got in Delaware. let me know.

thanks, keri

Here is the email showing the price. Don't bother contacting the guy in the email I found out later that he is just somebody the runs their internet sales, not even who I dealt with at the dealership. I actually tried to contact my salesmen a couple weeks ago and he has since left the company, so no go there either. As far as the sales sheet it clearly shows the rebates on the left side of the sheet then totaled and subtracted from the total at the bottom so I would think that would be enough.

Attachments

• Mazda email.png
    Mazda email.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 120
Hate to butt in and throw a wrench but someone really highly recommended the Tech package for the LED lights to me. I'm very glad I did that. The headlights are amazing. Its a worthy upgrade.

Sent from my LG V10

Totally agree and I had another deal going for a model with the tech package that I would have preferred. When I told them I was going to come get it they decided then was a good time to tell me that they could sell it to me because of a recall they hadn't completed on the car. So the one I got was my fallback.

ok. great. so my plan is to call the dealership out in Delaware & see if i can get a written quote from them, maybe through email. & then have someone back here in San Diego match it. wish me luck! i don't think i qualify for the $500 loyalty rebate. none of my family has owned or leased a mazda before. so it would just be the one $500 rebate. i'm thinking with the white paint exterior going for $200 more than your black paint exterior, my best number might be $26,400...which is still $400 under my current over the phone quote of $26,800. maybe $26,600 if they hold me to their white paint premium. what do you guys think?

i'm also planning on financing with them for their current 0% interest on 60 months offer as long as their lowest price doesn't make me obligated to go through their standard financing. that would suck.

Last edited:
Back